Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So the whole “world’s town hall” isn’t really panning out so we’re now aiming for the world’s biggest financial institution?

Imagine buying something for $44 billion dollars without understanding what it is or having a plan on how to actually run it.

I hope Mike Judge is taking notes for a Season 7 of Silicon Valley. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So the whole “world’s town hall” isn’t really panning out so we’re now aiming for the world’s biggest financial institution?

Imagine buying something for $44 billion dollars without understanding what it is or having a plan on how to actually run it.

There are places for this: NFL, MLB, EPL (especially the EPL), NBA …

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I'm a critic of the nyt for their "bothsides" political coverage, their editorial, and their op-ed, yet I'm a subscriber because their services do have value. Meanwhile if you sign up for a free (or paid) account on twitter these days you get treated far worse (via what elron has done to "your feed" and boosting/shadowbanning) than some interloper who drops in occasionally without even a free login to read specific feeds. Also the nyt is highly profitable and twitter under ceo elron is extremely unprofitable.

In summary, isn't it ironic that elron is still lost in the forest 8 months after assuming ownership, and that he -- a strong contender for the champ of twitter diarrhea -- is out there complaining about the NYT's twitter account, dontcha think? 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Chopper said:

In summary, isn't it ironic that elron is still lost in the forest 8 months after assuming ownership, and that he -- a strong contender for the champ of twitter diarrhea -- is out there complaining about the NYT's twitter account, dontcha think? 

We could almost start a betting pool on when he realizes that twitter users are the product, not the customer, and I would take the "never" option. 

Lebron James's $96 a year doesn't mean shit when Lebron James is freely contributing content worth tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

• Hook 'Em 3

I am noticing just a lot less engagement from some of the journalists I follow. I see people with ten thousand to forty thousand followers who only get a single digit like count, and not a single comment or quote tweet after sharing dozens of updates. I follow some major journalists who used to get dozens of replies and now only get a couple here and there, with more then half being off topic spam or junk.

Click through counts, the thing that so many people want, have always been dismal for twitter. Its like the official site of people sharing links without reading the article.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, Elmo's chief complaints about the platform all come back to "it really isn't designed or suited to implement insane buttfuckery, and 'insane buttfuckery' is literally the only thing I want to do here."

Perfection.  Every time I think that the breathtaking stupidity may have peaked.....I realize we can't even SEE the peak from here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Checking in on the progress of elmo's de-verification of the NY Times. As you may recall they have/had a number of different, verified accounts.

image.thumb.png.1b8c7ef94edeb19a74bd25c4638429a5.png

The blue mark is what's described above. The yellow one:

image.thumb.png.6cd3a6a752223d0795ed6da571832aee.png

The moral of the story is that even when attempting wholeheartedly to be a petty bitch, elmo is still an incompetent twat.

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The moral of the story is that even when attempting wholeheartedly to be a petty bitch, elmo is still an incompetent twat.

He's paying some twitter employees who are probably making six figures to go through the equivalent of a big-ass Excel spreadsheet and manually de-verify people who won't pay.

Well Done Congrats GIF by America's Got Talent

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I hope Mike Judge is taking notes for a Season 7 of Silicon Valley. 

honestly, now i want an episode of the King of the Hill reboot where someone gets pulled offside by a verified fake account and it causes issues for everyone. Dale makes too much sense, so probably going to have to be Hank or Kahn

• Hook 'Em 1

For all the news and noise of elmo's destruction of Twitter, Tesla is quietly having a great year, bouncing back from last year. Surprising to me as I figured the jig was up with Tesla. Maybe still is, just not yet:. I read somewhere they are up almost 80% I think this year, adding $200bn to Tesla market cap. I guess that's why elmo doesn't care about losing a measly $20 (or 44bn) on Twitter?

Tesla has a record quarter. The electric vehicle maker delivered nearly 423,000 vehicles in the first three months of the year, a 5 percent year-on-year increase, but slightly below Elon Musk’s own forecast. Tesla faces a number of challenges including rising interest rates, stiff competition from legacy carmakers and Chinese rivals, and the expiration of some tax credits for EV customers.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

lololol just in case you want a good laugh

YTD, sure TSLA is looking great. they are at +80%

...over the last 6 months? down 20%.

...over the last year? down 49%

...today alone? down 6%

TSLA is also playing end of quarter games with vehicles in Europe.

image.png.64e5faf1e03fe0ae4ac6e6c123a65bd2.png

here is the last year. they bottomed out in very early Jan. so of course they look glowing YTD. that's literally the only place they look good.

Agree with you; I was one of those who thought the "bottoming out" in January was just reality setting in and the new high water mark. Turns out I was wrong (I still think Tesla is vastly overvalued and will be compressed but my timing was off).

That said, you can mock elmo and hate him and still acknowledge that his bread-and-butter business is more or less booming (financially/on paper) right now and that's supplementing and adding to any losses seen with his mishandling of Twitter.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

...today alone? down 6%

here is the last year. they bottomed out in very early Jan. so of course they look glowing YTD. that's literally the only place they look good.

Came here to post the same shit. Not surprisingly TurkeyChew omits any and all context from his posts. Shockingly, taking the company back up to where it was just 4 months ago is a "great year." Early January the stock was literally at it's lowest point possibly ever. When you start the year on the mat and make it back up before the 10 count, context might matter a little bit before you declare victory. 

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

...today alone? down 6%

I sold my stock at the near term low.  Furk.

• Haha 1

Massive price cuts to move inventory.

Huge new government subsidies.

Most seemingly haven't figured out the tesla semi is a huge flop.

No new car models since 2012ish.

The cyberjoke truck is a failure that anyone without rose-colored glasses can see coming from miles away.

tsla stock is a playground for fanbois, criminals and con artists, just like crypto...

z8lf8.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HamsterHookah said:

Agree with you; I was one of those who thought the "bottoming out" in January was just reality setting in and the new high water mark. Turns out I was wrong (I still think Tesla is vastly overvalued and will be compressed but my timing was off).

That said, you can mock elmo and hate him and still acknowledge that his bread-and-butter business is more or less booming (financially/on paper) right now and that's supplementing and adding to any losses seen with his mishandling of Twitter.

the business as a whole is booming. EV sales were up 74% YOY and up from 5.6% share to 7.1% share.

BEV registrations in January 2023:

• Tesla (57% BEVs): 49,917 (up 34% from 37,128)
  • Non-Tesla (43% BEVs): 37,791 (up 186% from 13,210)
  • Total: 87,708 (up 74% from 50,338) and 7.1% share (up from 4.3%)

but sure, long term Tesla, the "luxury brand" lol is going to continue to outsell actual luxury brands like MB, BMW, Lexus, Audi, etc. TSLA has nothing to worry about from everyone else selling a huge % and actually putting out EVs, right?

the business is booming, not just TSLA. they are going to get crunched from the high end (luxury) and the low end. they had to slash prices and didn't see a huge positive result from it. they are falling further behind in the use of automated driving because Elon thinks they need to go all in on camera. there is nothing to see between Toyota and BYD partnering on anything, right?

but sure. TSLA is doing great! nothing bad to see here at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

the business as a whole is booming. EV sales were up 74% YOY and up from 5.6% share to 7.1% share.

but sure, long term Tesla, the "luxury brand" lol is going to continue to outsell actual luxury brands like MB, BMW, Lexus, Audi, etc. TSLA has nothing to worry about from everyone else selling a huge % and actually putting out EVs, right?

the business is booming, not just TSLA. they are going to get crunched from the high end (luxury) and the low end. they had to slash prices and didn't see a huge positive result from it. they are falling further behind in the use of automated driving because Elon thinks they need to go all in on camera. there is nothing to see between Toyota and BYD partnering on anything, right?

but sure. TSLA is doing great! nothing bad to see here at all.

No dude. Again, I agree with you. I'm a Tesla bear. 

I specifically said that Tesla was more or less booming this year "financially / on paper". The stock and market cap leading to a bulwarking of elmo's paper wealth, which supplements the paper losses, by much, of his malpractice of twitter. My personal belief is that Tesla is still acting like a speculative stock to some degree.

I don't think it's sustainable, but I do think it's worth noting and potentially discussing on an Elon-focused thread (not just Twitter focused) as part of the broader conversation about the guy (visionary or fraud).

19 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Down 49% since last year and the company is “booming”? 

I sometimes wonder if there is a relationship between the stronger the emotions, the less people are able to read and/or synthesize information:

• Up nearly 80% YTD and adding $200bn to market cap = more-or-less booming this year "on paper". I added that descriptor "on paper" because it's important when talking about assets like Tesla and Twitter, where elmo has lost $20bn of his wealth (so far) on Twitter but had a net gain from Tesla over the same timeframe.
  • Tesla is bouncing back from a nadir that many, myself included, thought was going to be a reset of the benchmark or high water mark
    • I still think this, I just think it will take longer now
  • Tesla seems to be acting as a speculative stock still, not too different from crypto as @Chopper mentioned
    • To support this as well (and could just be coincidence) the data point that crypto has also rebounded YTD in much the same way (and also in the face of headwinds)

Edited by HamsterHookah

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The cyberjoke truck is a failure that anyone without rose-colored glasses can see coming from miles away.

Funny you mention that - an awesome builder youtuber that I follow, Simone Giertz, made her own "Truckla" back in 2018 and finally came back around to build an autonomous charger like elmo promised and failed to deliver on too

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

sometimes wonder if there is a relationship between the stronger the emotions, the less people are able to read and/or synthesize information

What was emotional about my post? And just because you had a bad take doesn’t mean that I (or any others who responded) somehow didn’t read or understand what you said. But whatever makes you feel better I guess 

16 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I sometimes wonder if there is a relationship between the stronger the emotions, the less people are able to read and/or synthesize information:

• Up nearly 80% YTD and adding $200bn to market cap = more-or-less booming this year "on paper". I added that descriptor "on paper" because it's important when talking about assets like Tesla and Twitter, where elmo has lost $20bn of his wealth (so far) on Twitter but had a net gain from Tesla over the same timeframe.
  • Tesla is bouncing back from a nadir that many, myself included, thought was going to be a reset of the benchmark or high water mark
    • I still think this, I just think it will take longer now
  • Tesla seems to be acting as a speculative stock still, not too different from crypto as @Chopper mentioned
    • To support this as well (and could just be coincidence) the data point that crypto has also rebounded YTD in much the same way (and also in the face of headwinds)

I'm disappointed tsla's stock hasn't tanked further than where it was at the end of 2022. No problem admitting that. I was cheering for its total demise. But watching and reading about it recently has caused me to realize it's not subject to the same market forces as most every other stock. They're a combo of something like when 'new subscribers added' was the only metric that the market cared about for Netflix, elmo's loyal fanbois, and speculators. Further, and to give elmo credit this is probably where his carnival barker skills have paid off, they're unconstrained by typical market forces because the stock is so far beyond any realistic valuation that no corporate raider is going to see untapped value no matter how poorly con-man elmo runs the company.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I'm disappointed tsla's stock hasn't tanked further than where it was at the end of 2022. No problem admitting that. I was cheering for its total demise. But watching and reading about it recently has caused me to realize it's not subject to the same market forces as most every other stock. They're a combo of something like when 'new subscribers added' was the only metric that the market cared about for Netflix, elmo's loyal fanbois, and speculators. Further, and to give elmo credit this is probably where his carnival barker skills have paid off, they're unconstrained by typical market forces because the stock is so far beyond any realistic valuation that no corporate raider is going to see untapped value no matter how poorly con-man elmo runs the company.

This is basically where I am too, which also makes it hard as a bear because it's almost impossible to time when to short the Tesla stock because it's playing by basically a more polished or polite-society acceptable version of a wsb memestonk. I got burned on it once, once upon a time, but I know in my bones that Telsa stock is as you stated-- irrationally priced, speculative and overvalued. It's just how do you make money with that knowledge or instinct?

Edited by HamsterHookah

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?