Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:
  • He told James Woods to delete his account 
  • He blocked catturd2 for complaining about removing blocking
  • He’s gleefully blocking everybody who is complaining about the removal of blocking

And that’s all on Sunday morning.   So far.   

Stable Genius.  

Plus, he co-owns an important aerospace company.  

lisa simpson cuckoo GIF

“Ok, everyone take out your safety pencils and a circle of paper.  This week I hope to finish our work on the letter A”

image.gif.e5a8aa1e619529303726ed437801cbf2.gif

• Like 1

Ronan Farrow posted a long article on Musk.

Elon Musk’s Shadow Rule: How the U.S. government came to rely on the tech billionaire—and is now struggling to rein him in.

https://archive.ph/vjax8

relevant/interesting snips:

Ukrainian expats who had raised funds for the Starlink units began receiving frantic calls. The tech executive recalls a Ukrainian military official telling him, “We need Elon now.” “How now?” he replied. “Like fucking now,” the official said. “People are dying.” Another Ukrainian involved told me that he was “awoken by a dozen calls saying they’d lost connectivity and had to retreat.” The Financial Times reported that outages affected units in Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Kharkiv, Donetsk, and Luhansk. American and Ukrainian officials told me they believed that SpaceX had cut the connectivity via geofencing, cordoning off areas of access.

The senior defense official said, “We had a whole series of meetings internal to the department to try to figure out what we could do about this.” Musk’s singular role presented unfamiliar challenges, as did the government’s role as intermediary. “It wasn’t like we could hold him in breach of contract or something,” the official continued. The Pentagon would need to reach a contractual arrangement with SpaceX so that, at the very least, Musk “couldn’t wake up one morning and just decide, like, he didn’t want to do this anymore.” Kahl added, “It was kind of a way for us to lock in services across Ukraine. It could at least prevent Musk from turning off the switch altogether.”

+

Another individual told me that Musk had made the same assertion in the weeks before he tweeted his pro-Russia peace plan, and had said that his consultations with the Kremlin were regular. (Musk later denied having spoken with Putin about Ukraine.) On the phone, Musk said that he was looking at his laptop and could see “the entire war unfolding” through a map of Starlink activity. “This was, like, three minutes before he said, ‘Well, I had this great conversation with Putin,’ ” the senior defense official told me. “And we were, like, ‘Oh, dear, this is not good.’ ” Musk told Kahl that the vivid illustration of how technology he had designed for peaceful ends was being used to wage war gave him pause.

+

More than thirty of Musk’s current and former colleagues in various industries and a dozen individuals in his personal life spoke to me about their experiences with him. Sam Altman, the C.E.O. of OpenAI, with whom Musk has both worked and sparred, told me, “Elon desperately wants the world to be saved. But only if he can be the one to save it.”

+

Several officials told me that they were alarmed by NASA’s reliance on SpaceX for essential services. “There is only one thing worse than a government monopoly. And that is a private monopoly that the government is dependent on,” Bridenstine said. “I do worry that we have put all of our eggs into one basket, and it’s the SpaceX basket.”

+

i have no sympathy for people who choose to put themselves under "unrelenting stress" by working 24 hours a day.

it's one thing when you have to to make ends meet. its another thing when you are one of the richest people in the world and you shitpost at all hours while self medicating by microdosing Special K or whatever the hell he is on these days.

Some of Musk’s associates connected his erratic behavior to efforts to self-medicate. Musk, who says he now spends much of his time in a modest house in the wetlands of South Texas, near a SpaceX facility, confessed, in an interview last year, “I feel quite lonely.” He has said that his career consists of “great highs, terrible lows and unrelenting stress.” One close colleague told me, “His life just sucks. It’s so stressful. He’s just so dedicated to these companies. He goes to sleep and wakes up answering e-mails. Ninety-nine per cent of people will never know someone that obsessed, and with that high a tolerance for sacrifice in their personal life.”

this is Musk in a nutshell - put out a letter for everyone to stop developing AI 6 months while simultaneously putting together his own AI company during those 6 months

In March, Musk, along with dozens of tech leaders, signed an open letter calling for a six-month pause in the development of advanced A.I. technology. “Contemporary AI systems are now becoming human-competitive at general tasks, and we must ask ourselves: Should we let machines flood our information channels with propaganda and untruth?” the letter said. “Should we automate away all the jobs, including the fulfilling ones? Should we develop nonhuman minds that might eventually outnumber, outsmart, obsolete and replace us?”
Yet in the period during which Musk endorsed a pause, he was working to build xAI, recruiting from major competitors, including OpenAI, and even, according to someone with knowledge of the conversation, contacting leadership at Nvidia, the dominant maker of chips used in A.I. The month the letter was distributed, Musk completed the registrations for xAI. He has said little about how the company will differ from preëxisting A.I. initiatives, but generally has framed it in terms of competition. “I will create a third option, although starting very late in the game of course,” he told the Washington Post. “That third option hopefully does more good than harm.”

over all not a really groundbreaking piece from Farrow unfortunately.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, NoName said:

Elon Musk’s Shadow Rule: How the U.S. government came to rely on the tech billionaire—and is now struggling to rein him in.

+

+

+

+

i have no sympathy for people who choose to put themselves under "unrelenting stress" by working 24 hours a day.

it's one thing when you have to to make ends meet. its another thing when you are one of the richest people in the world and you shitpost at all hours while self medicating by microdosing Special K or whatever the hell he is on these days.

this is Musk in a nutshell - put out a letter for everyone to stop developing AI 6 months while simultaneously putting together his own AI company during those 6 months

The Times had a piece up on their podcast The Daily that outlined a lot of this too, might be a better listen given that it's a touch shorter

• Hook 'Em 2

From that Farrow piece:

Of all Musk’s enterprises, SpaceX may be the one that most fundamentally reflects his appetite for risk. Staff at SpaceX’s Starship facility, in Boca Chica, Texas, spent December of 2020 preparing for the launch of a rocket known as SN8, then the newest prototype in the company’s Starship program, which it hopes will eventually transport humans to orbit, to the moon, and, in the mission Musk speaks about with the most passion, to Mars. The F.A.A. had approved an initial launch date for the rocket. But an engine issue forced SpaceX to delay by a day. By then, the weather had shifted. On the new day, the F.A.A. told SpaceX that, according to its model of the wind’s speed and direction, if the rocket exploded it could create a blast wave that risked damaging the windows of nearby houses. A series of tense meetings followed, with SpaceX presenting its own modelling to establish that the launch was safe, and the F.A.A. refusing to grant permission. Wayne Monteith, then the head of the agency’s space division, was leaving an event at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station when he received a frustrated call from Musk. “Look, you cannot launch,” Monteith told him. “You’re not cleared to launch.” Musk acknowledged the order.

Musk was on site in Boca Chica when SpaceX launched anyway. The rocket achieved liftoff and successfully performed several maneuvers intended to rehearse those of an eventual manned Starship. But, on landing, the SN8 came in too fast, and exploded on impact. (No windows were damaged.) The next day, Musk visited the crash site. In a picture taken that day, Musk stands next to the twisted steel of the rocket, dressed in a black T-shirt and jeans, looking determined, his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed. His tweets about the explosion were celebratory, not apologetic. “He has a long history of launching and blowing up rockets. And then he puts out videos of all the rockets that he’s blown up. And like half of America thinks it’s really cool,” the former nasa administrator Jim Bridenstine told me. “He has a different set of rules.”

Some day he's going to fuck up and drop a rocket in Brownsville and kill some people. Disregarding safety regulations like this should get you imprisoned.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

The thing that mystifies me with SpaceX is they suck. It's such a waste. They haven't managed to catch up to what NASA did 50 years ago, while having a trillion times the computing power at their fingertips. What's the point of it.

i think the argument in favor of SpaceX they have is the focus on sustainability of the rockets and don't they do something like launch 80+ percent of global mass to orbit?

either way, one would certainly wonder what $44b would have done for their bottom line and ability to get to Mars or how many years that could have accelerated them forward.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NoName said:

i think the argument in favor of SpaceX they have is the focus on sustainability of the rockets and don't they do something like launch 80+ percent of global mass to orbit?

They do, which is the fucking problem. Why did we outsource that.

NASA is so much more competent. We easily could have developed reusable rockets with the money we pissed away on SpaceX subsidies.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, G650 said:

They do, which is the fucking problem. Why did we outsource that.

NASA is so much more competent. We easily could have developed reusable rockets with the money we pissed away on SpaceX subsidies.

NASA is a political football. In addition to being a jobs program for shitty Red states, it's a cashcow for the defense industry.  Space X has DRASTICALLY reduced the cost of payload to LEO. (like a 4/1 reduction)  Say what you want about Elon, Space X is doing some real shit...  I will admit he might have jumped the shark with Starship.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/20200001093

Edited by locodos
Starship, superheavy, whatever!

33 minutes ago, locodos said:

NASA is a political football. In addition to being a jobs program for shitty Red states, it's a cashcow for the defense industry.  Space X has DRASTICALLY reduced the cost of payload to LEO. (like a 4/1 reduction)  Say what you want about Elon, Space X is doing some real shit...  I will admit he might have jumped the shark with Starship.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/20200001093

NASA, dollar for dollar, is the most effective program the United States has ever run.

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The argument in favor of SpaceX and other private space companies is, and always has been, that American plutocrats were not getting rich off of NASA so we had to stop using NASA to go to space and pay rich people instead. Don’t get twisted. 

Exactly

34 minutes ago, locodos said:

Say what you want about Elon, Space X is doing some real shit...

Also, LOL

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, G650 said:

NASA, dollar for dollar, is the most effective program the United States has ever run.

Also, LOL

According to who? You got a link to back up that bold statement?   

Criticism of the Space Shuttle program stemmed from claims that NASA's Space Shuttle program failed to achieve its promised cost and utility goals, as well as design, cost, management, and safety issues.[1] Fundamentally, it failed in the goal of reducing the cost of space access. Space Shuttle incremental per-pound launch costs ultimately turned out to be considerably higher than those of expendable launchers.[2] By 2011, the incremental cost per flight of the Space Shuttle was estimated at $450 million,[3] or $18,000 per kilogram ($8,200 per pound) to low Earth orbit (LEO). In contrast, the comparable Proton launch vehicle is said to cost as little as $110 million,[4] or around $5,000 per kilogram ($2,300 per pound) to LEO, despite not being reusable.

When all design and maintenance costs are taken into account, the final cost of the Space Shuttle program, averaged over all missions and adjusted for inflation (2008), was estimated to come out to $1.5 billion per launch, or $60,000 per kilogram ($27,000 per pound) to LEO.[5] This should be contrasted with the originally envisioned costs of $260 per kilogram ($118 per pound) of payload in 1972 dollars (approximately $558 per pound adjusting for inflation to 2019).[6]

While the shuttle did serve a purpose servicing satellites and space stations in orbit, it failed at its original goal of achieving routine, reliable access to space, partly due to multi-year interruptions in launches following Shuttle failures. It was never as economical as expendable rockets for the task of launching satellites.[7] NASA budget pressures partly caused by the chronically high NASA Space Shuttle program costs have eliminated NASA crewed space flight beyond low earth orbit since Apollo, and severely curtailed use of uncrewed probes.[8] NASA's promotion of and reliance on the Shuttle slowed domestic commercial expendable launch vehicle (ELV) programs until after the 1986 Challenger disaster.[9]

Two out of the five spacecraft were destroyed in accidents, killing 14 astronauts, the largest loss of life in space flight.[10]

LOL at your LOL 

6 minutes ago, locodos said:

According to who? You got a link to back up that bold statement?   

LOL at your LOL 

SpaceX hasn't managed to do things NASA did sixty years ago. It's not a conversation. If we wanted NASA to work on budget space servicing it's something they could do in their spare time, there's nothing remotely impressive about that. The only that holds NASA back is being a political football.

If you want evidence of NASA's efficacy, just look around man. About 95% of everything we use in the modern world came from NASA, DARPA and Bell Labs. The space missions they launch are a fraction NASA's purpose.

SpaceX is a joke.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

SpaceX hasn't managed to do things NASA did sixty years ago. It's not a conversation. If we wanted NASA to work on budget space servicing it's something they could do in their spare time, there's nothing remotely impressive about that. The only that holds NASA back is being a political football.

If you want evidence of NASA's efficacy, just look around man. About 95% of everything we use in the modern world came from NASA, DARPA and Bell Labs. The space missions they launch are a fraction NASA's purpose.

SpaceX is a joke.

If your point is that Nasa has been valuable to the US.  Great we agree.

If your point is that Nasa bid out work that advanced mankind.  Great we agree

So all that happened by let's say the mid 70's.  (So 50 years ago)

So tell me the story of Nasa since then...   You know, efficient Nasa, who has lost capability over time.

Who is it that takes Nasa astronauts to space?

3 hours ago, locodos said:

So tell me the story of Nasa since then...   You know, efficient Nasa, who has lost capability over time.

The Space Shuttle program aka the first reusable spacecraft?

The International Space Station?

The Hubble Telescope?

The Chandra X-Ray Observatory, which enabled us to study deep space at a level that was almost inconceivable at the time, including capturing the split second that matter disappeared inside the event horizon of a black hole?

The various Mars rovers including the Mars Science Laboratory? Some of the if not the greatest scientific achievements in human history you absolute dumbfuck?

The pivot from orbital missions to deep space exploration/observation (i.e. handing them off to commercial interests like SpaceX), a renewed focus on the Moon, and more planned Mars missions was intentional and certainly does not indicate a loss of efficacy. We will likely have a permanent human presence on the Moon as early as 2030 due to NASA's efforts.

You simply have no fucking clue what you're talking about and are mistakenly assuming that NASA's loss of focus on putting humans into orbital space is some kind of death knell for the agency. Shut the fuck up and read a book, dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, locodos said:

not arguing it has "lost capability" or if spending there is good or bad, just pointing out their % of budget has dropped basically every year since 91 and it peaked in the 60s.

image.thumb.png.d298678bbc1d72b4df5d0815c24ab0c3.png

image.png.172cdba310a2317f07b17df03021f8d6.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, locodos said:

This tells me everything I need to know about your knowledge of the subject.  Good day sir!

wait, really?

Space X had $5.2b in expenses in CY2022, and had about $2 billion in funding over the same timeframe from SpaceX.

SpaceX is the 2nd most awarded contractor for NSASA behind JPL i think.

...so you really don't think that NASA has shit to do with getting to Mars? FFS they were the first ones to land on the planet, have a presence there today and pay SpaceX like 40% of their expense budget for the year...and they have nothing to do with getting to Mars in the first place?

1 minute ago, NoName said:

wait, really?

Space X had $5.2b in expenses in CY2022, and had about $2 billion in funding over the same timeframe from SpaceX.

SpaceX is the 2nd most awarded contractor for NSASA behind JPL i think.

...so you really don't think that NASA has shit to do with getting to Mars? FFS they were the first ones to land on the planet, have a presence there today and pay SpaceX like 40% of their expense budget for the year...and they have nothing to do with getting to Mars in the first place?

???  I haven't posted anything about Mars, like at all. 

My post have been:

• To credit space X radically reducing cost to LEO.  Which they did.  Link posted above
  • Point out that NASA is a jobs program (looking at you Alababamba)
  • Nasa has been beset by political wrangling (I think from your post you agree)

The idea that NASA will have a permanent Human Settlement on the moon on or around 2030 is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Surly or Shaggy.  Especially because we are already balls deep in 2023.

3 minutes ago, locodos said:

My post have been:

• To credit space X radically reducing cost to LEO.  Which they did.  Link posted above

The idea that NASA will have a permanent Human Settlement on the moon on or around 2030 is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Surly or Shaggy.  Especially because we are already balls deep in 2023.

it's been proposed a ton that they send a manned mission there the 2030s. there is some planetary alignment that happens in 2033 that makes it much easier evidently. they are planning on bringing back mars samples in 2033 last i heard.

perm human in 2030? naw BUT THEY COULD PROBABLY MAKE IT HAPPEN IF THEY HAD THE 44B FOR THE PROGRAM THAT MUSK BURNT ON FUCKING TWITTER (and yes i know it wasn't all his money)

IIRC BF knows his stuff on this front.

21 minutes ago, locodos said:

My post have been:

I did not mean to type 2030, that was a typo. I didn't even realize I typed that until I read this post. My fault. I was simply talking about the goals of the Artemis program, but for THAT specific goal, 2040 is a realistic deadline that may or may not be hit, and is what I meant to type.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, locodos said:

To credit space X radically reducing cost to LEO.  Which they did.  Link posted above

lol fucking no man. All the associated costs came down, they actually lagged comparable tech. Say you use the initial of 27k per lb for LEO instead of the latest 8k per lb just to err way on your side, you are looking at SpaceX being a little over 1/20th as expensive. In the same time frame RAM costs have dropped to 1/1000000th(!!) as much as 1982. The cost of a GFLOP has gone from 10's of millions to cents. These are the huge costs that go into space flight. These guys are huge laggards.

25 minutes ago, G650 said:

lol fucking no man. All the associated costs came down, they actually lagged comparable tech. Say you use the initial of 27k per lb for LEO instead of the latest 8k per lb just to err way on your side, you are looking at SpaceX being a little over 1/20th as expensive. In the same time frame RAM costs have dropped to 1/1000000th(!!) as much as 1982. The cost of a GFLOP has gone from 10's of millions to cents. These are the huge costs that go into space flight. These guys are huge laggards.

If that's true, then the Shaggy Brain trust is perfectly placed to:

1) Start a Rocket company on the cheap using processing power not hardware (I mean we already nailed the activity function)

2) Use the wreath fun the wrap the rockets with pithy posts and paint penises

3) ?

4) Profit!

I mean if Space X  are huge laggards and they are dominating the launch market?  How dumb are we?!

Spoiler

Narrator "Pretty fucking stupid"

BF, G650, I humbly apologize, your posts have given me pause to reflect... Nasa is the perfect image of budget and project management and Space X is lucky they are, coat tail riding bitches!...    and frankly I gotta go book some accommodations or I'm going to be sleeping in a sheuch.

10 minutes ago, locodos said:

If that's true, then the Shaggy Brain trust is perfectly placed to:

1) Start a Rocket company on the cheap using processing power not hardware (I mean we already nailed the activity function)

2) Use the wreath fun the wrap the rockets with pithy posts and paint penises

3) ?

4) Profit!

I mean if Space X  are huge laggards and they are dominating the launch market?  How dumb are we?!

Reveal hidden contents

Narrator "Pretty fucking stupid"

BF, G650, I humbly apologize, your posts have given me pause to reflect... Nasa is the perfect image of budget and project management and Space X is lucky they are, coat tail riding bitches!...    and frankly I gotta go book some accommodations or I'm going to be sleeping in a sheuch.

uh if you think people here are going to worship the ground Elon walks on, you are in the wrong thread.

also, it's ok to like SpaceX and not say they are perfect. because they aren't. those fucking guys are burning through cash and still somehow not really making money 20 years after they were founded.

40 minutes ago, locodos said:

How dumb are we?!

I ask myself all the time how I can get billions from the government to do a job they should be doing in the first place.

I do give Elon credit for one thing, he is an all time great carnival barker. Top 3 easy. I can't touch him there

• Hook 'Em 4

An underrated part of the New Yorker article

"Justine and Musk married the following year. After their first child died at ten weeks, from sudden infant death syndrome, the couple dealt with the tragedy in very different ways. Justine, by her account, grieved openly; Musk later told one of his biographers, Ashlee Vance, that “wallowing in sadness does no good for anyone around you.” After pursuing I.V.F. treatment, the couple had twins, then triplets. (Musk now has at least nine children with three different women, and has said that he is doing his part to address one of his pet issues, the risk of population collapse; demographers are skeptical about the matter.) Justine wrote in an essay for Marie Claire that their relationship eventually buckled under the weight of Musk’s obsession with work and his controlling tendencies, which began with him insisting, as they danced at their wedding, “I am the alpha in this relationship.” A messy divorce ensued, leading to a legal dispute over their post-nuptial financial agreement, which was settled years later."

(by the way there is no "alpha" in human relationships, it's an incel myth, bullshit they tell themselves to compensate for feelings of inadequacy)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

by the way there is no "alpha" in human relationships, it's an incel myth, bullshit they tell themselves to compensate for feelings of inadequacy)

Yep, and if you say you’re the alpha, you are clearly not nor do you understand that it’s a myth.

joffreygettingslapped.gif

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 12:37 PM, NoName said:

+

+

+

+

Ronan followed this up today with an interview on Kara Swisher, along with William Cohan (financial journalist and founding partner of Puck News). 

• Hook 'Em 2

Lego precision for a "truck".  Also, a website for Cybertruck Owners exist; yet, no one owns one yet.

https://electrek.co/2023/08/23/elon-musk-lego-cybertruck-quality-leaked-tesla-email/

In a leaked email to Tesla employees, Elon Musk highlighted the need for high standards of quality and “single-digit micron” tolerance with the Cybertruck due to its straight edges.

Today, Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced that he test-drove a production candidate Cybertruck at Gigafactory Texas.

Presumably, he also surveyed the Cybertruck production at the plant and the quality of the pickups Tesla is currently producing ahead of the official production start.

He came away from it with an interesting thought that he shared in an email to Tesla employees that leaked (first reported on Cybertruck Owners Club):

Due to the nature of Cybertruck, which is made of bright metal with mostly straight edges, any dimensional variation shows up like a sore thumb.

All parts for this vehicle, whether internal or from suppliers, need to be designed and built to sub 10 micron accuracy.

That means all part dimensions need to be to the third decimal place in millimeters and tolerances need be specified in single digit microns. If LEGO and soda cans, which are very low cost, can do this, so can we.

Precision predicates perfectionism.

Elon

Musk noted that the design of the Cybertruck, with its sharp edges and stainless steel finish, makes every imperfection look worse.

The CEO suggests that the Cybertruck needs to achieve a level of accuracy in the single-digit micron range on all parts in order for the fit and finish to look perfect.

He compared the approach to the requirements of products like LEGO and soda cans, which Musk has praised before for their high volume manufacturing capacity at low cost.

Spoiler

n the past, Tesla has often been criticized for its fit and finishes. However, it is generally accepted that the quality has improved over the years, and now Tesla’s latest products, like the Model Y, receive better reviews in that regard.

In 2018 Musk sent a similar email to Tesla employees with the piece below:

Precision

Most of the design tolerances of the Model 3 are already better than any other car in the world. Soon, they will all be better. This is not enough. We will keep going until the Model 3 build precision is a factor of ten better than any other car in the world. I am not kidding.

Our car needs to be designed and built with such accuracy and precision that, if an owner measures dimensions, panel gaps and flushness, and their measurements don’t match the Model 3 specs, it just means that their measuring tape is wrong.

Some parts suppliers will be unwilling or unable to achieve this level of precision. I understand that this will be considered an unreasonable request by some. That’s ok, there are lots of other car companies with much lower standards. They just can’t work with Tesla.

Certainly Tesla has improved since 2018 in their panel gaps and precision but clearly they are nowhere near these lofty goals.

Tesla is looking to launch the official Cybertruck production in the coming weeks for a delivery event by the end of the quarter.

cybertruck-precision-build-quality-jpg.2

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Lego precision for a "truck".  Also, a website for Cybertruck Owners exist; yet, no one owns one yet.

https://electrek.co/2023/08/23/elon-musk-lego-cybertruck-quality-leaked-tesla-email/

Reveal hidden contents

n the past, Tesla has often been criticized for its fit and finishes. However, it is generally accepted that the quality has improved over the years, and now Tesla’s latest products, like the Model Y, receive better reviews in that regard.

In 2018 Musk sent a similar email to Tesla employees with the piece below:

Precision

Most of the design tolerances of the Model 3 are already better than any other car in the world. Soon, they will all be better. This is not enough. We will keep going until the Model 3 build precision is a factor of ten better than any other car in the world. I am not kidding.

Our car needs to be designed and built with such accuracy and precision that, if an owner measures dimensions, panel gaps and flushness, and their measurements don’t match the Model 3 specs, it just means that their measuring tape is wrong.

Some parts suppliers will be unwilling or unable to achieve this level of precision. I understand that this will be considered an unreasonable request by some. That’s ok, there are lots of other car companies with much lower standards. They just can’t work with Tesla.

Certainly Tesla has improved since 2018 in their panel gaps and precision but clearly they are nowhere near these lofty goals.

Tesla is looking to launch the official Cybertruck production in the coming weeks for a delivery event by the end of the quarter.

cybertruck-precision-build-quality-jpg.2

These twats can't even get the same interior colors on opposite door handels, but this, this will be cake. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

If your Bingo card has SpaceX sued by USDOJ using Elmo's own tweets as evidence, congrats.

Elon Musk’s reckless tweeting has once again come back to bite him. The New Republic

The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against SpaceX on Wednesday, alleging that the company discriminated against refugees and asylees. And it cited one of Musk’s own tweets as proof.

In June 2020, Musk tweeted that “US law requires at least a green card to be hired at SpaceX, as rockets are considered advanced weapons technology.”

The lawsuit lists this tweet as just one of a few public discriminatory statements that SpaceX’s CEO has made over the years. The lawsuit alleges that these public statements were intended to discourage refugees and asylees from applying to SpaceX. Those who did end up applying were not fairly considered, according to the lawsuit.

According to the suit, SpaceX repeatedly wrongly stated in job postings and public statements that the company could “only hire U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents” from at least September 2018 to May 2022.

The lawsuit also alleges that SpaceX “wrongly claimed” that U.S. export laws prevented it from hiring refugees and asylees. “Export control laws and regulations do not prohibit or restrict employers from hiring asylees and refugees; those laws treat asylees and refugees just like U.S. citizens,” the lawsuit says.

The investigation into discrimination was launched in May 2020 by the Department of Justice’s Immigrant and Employee Rights section, but was stalled significantly by SpaceX’s unwillingness to cooperate. SpaceX tried to slow down the DOJ’s investigation and only provided requested documents a full year after they were first requested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If your Bingo card has SpaceX sued by USDOJ using Elmo's own tweets as evidence, congrats.

Elon Musk’s reckless tweeting has once again come back to bite him. The New Republic

The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against SpaceX on Wednesday, alleging that the company discriminated against refugees and asylees. And it cited one of Musk’s own tweets as proof.

LMGDAO. There will be many more lawsuits just like this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?