2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

Pretty goddamn ghetto. 

An inspection of Chase Field's roof uncovered concerns about the integrity of the cables used to pull it open and closed, Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall said on Friday, adding that the club will have to keep the roof stationary when fans are in the building.

Hall said there is no threat of the roof collapsing, but inspectors informed the Diamondbacks that a broken cable could potentially endanger fans.

“It’s almost like a bungee-type rope,” Hall said. “Could it snap and fall and hit a fan? They just don’t know how far it could drop, how far it would go down. They don’t want to take the chance. But it’s not as if the roof could cave in.” 

Two years before free agency. 10 years $140m. Smart move.  One of the best, if not the best, hitting catcher in baseball.  Probably some dead money at the end of this deal, but it's only $14 mil per.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Now that the rangers have a stupid corporate sleeve patch also, I’m wondering if that’s included on jerseys for sale as well. 

While it is a sharp looking jersey, my personal opinion of grown men wearing jerseys to games is, well, not very high.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

While it is a sharp looking jersey, my personal opinion of grown men wearing jerseys to games is, well, not very high.

I’m not looking to buy, just wondering if the corporate stuff extends to fanwear as part of the deal.  Never crossed my mind previously since I don’t pay much attention to the nba, and the nfl doesn’t do it yet, and the rangers hadn’t until til his season.  And soccer is its own thing. 

45 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Now that the rangers have a stupid corporate sleeve patch also, I’m wondering if that’s included on jerseys for sale as well. 

no, you have to add it yourself 

who’s the ranger’s patch sponsor ?

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Enjoy Fanatics shit quality and overpricing for pressed on quality and not stitched.

I started getting my jerseys from a Chinese place a couple of years ago.  Their quality is way better than Fanatics, and it's usually 3 jerseys for $100.  

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I started getting my jerseys from a Chinese place a couple of years ago.  Their quality is way better than Fanatics, and it's usually 3 jerseys for $100.  

Where do you get them tailored?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Bases loaded, 1 out for the O's.

1-1 

Hang the banner up then. 

Seriously this board’s lovefest with the O’s is hilarious to me. I’m going to take great joy in watching that “young, exciting core” live in 80-85 win purgatory until they can’t afford their stars anymore.

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hang the banner up then. 

Seriously this board’s lovefest with the O’s is hilarious to me. I’m going to take great joy in watching that “young, exciting core” live in 80-85 win purgatory until they can’t afford their stars anymore.

I don't love them. Just saying once again your prediction was incorrect.

Where did their mascot touch you?