2024 Big 12 Tournament

chase25

5 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Why send Borba up to bunt?

I have no fucking idea.   Let's put aside that you're putting in a guy with power and not letting him swing the stick, how about if you are dead set on bunting leave Porter in, who has a bunt hit.  Hell it looked like the only thing Porter could do was bunt.

And then if it happened to go to extras, you've already burned Borba.  And at the back of the lineup too, just let the big guy swing the bat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, AbeFroman said:

I have no fucking idea.   Let's put aside that you're putting in a guy with power and not letting him swing the stick, how about if you are dead set on bunting leave Porter in, who has a bunt hit.  Hell it looked like the only thing Porter could do was bunt.

And then if it happened to go to extras, you've already burned Borba.  And at the back of the lineup too, just let the big guy swing the bat.

He had already taken Porter out for Dee. Which didn’t make sense either

That game pissed me off. Horrible defense, non-competitive ABs, best hitters dominated by Midwest commuter scrubs, but still in it in the 9th. Then Pierce blows off his foot with a mortar.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

Fucking spot on. That was insane even if you’re pro bunting in that situation. 
There’s no reason to pinch hit there if you’re going to bunt. That doesn’t make sense. Don’t waste your best bench bat on a bunt.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say you've been missing it, Bob.  I think we still stay a #2 but are about to get turbo-fucked on geography.  And not like in that fun Slate in Dazed & Confused way, "Hey, I know you...we had Geography together!"