UTRGV @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Quite a few big names went down tonight to shitty schools. But that happens to all good teams. However, at this point it's expected for us. 

Yep Alabama lost to UAB and Duke lost to Gardner Webb or some shit

36 minutes ago, petscii said:

You can hear it on the field mic on the radio broadcast.  

There were like, dozens of us left, so it’s literally the guy with the microphone: mystery solved. 

17 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Here's a fun stat.   Texas pitching has walked or hit 20 batters.

That’s what it felt like, thank god I was drinking heavily instead of keeping book

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

An O’Dowd grand slam would cap this night off perfectly 

More likely for him to strike out on a ball that bounces 3 feet off the plate, then 2 runs score on the passed ball.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

TCU lost to Abilene Christian tonight so we can officially call this weekend the ‘who wants their season to end the fastest’ series

In a shocking turn of events, Hookem2147 shows up to normalize failure for the baseball team. He’s had a solid season this year, even if no one else has. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

For the cherry on top, Craig Way just said on the radio his truck was broken into yesterday while at the radio station and they stole all of his audio equipment.

Wish it was Lowell Galindos

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

For the cherry on top, Craig Way just said on the radio his truck was broken into yesterday while at the radio station and they stole all of his audio equipment.

I bet the thief was whistling while he worked. 

• Haha 1

No sarcasm, that was maybe the most all-around poorly played baseball game I have ever seen beyond little league. But I’m proud to see the vaqueros pull it off. I can remember Rodriguez in particular being a star when he was pitching in high school in the RGV, it was cool to see him dealing tonight. 

Posted (edited)

Holy shit. We trailed 15-1?!?

and they left 15 on base?!?!

i’m not looking at the box score any further…

(but am now perversely curious how man walks we gave up seeing they only had 11 hits and we *only* had 2 errors)

Edited by UTexasFight
11?!?! And hit 9 more?!?!!! That box score is way worse than my kids 10U kid pitch league
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Holy shit. We trailed 15-1?!?

and they left 15 on base?!?!

i’m not looking at the box score any further…

(but am now perversely curious how man walks we gave up seeing they only had 11 hits and we *only* had 2 errors)

Yeah dude, this was uniquely bad

This was reminiscent of, but worse than, some of the last games in 2019.   We got shut out 15-0 and 13-0 by OSU and OU that year, walking 9 and 10.   The wheels had come off by that point.  Now the the wheels are off and the axle is bouncing into the median.   It's going to be a dismal few weeks until he's fired.

57 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This was reminiscent of, but worse than, some of the last games in 2019.   We got shut out 15-0 and 13-0 by OSU and OU that year, walking 9 and 10.   The wheels had come off by that point.  Now the the wheels are off and the axle is bouncing into the median.   It's going to be a dismal few weeks until he's fired.

image.gif.a0246cf26ffb497f130bde6e64956c31.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I am so glad I had a customer dinner last night and missed this shitshow. What a joke. 

TXSt wins season series, UTRGV wins for first time in generation etc etc etc. 

I am not sure what Pierce said in his post game mtg a couple weeks ago but it didn’t work. 

Nice thing about missing post season it will make it that much easier to fire this clown. 

But yall laughed at me, when I compared  Pierce to Charlie!!! 

lol nah but for real though, loved the fight by us last night, 

think the players might have gave up, no way they’re that bad 

29 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

That was a really strange feeling, being at a Texas game and not rooting for the ‘Horns.

The boy did his job. He went 0-1 with 2RBI. He was 3 of the HBP and 2 of the BB. I thought that Jalin got him at 2nd early on. Guess the replay wasn’t conclusive. He’s a patient batter and a tough kid. I could have done without the chest beating after one of the walks, but whatever. He was excited to help his team in his first start ever. He is fast, would probably be one of the fastest guys on Texas’ team too.

We ended up with his club coaches in the stands along with a lot of friends and family. 

That has to do it for Pierce. So maybe in the strangest most backward way ever, he will help Texas after all?

Good for you and him. 

0-1, on base 5 times, with 2 RBIs is some 9U stat line shit.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

That was a really strange feeling, being at a Texas game and not rooting for the ‘Horns.

The boy did his job. He went 0-1 with 2RBI. He was 3 of the HBP and 2 of the BB. I thought that Jalin got him at 2nd early on. Guess the replay wasn’t conclusive. He’s a patient batter and a tough kid. I could have done without the chest beating after one of the walks, but whatever. He was excited to help his team in his first start ever. He is fast, would probably be one of the fastest guys on Texas’ team too.

We ended up with his club coaches in the stands along with a lot of friends and family. 

That has to do it for Pierce. So maybe in the strangest most backward way ever, he will help Texas after all?

The chest-beating was after he took a pitch off his ankle/foot actually. It was dumb in a funny way, don’t think I’ve ever seen a player act like that after a HBP.  But I mean I’d be pretty pumped too to get on base in my first college game. Seemed to be tracking fly balls well out in center too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1