Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's one of those funny contradictions where the protesters are simultaneously weak and feeble, but also a dangerous threat

ITS JUST LIKE THE GODFATHER OR MAYBE MY COUSIN VINNY!!!

• Haha 1

My brother was purchasing a company and a shareholder took a picture of his house and family and emailed it to him.

A friend’s dad was an oil executive living in London. The whole family was taught how to detect a bomb attached to the mailbox. Apparently it was a thing in the UK. They were never attacked but the entire time they were there they had to remain vigilant.

A fraternity brother’s dad was an executive of Coke in Mexico. He was kidnapped by the cartel and found cut up into pieces in the trunk of his car.

Which of these events would y’all consider a threat? Which would you laugh off and which would you take seriously?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sounds like we should round up all of these protestors that are male and of military age!

Sounds like you need to fuck off back to CR with the rest of the Texas Friends of Hamas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You're so sensitive. Have you tried therapy?

I’m not sensitive. I’m just dealing with an inferior entity. Run along and don’t forget to give bolverk a reach around. He’s earned it. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I can tell you if my wife saw Ring video from our front doorstep of some masked person dropping off a note in the wee hours of the morning, she'd freak the fuck out and wouldn't feel at all safe for quite some time.

It doesn't matter one bit what some internet message board dorks think about the level of severity of that threat, it only matters what the people inside that house feel about it.

Like I said last night, actually seeing him on camera makes it worse. But essentially, he wasn't doing anything wrong by dropping off his weighty tome. This would be a non-story without the Ring snapshot.

Now, protesting loudly at that hour, waking up the whole family and all the neighbors, vandalism, and/or violent threats would all indeed be bullshit.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Don't you think this is just projection?

Yeah probably. I feel an outspoken Hamas sympathizer is superior to me, and am gay for  a goalpost-moving, narrative-stretching bleeding heart twink. You got me!

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

But essentially, he wasn't doing anything wrong by dropping off his weighty tome. This would be a non-story without the Ring snapshot.

I hope you don’t have children you absolute moron. 

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

You people are herpes. 

33 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I hope you don’t have children you absolute moron. 

Those people tend not to have children. 

#1. bad for the environment

#2. requires finding a mate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Everyone defending dumbasses on both sides of this are pushing a motive against the other side….   There’s no justification for either’s dumbass behavior.  And yes a few of y’all have done it for either side.    Who would have thought 20 years ago this country was working way more together vs today.  Everyone thought it was bad then, they had no clue what was coming.  I’m sorry is that considered political?  This whole thread is….  

Twenty years ago, our country was invading a country based on a lie, conducting torture on prisoners, labeling war dissenters anti-American, and calling French fries "freedom fries."

Today, kids are unhappy about a foreign war, protesting our material support for one of the belligerent parties, and asking that the other be allowed the inalienable right of self-determination.

In that respect (Middle East bullshit), 20 years ago was far more self-destructive to our nation. Granted, the domestic shit we're facing right now is a different story as are the threats in Eastern Europe and East Asia.

12 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Its just marketing.  They purposely choose attractive people to make it more appealing.  It’s not rocket science, just business.  

You're starting to give off an "I own several books by Jock Sturges", kinda vibe.  You might want to back it up a bit.

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I can tell you if my wife saw Ring video from our front doorstep of some masked person dropping off a note in the wee hours of the morning, she'd freak the fuck out and wouldn't feel at all safe for quite some time.

It doesn't matter one bit what some internet message board dorks think about the level of severity of that threat, it only matters what the people inside that house feel about it.

It's pretty fucking embarrassing that the Cloak Room regulars are trying to fucking justify or play down this type of idiocy.  It's beyond unacceptable.   I'm sure they would have the exact same "no big deal" opinion if it were MAGA idiots showing up harassing D appointed judges or similar.

• Hook 'Em 7

43 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Twenty years ago, our country was invading a country based on a lie, conducting torture on prisoners, labeling war dissenters anti-American, and calling French fries "freedom fries."

Today, kids are unhappy about a foreign war, protesting our material support for one of the belligerent parties, and asking that the other be allowed the inalienable right of self-determination.

In that respect (Middle East bullshit), 20 years ago was far more self-destructive to our nation. Granted, the domestic shit we're facing right now is a different story as are the threats in Eastern Europe and East Asia.

If you ask Iraqi’s they are probably still pretty happy we did it….  Especially the ones living here now that I know.  🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

If you ask Iraqi’s they are probably still pretty happy we did it….  Especially the ones living here now that I know.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, the millions who died or were forced to flee the country probably aren't going to be available to answer any questions. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I mean, let's be real, this weirdo showing up at someone's house at 4AM, harming no one and leaving a note is just proof positive that no one is safe from Hamas. This is like Oct. 7 all over again!!!!!!!

If he was a hot frat stud it’d be cool

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Doesn't really matter what they think, TBH, it wasn't our place to invade another country that did nothing to us.

It cost us a lot in terms of the service members who died, or were injured, the wasted tax dollars and our standing in the world.  

What exactly did we gain?

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Well, the millions who died or were forced to flee the country probably aren't going to be available to answer any questions. 

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

72% of Iraqi’s main concern was safety in 2003, now it’s 20%.   Relationships between tribes and religious sects was viewed as over 70% negative then now is at 30%.  We can debate reasons all day but a lot of Iraqi’s like their life post Saddam vs pre.  

13 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It's pretty fucking embarrassing that the Cloak Room regulars are trying to fucking justify or play down this type of idiocy.  It's beyond unacceptable.   I'm sure they would have the exact same "no big deal" opinion if it were MAGA idiots showing up harassing D appointed judges or similar.

Absolutely. It defies logic. Blatantly hypocritical and those CR lefties that disagree with them, who are probably great in number, are silent on this. 

The silence from some verbose, bombastic CR regulars is deafening. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Doesn't really matter what they think, TBH, it wasn't our place to invade another country that did nothing to us.

It cost us a lot in terms of the service members who died, or were injured, the wasted tax dollars and our standing in the world.  

What exactly did we gain?

True, like I said you can debate that all day but overall they are happier.  Also 72% of Americans were for the invasion before it started with risk of servicemen’s lives included in the poll.  It’s easy to look back and play Monday morning qb.  Your’e very correct in that we didn’t gain much.  

17 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You shouldn't show up to someone's house like that, especially at 4AM, it's just goofy to try and characterize it as a home invasion. That skinny mfer ain't invading anybody's home.

It's idiotic, juvenile behavior designed to intimidate.  Why not drop of your "demands" to the regents office?  Why are you wearing a full head covering to obscure your face, probably assuming they have a door camera?  Why do it in the middle of the night vs earlier, or during the day?  If it HAS to be his house, why not a sealed envelope in the mailbox?

This was designed to elicit and emotional response from the recipient.  "We know where you live".  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

True, like I said you can debate that all day but overall they are happier.  Also 72% of Americans were for the invasion before it started with risk of servicemen’s lives included in the poll.  It’s easy to look back and play Monday morning qb.  Your’e very correct in that we didn’t gain much.  

It's not Monday morning QB...I was against the Iraq invasion and against the Afghan invasion.  

Also, how much of that polling was due to people being lied to about Iraq's nuclear capabilities?

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

72% of Iraqi’s main concern was safety in 2003, now it’s 20%.   Relationships between tribes and religious sects was viewed as over 70% negative then now is at 30%.  We can debate reasons all day but a lot of Iraqi’s like their life post Saddam vs pre.  

Also, can you share these polls?  I found this one, but it doesn't seem to match.

Iraqis Look Back: Is Life Better Today? (gallup.com)

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Well that’s not AT ALL what that video depicted. Ethnic cleansing?  You really are something. 

Direct quote from the speaker:

"The solution is what the Torah tells us: It's to liberate, to settle, and to expel."

That is the literal definition of ethnic cleansing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

We’re not in CR and 956 isn’t your typical CR poster. Even he, though, is extremely careful in CR. 

I read CR, and have read many 956 posts there. His posts benefit the board.

Not sure of the distinction you are making, I guess. Would it help if I said that I would feel threatened by folks at my door in the early morning?

As I have posted, this happened, when a neighboring couple brought their marital spat through my front door around 1AM, and I threw the husband out of my house, while the ladies in my family tended the wife. No guns were used.

11 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I read CR, and have read many 956 posts there. His posts benefit the board.

Not sure of the distinction you are making, I guess. Would it help if I said that I would feel threatened by folks at my door in the early morning?

As I have posted, this happened, when a neighboring couple brought their marital spat through my front door around 1AM, and I threw the husband out of my house, while the ladies in my family tended the wife. No guns were used.

Yes it helps. It’d also help if you admonished idiotic takes like those of bolverk, Fantana, F250, and Hank Hill, instead of remaining silent because you otherwise agree with them. 

And no, what occurred to you is not apples to apples. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Looks exactly like what I said, pic is from the poll you posted. They feel safer by far but have bad memories of war, duh.  Life overall is better now though.  

IMG_6259.png

I don't think people being more afraid to walk outside at night during the middle of a war (when most of the fighting happened) is really what you were talking about. 

I'm looking for the 2003 poll numbers you cited.

Plus, since the increase in safety happened around 2011, when the US left, you could make the argument that they were afraid of the US troops.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm just going to point out one time that you do not have to bother arguing with the guy in 2024 who just casually dismissed the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians (at a minimum) and the forced displacement of millions more in order to argue that the Iraq war was good, actually.

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Gen Z don't know what physical mailboxes are.

I know that you get the spend the night in jail in Terrytown if you bash a few from the sunroof of your car with a bat after practice.....two weeks before heading to college.  

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm just going to point out one time that you do not have to bother arguing with the guy in 2024 who just casually dismissed the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians (at a minimum) and the forced displacement of millions more in order to argue that the Iraq war was good, actually.

No one said it was good.  Just saying It’s not to be looked at as a black and white issue, it’s more complex.  The fact is many Iraqi’s think the country is better off now than when Saddam was in power.  Especially the Kurds.

Edited by Hook1997

Here's a story about Israeli whistleblowers and others protesting the mistreatment, abuse, and torture of the thousands of Palestinian detainees held without charge in Israeli prisons. 

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

No one said it was good.  Just saying It’s not to be looked at as a black and white issue, it’s more complex.  The fact is many Iraqi’s think the country is better off now than when Saddam was in power.  

This may be true, but your originally stated sources were Iraqi ex-pats living in the US.  Of course it's better for them.

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

No one said it was good.  Just saying It’s not to be looked at as a black and white issue, it’s more complex.  The fact is many Iraqi’s think the country is better off now than when Saddam was in power.  Especially the Kurds.

There are people who think the Holocaust was good. That doesn't make "was the Holocaust good?" a question that requires a complex answer.