2024 Houston Texans off-season thread

The Earl of Texas

So many whiny vaginas on here complaining of getting Mixon. U wanna win, you need some thugs. Even Vince said it before we won the MNC. Didn’t realize how many cuck betas are on here, but at least you all outed yourselves for the board to see. 

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Its a good football move vs Henry getting 9M and Barkley getting 12-14M.   I also like it as it means we are no longer only looking at boyscouts like when Daddy was alive.

All that being said, it feels gross and hope it is just for one year. And if he snaps his ankle on the last play from scrimmage next year, that wont bother me at all.

There will be another FA rb next season. Zero reason to over pay for too many years 

the nfl has devalued this position to one year deals 

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Pro and college are different. You can’t cheer for a pro team with your Texas goggles on. Mixon is a great pickup if you view it through football and production with this offense. Get another one in the draft and we will have great depth. 

You have a lot of stupid takes on this site and this one is actually one of the dumbest. Punching a woman in the face is egregious. There’s no caveat. Going pro doesn’t wash it away. Equivocate further like that and you deserve to be negbombed. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You have a lot of stupid takes on this site and this one is actually one of the dumbest. Punching a woman in the face is egregious. There’s no caveat. Going pro doesn’t wash it away. Equivocate further like that and you deserve to be negbombed. 

Didn’t see you bitching about Ramonce two sites ago on the way to our championship. 

Not just less money for Mixon, but Mixon in a contract year should give maximum effort. I like it much better than overpaying Barkley or Henry. They are are better on offense and with a couple more signings will be better on defense (on paper) without consuming a ton of cap space. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Caserio needs to get this done.

I hope he doesn't so I can watch this @Macklemore boomer completely shit all over himself on the internet like my grandfather trying to make a facebook post. 

Edited by MisterP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yes negs scare me please don’t.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not a peep about Mixon’s off the field incident on the local talk shows. Some questions about why the Begals would release him in the final year of a pretty reasonable contract, but that was a it. 

790 3pm show brought it up and called out the texans 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not a peep about Mixon’s off the field incident on the local talk shows. Some questions about why the Begals would release him in the final year of a pretty reasonable contract, but that was a it. 

It was 10 YEARS AGO and the chick he hit called him the N word. He was a 17 year old kid and made a mistake. The Texans of old wouldn’t make a move like this. It’s a new day. We want to win now for real.

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Feels like we're setting up to draft a WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds. It's an extremely deep class. I would literally just let CJ watch film and name the guys he would want and strategize from there. 

It definitely feels  like the Texans’ draft should be offensive-oriented. Almost all of their FA signings have been on the defensive side of the ball. 

Fuck Joe Mixon, but also fuck the old way of doing things where even a hint of character issues disqualified any player. It’s an extremely bitter pill to swallow, but it’s also the NFL. I still agree that punching a woman is unforgivable, so I guess I’m in the glass case of emotion Icono is in, but for completely opposite reasons. 

But the Danielle Hunter signing…WOOOOOO!!!!

As both a Cowboys and Texans fan, I have to say that I am infinitely more excited about the Texans than I have been about the Cowboys for a very very long time. I don’t even open that thread anymore. I can’t wait for September!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Feels like we're setting up to draft a WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds. It's an extremely deep class. I would literally just let CJ watch film and name the guys he would want and strategize from there. 

I think the 2nd round is the sweet spot, although if someone from a different position falls and you can't pass him up, it is what it is

Here are some interesting names that could be there in the 2nd

Xavier Legette

Malachi Corley

Ricky Pearsall

Ja'Lynn Polk

Troy Franklin

Roman Wilson

Jalen McMillan

Tez Walker

2 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Didn’t see you bitching about Ramonce two sites ago on the way to our championship. 

I never heard anything about him beating women, so, yeah. If you knew better, good for you. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yes negs scare me please don’t.

It’s our currency here, for better or worse. You come across as dumber than a sack of hammers, so of course that would be irrelevant to you and congrats. Often wrong, but never in doubt.  

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

It was 10 YEARS AGO and the chick he hit called him the N word. He was a 17 year old kid and made a mistake. The Texans of old wouldn’t make a move like this. It’s a new day. We want to win now for real.

Other than Mixon’s word, there is zero proof she called him a slur.  He claimed she called him that.  Weeks after the incident.  Not when it happened.  I personally don’t believe it and thank it is far more likely he made it up to try and justify conduct what otherwise might have been a career ending.  

Myles Garrett pulled the same get out of jail card when he attacked Mason Rudolph.   

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

How do you get him on a two year deal ?

He has the ability now to sign another FA deal still in his prime with a salary cap that’s God knows how much higher than today. Texans manage to keep a big salary completely within CJ’s rookie deal. I love this shit….

• Hook 'Em 4

Just bring them all in and let CJ throw to them. That's how the bromance with Tank started--at a pre-draft event where CJ was throwing to Tank.
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

He has the ability now to sign another FA deal still in his prime with a salary cap that’s God knows how much higher than today. Texans manage to keep a big salary completely within CJ’s rookie deal. I love this shit….

3d chess 

Going from Greenard to Hunter is gonna be a huge leap forward for the front 7. Still need some DTs and depth, but that is a hell of a starting lineup. They still need a CB to replace Nelson (might be in the draft), and an upgrade at Safety would be nice if possible. 

I would like to see them cut Woods and save that 5m to spend elsewhere though. I think they could do better on a #4 WR with that cash or in the draft. 

29 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Going from Greenard to Hunter is gonna be a huge leap forward for the front 7. Still need some DTs and depth, but that is a hell of a starting lineup. They still need a CB to replace Nelson (might be in the draft), and an upgrade at Safety would be nice if possible. 

I would like to see them cut Woods and save that 5m to spend elsewhere though. I think they could do better on a #4 WR with that cash or in the draft. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-tackle/available/?callback=in&code=N2JKNDGZYMITNZM1YS0ZZTQYLTLIZDETZJBINWI4NWYXOWRL&state=8cc7d0bea7f64412b9f50ab51cfadd89

lot of good DT’s left 

3 hours ago, Fud said:

I think the 2nd round is the sweet spot, although if someone from a different position falls and you can't pass him up, it is what it is

Here are some interesting names that could be there in the 2nd

Xavier Legette

Malachi Corley

Ricky Pearsall

Ja'Lynn Polk

Troy Franklin

Roman Wilson

Jalen McMillan

Tez Walker

Creating separation, getting open, and yards after catch are critical to DeMeco. Which WR listed does that the best? 

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Creating separation, getting open, and yards after catch are critical to DeMeco. Which WR listed does that the best? 

Legette is the guy, but he probably won’t be there 

Corley is a poor man’s Deebo