San Diego @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Winning is cool

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

O’Dowd has awful range. Type of player we probably couldn’t be starting in the SEC.

Hopefully he hits.

Multiple plays he should have been able to make. He really is limited defensively because he can’t get to shit

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

O’Dowd has awful range. Type of player we probably couldn’t be starting in the SEC.

Hopefully he hits.

I doubt it. He’s pretty meh on both sides of the ball when it comes to Texas standards. If you’re going to be lackluster in one major phase of the game, you better be elite in the other. That’s not O’Dowd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

I doubt it. He’s pretty meh on both sides of the ball when it comes to Texas standards. If you’re going to be lackluster in one major phase of the game, you better be elite in the other. That’s not O’Dowd. 

I can’t believe he’s hitting 4th. That probably needs to change 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Not sure we have many other options. Dee Kennedy played some 2B and he could be a good one with time but he’s a freshman. Ardoin’s brother I guess could also be an option but he’s a twig right now and needs to add 10-15 pounds to play at this level.

We could have had this Florida transfer this offseason but decided we were good in the infield once Luke Storm said he was coming and Powell announced he was coming back. Would have been the ideal utility fit and had experience at second base.

https://auburntigers.com/sports/baseball/roster/deric-fabian/19180

Edited by Hookem2147

51 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I can’t believe he’s hitting 4th. That probably needs to change 

49 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Reminds me of 2 years ago when Pierce started the season with Daly hitting 4th protecting Melendez. He pulled the plug on that rather quickly.

Yeah, I doubt O'Dowd is long for the spot, either. He'll end up somewhere 6-9, especially given Gaspirino's, Sanders', and Belyeu's potential.

Edited by MuellerHorn

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, I doubt O'Dowd is long for the spot, either. He'll end up somewhere 6-9, especially given Gaspirino's, Sanders' and Belyeu's potential.

Sanders is going to be our next Faltine from a smack talk and edge standpoint. You can just tell from the way he carries himself.

Belyeu has such a sweet swing it’s just a consistency thing. His defense was horrible last year which is a big reason he never really played, so to see him make those plays tonight speaks to the progress he’s made.

22 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

So what now is the radio station for the post game show?

Get back to the truck immediately after the game and nothing found on the dial…emoji2371.png

I switched to AM 1300 but I did the same thing. I found nothing for FM. I’ll probably just listen through the website from on for postgame.

Also, is Jalin Flores about to be a star? 

• Hook 'Em 1