Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Isn’t that true for most threads here :)

Yeah, this.  It's weird that after centuries of tension and 75 years of force posturing and 15 years of internet ballyhoo and 15 weeks of this latest round of protests that people are thinking, "Hey, it seems like tempers are flaring on some keyboards."  

Let me try to sum it up (briefly for once, Lobo).  I am pro-Israel.  Probably always will be due to my partial Jewish heritage.  Any war crimes against Palestinians by IDF should be met with harsh and swift punishment.  Hamas is still instigating and co-opting innocent people for their own gains.  Gaza included, I have watched a dozen peace solutions get offered up by people far more in the know than all of us put together, only to see them shit on.  Students should able to peacefully protest on any campus in accordance with that campus' rules and regulations.  Believe it or not young people, the internet doesn't set your college's administrative policies regarding political assembly.  But I want you to be safe to do it, within the boundaries set by your campus.  No police brutality or intimidation.  Again, still more on the side of Israel here.  But also do yourselves a favor and read a fucking book or atlas and know the fuck you're even talking about whilst ditching class.  Last thing---I'll make you a compromise.  I'll advocate harder for you to speak your peace on campuses around Texas if you stop with these moronic demands from college administrators that have nothing to do with defense contractor investments.  You're like the fucking 8th grader running for student body president, "And I will demand free vending machines and no more math class!"  That's not a fucking thing.  But in many cases, you are being denied some of your free rights to speak out.  And when they are restored, make them informed and make them count.  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

image.gif.881a03f3b45df0bb9ac33c1dc7456851.gif

I watched that whole video. What was his point other than directing anyone he influenced to vote for Trump?  It was meandering nonsense. It would’ve been a sickening video if it weren’t so pathetic. 

Hagee is the worst.  He’s an absolute schill for Israel and actually doesn’t know squat about the Bible.  I guess enough dumb normies fill up his church and get their ears tickled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sealtm6 said:

Hagee is embarrassing.  He doesn’t understand the biblical hermeneutic on what modern day Israel is (it’s actually the Christian church).  Hagee is no more than a handler for Masaad.  Fat, sloppy guy.

The pernicious influence of the Scofield Bible in the Evangelical denominations influencing support for the State of Israel counts as the biggest, most successful heresy in the modern Church. Like Hagee, Scofield was a conman under the thumb of Zionists.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

So the argument has shifted from Prong sowing disinformation or his tweet sowing disinformation to some video clips in the past decade have sowed disinformation. Got it. 

Well no. I’m speaking to the suggestion of “raw video” from twitter not being useful for disinformation as laughable. Regardless of which side is posting it. 

16 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Surlyhorns, our opinions matter and change the world!  😂 

image.gif.741944642bff0487380a68495a259250.gif

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Well no. I’m speaking to the suggestion of “raw video” from twitter not being useful for disinformation as laughable. Regardless of which side is posting it. 

It’s only a useful disinformation tool with context. If there’s a caption that states people were carrying ISIS flags, it’s the text written by the disseminator that is the disinformation. 

When Prong was posting videos that didn’t contain disinfo, but getting roughed up for the messengers, that was bullshit. The videos he was posting, by and large, were not disinfo instruments. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Do it or move it to CR. 

No way man.  Other than the message board cripple fight amongst a few misguided folks, the content is pure gold, Jerry!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is not a politician or a leader or anyone with something to do with Israel. He’s a Michigan U. regent. 

image.thumb.png.1d75adc0bd43410e8c663df51c201c0b.png

Don't regents help guide investment decisions?

I agree it's creepy as hell to do it in the middle of the night, but the person left the note on the front door and apparently didn't disturb anything or wake anyone. People leave flyers on my front door all the time.

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is not a politician or a leader or anyone with something to do with Israel. He’s a Michigan U. regent. 

image.thumb.png.1d75adc0bd43410e8c663df51c201c0b.png

Imagine a masked person showing up at your door step at 4:40 AM. My first thought would be "oh shit, something is about to go down."

But instead of committing a home invasion the masked intruder stands in front of you and says, "sir, I have a list of demands. We ask that you defund the police, free 9 members of Asian Dawn from their captors in Sri Lanka, and bring back Saturday morning cartoons."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Don't regents help guide investment decisions?

I agree it's creepy as hell to do it in the middle of the night, but the person left the note on the front door and apparently didn't disturb anything or wake anyone. People leave flyers on my front door all the time.

That dudes tweet did come off like a Karen post on Nextdoor. "My children were asleep and this intruder left a letter on my door thinking he is Martin Luther with his Ninety Five Theses and shit."

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, F250 said:

That dudes tweet did come off like a Karen post on Nextdoor. "My children were asleep and this intruder left a letter on my door thinking he is Martin Luther with his Ninety Five Theses and shit."

Again, I understand being creeped out by it. In a way, what makes it seem worse is that the masked petitioner was caught on his Ring camera. That just makes it look bad and more nefarious.

But, like I said, people have left shit about Chinese restaurants, offers to buy my house, lawn care services, and all kinds of shit at my front door. And, yes, sometimes I'll find that kind of stuff when I leave for work in the morning, so they leave the solicitations in the evenings or overnight.

All of that said, it's a stupid and futile gesture, just like all the solicitors who leave their propaganda behind because I make a point of NOT doing business with people who leave shit on my front door.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Imagine a masked person showing up at your door step at 4:40 AM. My first thought would be "oh shit, something is about to go down."

My first thought would be "that person is about to have sex whether they want to or not."

Kobe Bryant Yes GIF

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Is this not just a book written by a journalist/historian about how Hamas came about? Not everything about a topic is propaganda.

The book having two reasonably attractive young people on the cover isn't by design at all I'm sure.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Is this not just a book written by a journalist/historian about how Hamas came about? Not everything about a topic is propaganda.

Pronghorn is not here to inform the board about current events involving protests or protesters. In fact, he's admitted as much that his primary reason for posting in this thread is to spread propaganda.

The first edition of this book came out over 10 years ago, and it's only "news" because this is an update that includes the Hamas attack last fall.

So, not only is it NOT pro-Hamas; it has nothing to do with any protests. He's just a shitposting troll intentionally spreading misinformation.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

The book having two reasonably attractive young people on the cover isn't by design at all I'm sure.  

Sorry you think those kids are hot I guess?

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Pronghorn is not here to inform the board about current events involving protests or protesters. In fact, he's admitted as much that his primary reason for posting in this thread is to spread propaganda.

The first edition of this book came out over 10 years ago, and it's only "news" because this is an update that includes the Hamas attack last fall.

So, not only is it NOT pro-Hamas; it has nothing to do with any protests. He's just a shitposting troll intentionally spreading misinformation.

Of course it's current.  It's in a high school library and a lot of people are wondering where the kids at these colleges get their inspiration.  

Care to quote where I said this?

In fact, he's admitted as much that his primary reason for posting in this thread is to spread propaganda.

20 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Are they suppose to be hideous?

You are such a weirdo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Are they suppose to be hideous?

You are such a weirdo.

Its just marketing.  They purposely choose attractive people to make it more appealing.  It’s not rocket science, just business.  

39 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Hamas is known for blue eyed gals dude. Cmon. 

35 minutes ago, bolverk said:
54 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

He is PRECISELY informing the board of current events. You just don’t like that these protestors are batshit crazy. 

2 hours ago, F250 said:

I’’d have tweeted simply that some masked idiot came by my door at 4 am and this is not okay. On what fucking planet do you live where it is acceptable that a student (I guess) that is misguided as fuck comes to a regent’s home?  Fucking looney tunes man 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’’d have tweeted simply that some masked idiot came by my door at 4 am and this is not okay. On what fucking planet do you live where it is acceptable that a student (I guess) that is misguided as fuck comes to a regent’s home?  Fucking looney tunes man 

Never said it was acceptable but that dude did act like a bitch.

Finds note on door asking for stupid shit, checks Ring camera and sees note leaver taking a picture to certify delivery and cries home invasion on social media.

Personally, I grew up and live a sheltered life but if you find this scary you are a class A pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, F250 said:

Never said it was acceptable but that dude did act like a bitch.

Finds note on door asking for stupid shit, checks Ring camera and sees note leaver taking a picture to certify delivery and cries home invasion on social media.

Personally, I grew up and live a sheltered life but if you find this scary you are a class A pussy.

Agreed. Also would agree anyone harassing someone at home at 0400 deserves whatever may come of it. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

They could have chose some of the protesters.  You have that one crying chick with the eyes and then a bunch of purple hair trolls.  

Well, the book was published before the protests.

Gotta work with what you have at the moment.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Agreed. Also would agree anyone harassing someone at home at 0400 deserves whatever may come of it. 

I don't disagree.

Posted (edited)

Everyone defending dumbasses on both sides of this are pushing a motive against the other side….   There’s no justification for either’s dumbass behavior.  And yes a few of y’all have done it for either side.    Who would have thought 20 years ago this country was working way more together vs today.  Everyone thought it was bad then, they had no clue what was coming.  I’m sorry is that considered political?  This whole thread is….  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Everyone defending dumbasses on both sides of this are pushing a motive against the other side….   There’s no justification for either’s dumbass behavior.  And yes a few of y’all have done it for either side.    Who would have thought 20 years ago this country was working way more together vs today.  Everyone thought it was bad then, they had no clue what was coming.  I’m sorry is that considered political?  This whole thread is….  

This is a good post.  2004 was so long ago.

bush.gif

C7X3T4.gif

the Words Are Mean posse characterizing the universities’ coddling of them as “Violent Rhetoric”.

is it any surprise the people with this type of perspective would reflexively consider everything a transgression and call everyone a nazi or fascist.

these people were simply not bullied as much as they should have been. 

IMG_6343.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Thirty people come to chant and yell at another regent’s house at 0545, set up tents, leave behind body bags.

”No different than the guy who leaves a Chinese menu or offers to clean my gutters.” 

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Students running the encampment on the Diag at the University of Michigan took credit for showing up in the early morning hours at the homes of two university regents.

In a video posted to X/Twitter, the students are seen in a group of about 30 chanting and yelling around 5:45 a.m. on Wednesday (May 15) and putting tents on her lawn, red spray-painted sheets, and stuffed animals.

Regents are fair game now, of course. They manage investments and so none of them get to live at home quietly. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Such a garbage take and you know it. There is a world of difference between someone with a job leaving behind a flyer, on each house of the block and an angry person in a mask showing up specifically to an individual’s house to target them over politics. It’s harassment and intimidation tactics and making a “we know where you live” point.

Fucking this.  That anyone could even attempt to defend this has a broken, partisan brain.  

• Hook 'Em 8

8 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Its just marketing.  They purposely choose attractive people to make it more appealing.  It’s not rocket science, just business.  

See WNBA game promos during NBA playoffs as example of this

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Hamas is known for blue eyed gals dude. Cmon. 

He is PRECISELY informing the board of current events. You just don’t like that these protestors are batshit crazy. 

I’d ask him to stay and call the police and have him arrested for trespassing and disturbing the peace and then get him kicked out of school. I’m sure there is something in the code of conduct about harassing and threatening teachers and administrators.

Posted (edited)

It wasn't (nor was the regent claiming) a home invasion.  It wasn't really trespassing either.  It was a thinly veiled threat as stated that we know where you live.  This is the scene in the movie when the mobsters come into the store and tell the owner "nice place, be a shame if something happened to it"

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It wasn't (nor was the regent claiming) a home invasion.  It wasn't really trespassing either.  It was a thinly veiled threat as stated that we know where you live.  This is the scene in the movie when the mobsters come into the store and tell the owner "nice place, be a shame if something happened to it"

There was a gaming shop that sold drugs and alcohol to the homeless that attracted them to my area of business. So every morning I would have to clean up after them and hope they didn’t try to break in and either call police or EMS to remove the unresponsive ones. I can tell you that it is trespassing as I was asked to make a report each time. The first time they can get off. The second time not so much. That requires the city to drop the charges.

22 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

If the university says “youre not allowed to camp on the campus lawn” its violent rhetoric”. If you trample on the lawn of the facultys private residence at 4am its just an expression of justice.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

This isn’t a both sides deal. This is nutjob losers on one side doing inappropriate shit and sometimes illegal shit. They are ugly nerds that should be ridiculed, kicked out of school when warranted, and never find gainful employment by any respectable outfit.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Fucking this.  That anyone could even attempt to defend this has a broken, partisan brain.  

Yes. But bolverk, whose posting history in this thread has been atrocious, and F250 are going to great lengths to dismiss the severity of the guy’s actions. 

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I’d ask him to stay and call the police and have him arrested for trespassing and disturbing the peace and then get him kicked out of school. I’m sure there is something in the code of conduct about harassing and threatening teachers and administrators.

Absolutely. 

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It was fucking trespassing dude. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy shit, just catching up on the Masked Intruder and his SCARY THREATENING NOTE that was exactly like one of those subtle mafioso threats you see in the movies and is probably exactly how real life college aged protesters work. 

Anyway, a big thanks to all you paranoid dorks for the lulz this morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Holy shit, just catching up on the Masked Intruder and his SCARY THREATENING NOTE that was exactly like one of those subtle mafioso threats you see in the movies and is probably exactly how real life college aged protesters work. 

It's one of those funny contradictions where the protesters are simultaneously weak and feeble, but also a dangerous threat

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Dismissive partisan twat.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

It's one of those funny contradictions where the protesters are simultaneously weak and feeble, but also a dangerous threat

Exactly like Palestinian leadership and operatives. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I mean, let's be real, this weirdo showing up at someone's house at 4AM, harming no one and leaving a note is just proof positive that no one is safe from Hamas. This is like Oct. 7 all over again!!!!!!!

You people are herpes. 

• Hook 'Em 3