CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

I was looking forward to Littrell at KSU because it would be a good comparison for the fake Tech fans that will cry if they do not like how Wells does there would be the head to head match up with Littrell and possibly GH for them to beat off over and either get excited or really let down and cry that Littrell was not hired or cry when he loses to Wells

also was looking forward to north Texas state losing a coach

I am not sure how Littrell would have done at either program (I think he would have done poorly at Tech) and I think he would have done OK at KSU,  except appearently they are looking to start losing more and wanted a hand cuffed coach and Littrell probably would have done poorly with that....I am not sold on the idea that he will do better next year tha this year at north Texas state either he might be wishing he had taken that KSU job in a year or two

I can easily see them going 1-3 in the OOC with SMU @ SMU and Dykes probably having things improving for them and they are not going to sneak up on UH or Cal and both those programs are better than Arkansas was and will be ready that leaves Abilene Christian as the only sure win

this New Mexico Bowl against a Utah State team minus 7+ coaches and with it clear Littrell would have left will tell a lot about what control he has of the program....a loss or a very close last minute win will be a long off season

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Littrell not going to Purple Kansas is a dodged bullet for him.  It's extremely difficult to win there and if he wants a big time job after that, K-State is not a good stepping stone.  They also seem more interesting in placating Snyder.

He'll have other spots next year at much better stepping stone programs.

Do we know if it's still extremely difficult to win there? I mean, it was extremely difficult until Snyder showed up. 30 years is a long time. 

42 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I was looking forward to Littrell at KSU because it would be a good comparison for the fake Tech fans that will cry if they do not like how Wells does there would be the head to head match up with Littrell and possibly GH for them to beat off over and either get excited or really let down and cry that Littrell was not hired or cry when he loses to Wells

also was looking forward to north Texas state losing a coach

I am not sure how Littrell would have done at either program (I think he would have done poorly at Tech) and I think he would have done OK at KSU,  except appearently they are looking to start losing more and wanted a hand cuffed coach and Littrell probably would have done poorly with that....I am not sold on the idea that he will do better next year tha this year at north Texas state either he might be wishing he had taken that KSU job in a year or two

I can easily see them going 1-3 in the OOC with SMU @ SMU and Dykes probably having things improving for them and they are not going to sneak up on UH or Cal and both those programs are better than Arkansas was and will be ready that leaves Abilene Christian as the only sure win

this New Mexico Bowl against a Utah State team minus 7+ coaches and with it clear Littrell would have left will tell a lot about what control he has of the program....a loss or a very close last minute win will be a long off season

UNT has the top set of coaching salaries in CUSA (May be USB though after they just have their coach a raise), the offensive POY coming back as a senior QB and the top recruiting class in the conference. I’m pretty sure he can afford to wait one more year. The real test for UNT is if they can pay to keep him next year because after next year it looks to be a rebuild on the offensive side of the ball.  

I still think hes a perfect fit for okie state because he’s from there, probably not a top 20 program type of coach or recruiter, and fits their style.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do we know if it's still extremely difficult to win there? I mean, it was extremely difficult until Snyder showed up. 30 years is a long time. 

That dude that replaced Snyder after his first retirement stunk it up so bad that Snyder had to come back. 

Edited by FizzleFish

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:
Littrell not going to Purple Kansas is a dodged bullet for him.  It's extremely difficult to win there and if he wants a big time job after that, K-State is not a good stepping stone.  They also seem more interesting in placating Snyder.

This shit is feeling cultish. Almost joepa territory without the rape. Very weird and i wouldn't blame klieman for staying put since ndsu is the better program as they stand

Except he makes around $450k while KSU was paying Snyder 3.45M.  Just so people don't have to do maths, that's $3M more than he is making, nearly an 8x pay difference.  

Making close to 500k a year might be nice, but there's a lot of shitty jobs I would take for 3.5M

8 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

some of his coordinator hires are not living up to the hype

I actually like it but just my opinion.

I'm sure some will disagree but I believe he is approaching the UNC job with the right mindset. Clemson is going to be his modern day version of Florida State, and North Carolina ain't beating Clemson as long as Dabo is there. Graham will make the offense exciting to watch. Mack is going for the Leach under Tech approach where he wins 7-9 games a year but it is an exciting brand of football.

Only thing I wonder was how much was Littrell and how much was Harrell, I lean the former but we are about to find out

EDIT: Looks like Graham got cold feet

Edited by chase25

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I actually like it but just my opinion.

I'm sure some will disagree but I believe he is approaching the UNC job with the right mindset. Clemson is going to be his modern day version of Florida State, and North Carolina ain't beating Clemson as long as Dabo is there. Graham will make the offense exciting to watch. Mack is going for the Leach under Tech approach where he wins 7-9 games a year but it is an exciting brand of football.

Only thing I wonder was how much was Littrell and how much was Harrell, I lean the former but we are about to find out

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well, that should also help Mack to recruit the best offensive athletes in the state of Texas to at least give UNC a look...

Edit: That was a fast response by the Mean Green, must be paying #MeanGreen to keep Graham from a top flight ACC brand...

Edited by kopp0e

39 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

even mean green fans question how good he is and plenty were ready to see him be replaced or demoted to not calling plays

he has a lot left to prove and he will get his chance now

Yes, but just about every random fan base thinks their OC should not be calling plays or maybe even fired.

This is amazing. "You look like a white toast kind of guy"
"And this is key... already in a to-go cup"
Dude doesn't fuck around.

His presser tonight was awesome. I’m pumped. I mean I’ve been a GT fan pretty much all my life so I’m used to disappointment, but right now I’m pumped.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

His presser tonight was awesome. I’m pumped. I mean I’ve been a GT fan pretty much all my life so I’m used to disappointment, but right now I’m pumped.

That's awesome. Always had a soft spot for Tech. Dope school, dope colors, dope mascot and fuck UGA. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Geoff Collins seems like a great hire for The Ramblin Wreck....

Would be great to see Georgia Tech Win an ACC Championship again every now and then.  Forgot that the 1990 GaTech team won the National Championship ( UPI/Coaches poll).

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I love the guy, but... why?!?!!?  

He was hanging out at Texas State the last few weeks of the season, so there was a lot of speculation that he was coming back as the new coach (meh) or athletic director (literally anyone would be an improvement)... and D2???  

Geoff Collins seems like a great hire for The Ramblin Wreck....
Would be great to see Georgia Tech Win an ACC Championship again every now and then.  Forgot that the 1990 GaTech team won the National Championship ( UPI/Coaches poll).

My freshman year. I was all like “Dynasty!”

Not so much.

16 hours ago, Machinator said:

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Good for David..... he's a great guy!!

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I love the guy, but... why?!?!!?  

He was hanging out at Texas State the last few weeks of the season, so there was a lot of speculation that he was coming back as the new coach (meh) or athletic director (literally anyone would be an improvement)... and D2???  

11 hours ago, Goodman said:

I love the hire, Bailiff needs to be in CFB. He's great at developing men.

This all sounds good. Kinda follow East Texas State.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

imgur

Could it be due in part to the fact that the midwest is so cold in winter, and unless you are a historic blue blood, not many will clamor to pick KSU over an SEC or PAC school...

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Dumb dumb dumb

It's funny when local writers write puff pieces to build up the Program..  Check out who Utah State was rumored to be after besides Gary Andersen....

"SB Nation can confirm former Arizona and West Virginia head coach Rich Rodriguez, Maryland interim head coach Matt Canada, and former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich were among the names being considered for the job."

Edited by LTtxfan

So does KState end up hiring the NDSU guy as their new Head Coach??  Read a few articles..... KState fans are pissed about not getting Littrell and don't want the NDSU guy.

One other name in articles by sports blogs, being floated for KState Job is Mike Norvell...... Might be a long shot though.  Wonder if they will try to lure Bret Bielema away from New England Patiots??  Bielema once was DC at KState....

(Had this in FCS thread.... thought better posted here)

Edited by LTtxfan

8257312.png
Florida State has been in contact with several candidates to fill its vacancy at offensive coordinator following the departure of Walt Bell on Monday.

Names of LarryFedora and Kendal Briles have emerged in recent days. 

FSU was rumored to have had interest in both  Kliff Kingsbury, and Hugh Freeze but both have recently taken other coaching positions....

Edited by LTtxfan

49 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So does KState end up hiring the NDSU guy as their new Head Coach??  Read a few articles..... KState fans are pissed about not getting Littrell and don't want the NDSU guy.

One other name in articles by sports blogs, being floated for KState Job is Mike Norvell...... Might be a long shot though.  Wonder if they will try to lure Bret Bielema away from New England Patiots??  Bielema once was DC at KState....

(Had this in FCS thread.... thought better posted here)

KSU would be lucky to have NDSU's coach.

• Like 1