Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Oh really, you speak for all of us?  

Perhaps, you should have said "some" of our fans would have hated being in the PAC 12.  

Some of us fans, me included, would much rather travel to away games in Tucson, LA, the Bay Area, Seattle, and Oregon, as opposed to Starkville, Gainsville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Oxford, and Fayetteville.  But hey, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.  

SEC is far superior and we’re more culturally tied there. Some places, like huge swaths of this Board, are more tied to Berkeley. But more are tied to the South, and superseding that is our desire to play with and be with the best. That’s never was in the PAC 12. 

LA would be cool, Bay Area / Arizona would be cool only for golf, and Seattle would be an experience. Hard pass on Pullman, Corvallis, Eugene, Utah and going to Folsom/Stanford/Cal only to see the stands in their bullshit stadiums dominated by burnt orange. PAC 12 doesn’t care about football. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Translation:

image.thumb.png.7ae250fa4a001b8de452bf20aab7d984.png

I don’t know how to respond to that. A part of our collective, unfortunate past. We can’t deny our similarities, in particular other large universities and larger southern cities and passion for football. 

27 minutes ago, Smax said:

LOL

And high on the list of fat women too. Per capita top 3 are NYC, LA and Dallas. Much higher percentage of Dallas’s are homegrown. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

7 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Icono and The Deacon don't mind it all. 

Some of us actually like being part of the South and don’t reflexively hate Southern heritage. We’re Texans first and foremost and we acknowledge that we have a lot in common with our neighboring states.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

I don’t know how to respond to that. A part of our collective, unfortunate past. We can’t deny our similarities, in particular other large universities and larger southern cities and passion for football. 

And high on the list of fat women too. Per capita top 3 are NYC, LA and Dallas. Much higher percentage of Dallas’s are homegrown. 

if you're into fake I guess but I'm a hard pass on the fake blond fake tits fake lips fake tan fake people aka as most woman of Dallas, wannabe mini LA. 

14 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

A part of our collective, unfortunate past

Not everyone wants it to stay in the past

you sticking with the story that you were in a UT frat 28 years ago and weren’t made to sing racist songs as a pledge?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Not everyone wants it to stay in the past

you sticking with the story that you were in a UT frat 28 years ago and weren’t made to sing racist songs as a pledge?

Not everyone is SO ashamed of it, desperately wanting to be something we’re not. And just because I know this will elicit some CR responses, I’m ashamed of Confederacy, but in no way ashamed of how Texas has overcome it and become much better. 

No, for the third fucking time, I wasn’t made to sing racist songs. How many times are you going to ask this question?

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Some of us actually like being part of the South and don’t reflexively hate Southern heritage. We’re Texans first and foremost and we acknowledge that we have a lot in common with our neighboring states.

Some people on this board who are the first ones to call others racist delude themselves into thinking they aren't racist really are.  They prefer more lily white states like the Pac 12 footprint. These same folks love segregated but progressive Austin.  What do Oregon, Washington, and Utah have, about 4 black residents between them? 

I celebrate the diversity in Texas and the Southeastern Conference.  Some here clearly don't.  These are the type of people who would never sit down and break bread with a black person.

spacer.png

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Smax said:

if you're into fake I guess but I'm a hard pass on the fake blond fake tits fake lips fake tan fake people aka as most woman of Dallas, wannabe mini LA. 

I’m sorry the chick you met a bar in Addison that was originally from Oklahoma didn’t call you back. 

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

Not everyone is SO ashamed of it, desperately wanting to be something we’re not. And just because I know this will elicit some CR responses, I’m ashamed of Confederacy, but in no way ashamed of how Texas has overcome it and become much better. 

No, for the third fucking time, I wasn’t made to sing racist songs. How many times are you going to ask this question?

Well that’s the first time you have answered it directly so thanks for that. I have close friends from 5 of the major frats at UT. This was a little over 30 years ago and they all had to do so. So maybe a sea change happened in 4 years, or your frat was an outlier or lower tier 

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Well that’s the first time you have answered it directly so thanks for that. I have close friends from 5 of the major frats at UT. This was a little over 30 years ago and they all had to do so. So maybe a sea change happened in 4 years, or your frat was an outlier or lower tier 

No way you have 5 friends.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

for fucks sake start a frats are racist thread in the CR if you want to discuss this more

there's a conference realignment thread if you want to discuss that.

going to start handing out vacations for off topic shit

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

for fucks sake start a frats are racist thread in the CR if you want to discuss this more

there's a conference realignment thread if you want to discuss that.

going to start handing out vacations for off topic shit

6 pages of shitposts and this is what’s too much

image.gif.9b7ebce2231fc5aa1be35c5b7c3ed306.gif

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Yes, the massive overlay of culture, politics, and demography between New Mexico and Texas is just overwhelming.  Oh wait...

Pretty sure 250's post was a joke.

1. Tom Thumb stores are only still present in the DFW area.
  2. Those photos are four years old and were taken at construction sites during the height of the BLM protests.
  3. They were part of a social media hoax, saying that bricks were being staged for protesters to use as weapons.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Tom Thumb and Randalls are just part of the Safeway family.

Tom Thumb - DFW

Randalls - Austin and Houston

I can't speak for Tom Thumb anymore, but Randall's has to be the worst grocery store in Austin...if HEB were closed for some reason I would choose Fiesta 10/10 times.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I can't speak for Tom Thumb anymore, but Randall's has to be the worst grocery store in Austin...if HEB were closed for some reason I would choose Fiesta 10/10 times.

Randall’s was a good high end grocery then Safeway purchased it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Vassar protesters removed their tents after the college agreed to review its investments.

Pro-Palestinian protesters dismantled their encampment at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., on Saturday after reaching an agreement with the institution that requires administrators to review a divestment proposal.

Student demonstrators pitched dozens of tents on Vassar’s campus, starting on Tuesday. The liberal arts college is a bastion of progressive ideas with a long history of student protest, and Vassar’s president said in a statement this week that she hoped to resolve the current disagreement with pro-Palestinian demonstrators peacefully.

In the agreement reached on Saturday, Vassar officials agreed to review a proposal to divest funds from “defense-related investments, such as militarized surveillance and arms production,”  and to support student fund-raising efforts in support of refugees, according to a statement by the president, Elizabeth H. Bradley.

The divestment language did not mention Israel or the war in the Gaza Strip, as the protesters had in their demands.

But Ms. Bradley said administrators had also agreed to “recruit and support Palestinian students and scholars-at-risk, who have lost educational and professional opportunities” since Oct. 7, a reference to the attacks in Israel by Hamas and its allies that prompted Israel’s war in Gaza.

“With these commitments, the college will work to improve our understanding, dialogue about, and educational programming concerning peace and conflict, with focus on Gaza and the Middle East,” she said.

The Vassar agreement is one of several in which student protesters have agreed to clear camps in exchange for commitments to discuss institutional investment policies around Israel. Students for Justice in Palestine at Vassar, the group that organized the encampment and negotiated with administrators, said in a statement on social media that it did not feel like a victory.

“We are not happy about the concessions we’ve made, but our work is not done,” the group said in the statement, adding that the administration had not agreed to all of the demands laid out by protesters when they launched the encampment. Those demands included calls for the Vassar administration to release a public statement calling for “an immediate end to Israel’s siege on Gaza and an end to U.S. aid for Israel,” and to completely boycott Israeli academic institutions, including Vassar-sponsored study abroad programs in Israel.

“At this time, we believe this is the most strategic decision we can make in order to further our efforts for divestment and Palestinian liberation,” the students said of the agreement.

They said they would donate the roughly $7,000 they had raised since launching their encampment to families in Gaza, and redistribute any donated supplies to people and organizations in Poughkeepsie.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Boss move would be to review the investments and then purchase 7k more worth of Lockheed. 

The whole divest movement is just a transparent attempt to justify a temper tantrum, the vast majority of these schools just own some index funds.  The IDF is in no way dependent on American university investors. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Boss move would be to review the investments and then purchase 7k more worth of Lockheed. 

The whole divest movement is just a transparent attempt to justify a temper tantrum, the vast majority of these schools just own some index funds.  The IDF is in no way dependent on American university investors. 

Right, but here's the deal: It looks like those universities that are willing to sit down and actually talk to the students are the ones where you're seeing protests fizzle. Maybe open the books and explain to the kids how their investments operate. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, bolverk said:

They said they would donate the roughly $7,000 they had raised since launching their encampment

$7k?!

The dudes who surrounded the American flag got like $500k in a day.

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Right, but here's the deal: It looks like those universities that are willing to sit down and actually talk to the students are the ones where you're seeing protests fizzle. Maybe open the books and explain to the kids how their investments operate. 

Not true.   Ones where they laid out consequences and acted on them are open and doing great.  Ones that continue to appease….not free speech but a desire to disrupt others, are still living with the shit show they encourage.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Not true.   Ones where they laid out consequences and acted on them are open and doing great.  Ones that continue to appease….not free speech but a desire to disrupt others, are still living with the shit show they encourage.

More protests are planned at UT today.

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences.  If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

While I agree I bet the students at some point will be allowed to take makeup finals. If they are seniors they will be gone after that. For the others I wonder if they will be allowed back to complete their degrees

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread