Washington @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I still maintain we cursed ourselves when we changed dugouts during the renovation. Zero titles since moving to 1st.

I don't think these guys are gonna need any help losing from dugout curses. 

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I still maintain we cursed ourselves when we changed dugouts during the renovation. Zero titles since moving to 1st.

'76 grad. Went to last 2 years at Clark Field. When Disch opened, we sat on 1st base side with the Wild Bunch, mainly rowdy law school students. The opponent harrassment from those guys was epic. The other team would throw spit cups back up in the stands, that sort of thing. Good old days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sailorhorn said:

'76 grad. Went to last 2 years at Clark Field. When Disch opened, we sat on 1st base side with the Wild Bunch, mainly rowdy law school students. The opponent harrassment from those guys was epic. The other team would throw spit cups back up in the stands, that sort of thing. Good old days.

Yep during early 80s, I went to many games and sat on first base side a few rows back from Wild Bunch just to hear their heckling that often got under opponents skin resulting in errors.  Priceless. The only visiting team that seemed to roll with the banter was Stanford which Texas played every season for many years and made me like them.   Those Texas teams in early 80s are probably the gold standard for Texas baseball.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Yep during early 80s, I went to many games and sat on first base side a few rows back from Wild Bunch just to hear their heckling that often got under opponents skin resulting in errors.  Priceless. The only visiting team that seemed to roll with the banter was Stanford which Texas played every season for many years and made me like them.   Those Texas teams in early 80s are probably the gold standard for Texas baseball.

That’s when I fell in love with Texas baseball. So I do agree. I think 2002 and 2005 was a near mirror image. Those Augie teams had no fear and knew they would win when the chips were down, they were downright shocked the few times they lost.

Edited by troph

8 minutes ago, troph said:

That’s when I fell in love with Texas baseball. So I do agree. I think 2002 and 2005 was a near mirror image. Those Augie teams had no fear and knew they would win when the chips were down, they were downright shocked the few times they lost.

Agree.  Augie teams were so resilient and his knack for playing the right player at the right time was epic.

7 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Agree.  Augie teams were so resilient and his knack for playing the right player at the right time was epic.

It’s time to get it back. I’m ready for a change. NIL era should be the golden era for Texas athletics and baseball should be the top performer.

• Hook 'Em 3