2024 NFL Playoffs- Conference Championship Games

5 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Of course.

Just saying, it's wild how crazy people talk when discussing current players that are putting up insane numbers and winning at historic rates and then acting like they're trash.  Purdy is an extremely good QB.  He has no control over silly MVP talk that doesn't make a shit anyway.

If you had to pick between Purdy, Burrough, Herbert, or Allen; in which situation do you take Purdy #1?  You have aTop5 OL and Top 3 RB?

I know the answer is Dak, but indulge me...

Edited by slorch

My dislike isn't for Purdy, it's all the people who got butthurt when he was a called a system QB, then started shouting for him to be MVP. Any decent QB who walks into that lineup, with that oline, RB, wr, te are going to look good. 

There’s nothing special about that Oline. The 49ers have quite a bit of draft capital in their skills guys, not to include Purdy.

I too have a tendency to dislike overhyped players. Purdy ain’t that guy for me. Yet.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

If you had to pick between Purdy, Burrough, Herbert, or Allen; in which situation do you take Purdy #1?  You have aTop5 OL and Top 3 RB?

Not really a fair question considering Purdy doesn't have as much experience as those other guys.

All of them have flaws.  Burrow can't stay healthy.  Allen can't take care of the football.  Herbert chokes late in games.

If it were me?  I'd probably take the guy I am paying near league minimum because I picked him up dead last in the Draft which allows me to spend elsewhere and keep going back to the NFC Championship game every year while those other guys don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

Dudes never done shit without the best trio of WRs.

So you'd take Purdy over Burrow with the San Fran offense?

LOLz.  Nope.

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

Not really a fair question considering Purdy doesn't have as much experience as those other guys.

All of them have flaws.  Burrow can't stay healthy.  Allen can't take care of the football.  Herbert chokes late in games.

If it were me?  I'd probably take the guy I am paying near league minimum because I picked him up dead last in the Draft which allows me to spend elsewhere and keep going back to the NFC Championship game every year while those other guys don't.

But your initial post was complaining that people weren't buying in to Purdy.

Why should they?  Because of the contract?  

Congrats on winning some Fantasy Football prize.

Just now, slorch said:

But your initial post was complaining that people weren't buying in to Purdy.

Why should they?  Because of the contract?  

Congrats on winning some Fantasy Football prize.

I was wondering why people were shitting on Purdy, not that they weren't buying into him.  

And since when is cap/roster management a fantasy football prize?  That shit is kinda fucking important.  

So you'd take Purdy over Burrow with the San Fran offense?

LOLz.  Nope.

I never said that.

Upthread there was talk about the loaded SF roster. Well?

By the way, PFF had your KC Chiefs Oline rated #18 after the regular season. The Niners were #21.

I’d take Allen. I think Burrow and more so Herbert are overrated. Of all those dudes Purdy is probably playing over his draft spot more so than the others.