The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Game 7 report card. Harley and Miro were the two best skaters in the game.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.38.09 AM.png

What are these based on?  Shot attempts & quality?  Possession?  

Because there's at least one score every time that does not pass the eye test.  Esa this time.  

What a game and series.   Otter and D (other than Nils) were just fantastic.   Now pivoting to a completely different type of series. Someone from the AAC needs to be fired for booking a spare concert during the playoffs and fucking up the schedule.  Not only are we screwed as fans with Mavs/Stars simultaneously, this team deserves a fucking day off after that series.   A 48 hour turnaround is bullshit.  Wonder if any conversation about trying to steal game 1 with Wedgewood considering the series schedule.

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Because there's at least one score every time that does not pass the eye test.  Esa this time.  

Not 100% sure. There's no explanation on the site or where he's pulling info from for the report cards. I just noticed that Hockey-Reference has a bunch of advanced stats for each game on the site. He's pulling advanced stats from somewhere and putting together the graphs, I presume. If he's using Corsi or Fenwick or something else, I don't know.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/202405050DAL.html

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

Oh I think extremely unlikely but they fucked us without a single extra day of rest.  Don't think there is any way we can do it either but a brutal schedule.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Found this on a couple-year-old Reddit thread: 

Game Score is a player evaluation metric and the objective is to measure single game player productivity. The concept of game score has been used in baseball and basketball as well.

Game score weights each of the actions of each player to give us a single number representing their overall performance in that game.

Game Score includes goals, assists, shots on goal, penalties drawn and taken, faceoffs won and lost, blocked shots, 5v5 goal differential, and 5v5 Corsi differential. Each action is weighted differently in the formula. For example, one goal scored is worth more than one blocked shot.

The chart is color coding different segments of a players Game Score and showing where the positive and negative impacts of score is falling on a number spectrum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/comments/tkt1bx/hockeystatcards_individual_game_score_breakdown/

Edited by C-Man
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Oh I think extremely unlikely but they fucked us without a single extra day of rest.  Don't think there is any way we can do it either but a brutal schedule.

Boston played Game 7 on Saturday and will start their series tonight. Shit happens, especially with a busy arena (Mavs, Stars and other events).

There were three seven-game series in the first round last year -- Colorado/Seattle, New Jersey/New York R and Florida/Boston. All three of the winners' second-round series started two days later.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Boston played Game 7 on Saturday and will start their series tonight. Shit happens, especially with a busy arena (Mavs, Stars and other events).

There were three seven-game series in the first round last year -- Colorado/Seattle, New Jersey/New York R and Florida/Boston. All three of the winners' second-round series started two days later.

At least they get a scheduled extra day before game 6.   Our series plays straight through.   It is what it is but certainly not ideal.  There really is no doubt we would have started Weds with Vancouver/Edmonton (both already rested) starting Tues but for this spare concert.  I'm sure TV partners not happy about having to split the DFW market between Mavs and Stars either.  

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I’m just glad Matt Stone can go back and resume his convalescence and regain his health.

*Mark. Matt Stone badly draws cartoons

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

For the entire series, we outscored Vegas 5-0 with Tanev on the ice.

curb your enthusiasm GIF

yes, but what was his +/-?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

And the Musers had the absurd stat this morning that the head coaches of the Dallas teams in sports that have seen-game playoff series are now a collective 16-0 in Games 7.

Jason Kidd is 2-0.

Bruce Bochy is 6-0.

Pete DeBoer is 8-0.

That's incredible.  I can't imagine any other city having anything similar in the history of ever.

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And the Musers had the absurd stat this morning that the head coaches of the Dallas teams in sports that have seen-game playoff series are now a collective 16-0 in Games 7.

Jason Kidd is 2-0.

Bruce Bochy is 6-0.

Pete DeBoer is 8-0.

That's incredible.  I can't imagine any other city having anything similar in the history of ever.

This needs to be posted in the Hate thread.