Jim Irsay OD’d and had to be revived with narcan in December

shadow_operative

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Is this where we shit on people for having money?   Why can’t Mcarthy have a heart attack due to being obese.  

Yes, this is where we shit on people for being born into wealth and proceeding to waste their life being a drug addled dipshit that should be in prison if held to the same standard as the rest of society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yes, this is where we shit on people for being born into wealth and proceeding to waste their life being a drug addled dipshit that should be in prison if held to the same standard as the rest of society.

You haven't been to a major American city in a decade?

Edited by alincoln
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I’m sorry their choices affect your life so much. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Odd comment on a website that constantly shits on people for the choices they make but OK.

Exactly. I’ve seen you shit on said people complaining about others choices. ;)    I guess we can only selectively shit on certain segments 

Why didn't he just pull himself up the bootstraps and just quit touching drugs like a proper American?  Seriously, what the fuck does it say about us that even a multi-billionaire born into privilege can't find decent help with mental issues?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Why didn't he just pull himself up the bootstraps and just quit touching drugs like a proper American?  Seriously, what the fuck does it say about us that even a multi-billionaire born into privilege can't find decent help with mental issues?  

I don’t know, it’s got to be hard as a multi-billionaire to fuck up so bad you won’t land on your feet if you survive. Normal people eventually lose their normal people jobs, lose their license and don’t have a driver, call in too many favors too many times and burn their bridges, etc. Rock bottom has to be elusive for the addict with effectively unlimited resources. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

32 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If you can't be born into billions and putz around and do hard drugs and need to be revived every now and again, well into your middle and elderly age, I'd argue you don't want it bad enough and are leaving a lot of meat on the bone of the privileged life you were given.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

If you can't be born into billions and putz around and do hard drugs and need to be revived every now and again, well into your middle and elderly age, I'd argue you don't want it bad enough and are leaving a lot of meat on the bone of the privileged life you were given.

Levity aside, I have known some children of serious privilege who grew up, did some modicum of decent work, and partied way too fucking hard and fucked up bad.  But this guy took it another level.  But he's older and white, as such...we send our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal

• Haha 2

Most likely he is addicted to oxy or Vicodin/hydro. It wouldn't be cocaine which doesn't have a reversal agent.

Irsay’s struggles with pharmaceutical opioids has been well documented thru the courts. His last sobriety probably crashed in the latter weeks of the Carson Wentz experiment. Then he hired drinking bud Jeff Saturday as his interim coach.

Just another victim of the Sacklers. That being said hopefully the kids can get him parked into a fancy rehab in Laguna Niguel and take over.
  • Like 1

I know a guy that knows Isray pretty well through the music foundation and "Jim Isray Band" stuff. His take is that like most addicts, his story is complex. He gets a ton of negative run in the press (rightfully so), but he also does a lot of really good things for people that never see the light of day. He told me a story about him paying several hundred thousand dollars out of pocket for cancer treatment for some long time roadie type and doing other things like that for behind the scenes guys that had made a career in music, but never made much money. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Keith addresses this in his book.  His theory, which granted, given how old he is in the face of the life he has lived, makes sense. 

Paraphrasing; he said you can only get so high.  Once you get there, you are done for the day.  You can't get "higher" and when you try, bad things happen.

Keith Richards-he was here when I got here.jpg.png

7 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Well, so does my blue collar South Austin hippie son, but he wouldn’t be caught dead in a pimp costume.

28C5DB7A-E7A7-4BB2-BB64-89D7BEA13391.jpeg

Maybe it's the edible finally kicking in, but I initially read that as your son was South Austin. Which would be hilarious if you think about it.

22 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Drugs are the last thing i would do if i had that kind of cash. 

Especially with the prevalence of fentanyl.  I don’t know how you fuck around with most drugs these days with fentanyl everywhere.  Gone are the days when the only shit in your coke was baby laxative or baking soda.  Ah the good ol days.

10 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Maybe it's the edible finally kicking in, but I initially read that as your son was South Austin. Which would be hilarious if you think about it.

Nah, my son is not a lawyer - he makes an honest living.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Worth $4,300,000,000 and he fucks around with drugs. Asshole.

I mean you are aware that it is probably an inherited predisposition?  It's not just a bad choice.

Where he is a bit of an asshole is not getting/accepting help with those kind of resources.

The only correlation between income level and propensity to do drugs, is regards to how harsh the glare of the justice system will fall on you. People commenting that his wealth should somehow shield him, (or would shield them if in his shoes) are puzzling. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Easy to say from the cheap seats on a football forum where none of us have even close to that kind of wealth and the crowd you run with.

Nah, it’s easy to say.  I’ve had more than enough chances. I know more than enough really, really wealthy people.  I’m not the sort that would do that. I’m just not.

Edited by PittsburghTiger