Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

Baylor reluctantly got rid of Briles. If Ohio State keeps Urban, then Baylor will have ethical scoreboard on them. How shitty does your school have to be for that to be the case?

Baylor’s football program deserved the death penalty, Ohio State just needs to fire the corch.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Baylor reluctantly got rid of Briles. If Ohio State keeps Urban, then Baylor will have ethical scoreboard on them. How shitty does your school have to be for that to be the case?

Not exactly apples to apples. I mean Meyer prob should be fired by next week but Baylor reluctantly fired Briles after covering for him and rapists for years and only did so after it was fire or have the university burned down by the ncaa. Ohio St. isn't quite in that same predicament and could prob even get away with just giving Urbs a 4 game suspension and the media would let it go after some moral high horsing. 

Anybody who honestly thinks that there's even the tiniest little infinitesimal chance that Urbie gets fired needs to learn two interrelated life lessons: "Follow the money" and "Money talks, an' bullshit walks." And how anybody gets past middle school without knowing these rules, well, fuckin' I give up.

Fuckabuncha principle, the only way they fire him is if keeping him demonstrably costs more money. "Money" being the operative word; follow it. Urbie fired? It ain't no way, guys.

47 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Anybody who honestly thinks that there's even the tiniest little infinitesimal chance that Urbie gets fired needs to learn two interrelated life lessons: "Follow the money" and "Money talks, an' bullshit walks." And how anybody gets past middle school without knowing these rules, well, fuckin' I give up.

Fuckabuncha principle, the only way they fire him is if keeping him demonstrably costs more money. "Money" being the operative word; follow it. Urbie fired? It ain't no way, guys.

I dunno, justice really is occasionally served. Granted, not usually in college athletics, but as a general principle.

1 hour ago, Jack Wilson said:

Dig a few pages back, your right in theory, but money may be exactly why Urbs is toast.

Ohio States biggest donor & the Columbus communities most prominent business leader is billionaire Les Wexner.  

Google search Wexner, donor & Columbus Coalition Against Family Violence.   Somebody will have to pull off one hell of a presentation to get Les Wexner to sign off on keeping Urbs & the AD.

One of Wexner’s cronies is on the investigative team as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Dig a few pages back, your right in theory, but money may be exactly why Urbs is toast.

Ohio States biggest donor & the Columbus communities most prominent business leader is billionaire Les Wexner.  

Google search Wexner, donor & Columbus Coalition Against Family Violence.   Somebody will have to pull off one hell of a presentation to get Les Wexner to sign off on keeping Urbs & the AD.

One of Wexner’s cronies is on the investigative team as well.

I hope you're right--tOSU is my "second" alma mater.... this whole situation nauseates me.  Gene Smith should've  been gone a long time ago, but Urban needs to be cut loose too.  Fuck the money.  It's not like tOSU's ADept will ever be hurting for cash--the program is a brand much much bigger than any one person.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:19 PM, williemackgarza said:

Just watched the zach smiths interview.
Dude is an arrogant fucking sociopath.
Reminded me of johnny football in his answers, mannerisms and excitement. The Im smarter than everyone in the room attitude.
Blamed all the shit on the exwife.
What a pos.

Said,it would be a crime to fire urban.
Reporter licked his ass letting him off the hook
Never asked about recents incidents.

This is the other thing... I am aghast that ESPN gave a national platform to a serial abuser so he could blame the victim.

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Kaffee: That is not what you said, you said he was being transferred because he was in grave danger.
Jessep: That's correct.
Kaffee: You said he was in danger, I said "grave danger?" You said "is there another kind?"--
Jessep: I recall what I said--
Kaffee: I can have the court reporter read back to you--
Jessep: I know what I said! I don't have to have it read back to me like I'm--!
Kaffee: Then why the two orders? Colonel?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, spit and tears said:

I hope you're right--tOSU is my "second" alma mater.... this whole situation nauseates me.  Gene Smith should've  been gone a long time ago, but Urban needs to be cut loose too.  Fuck the money.  It's not like tOSU's ADept will ever be hurting for cash--the program is a brand much much bigger than any one person.

Im always surprised when these alumni bases (PSU Baylor etc) go all pitchfork rally in support of the coaching staffs.  Should be the opposite if a group gets reckless and outs themselves above the program much less the institution.

My youngest is a jr & tOSU & he had dinner last week with my ex father in law/PSU alumni.   Crazy old bastard spent half the dinner defending JoePa.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d like to think we’d be selling lottery tickets like hot cakes to kick the shit outta Mack Brown if Ol’ Filthy McNastys shit didn’t thankfully go away.

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

We would sell lottery tickets like hot cakes to kick the shit outta Mack Brown for only winning 9 games or for scoring less than 40 on Kansas ... or, really, just for fun because he always such a whiny bitch about everything.  So, I’m not sure that’s the best comparison.

We dodged a massive bullet during the time most people hung on every word Mack said like it was gospel.

27 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You don't have to be an attorney to figure out that it was coordinated by Meyer after...

This is a curious change of strategy from earlier in the week, when Smith’s attorney, Brad Koffel, told The Washington Post: “Zach Smith wants to be as transparent and honest as possible, but it is not going to be done today through the media. It will only be after he and his ex-wife are sworn in to testify.”

2 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Im always surprised when these alumni bases (PSU Baylor etc) go all pitchfork rally in support of the coaching staffs.  Should be the opposite if a group gets reckless and outs themselves above the program much less the institution.

My youngest is a jr & tOSU & he had dinner last week with my ex father in law/PSU alumni.   Crazy old bastard spent half the dinner defending JoePa.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d like to think we’d be selling lottery tickets like hot cakes to kick the shit outta Mack Brown if Ol’ Filthy McNastys shit didn’t thankfully go away.

So your ex father-in-law is a member in good standing of the GodPaCult. For me, that alone makes it good he is the ex-FIL.

I don't know if they'll git rid of him or not, but I agree that they are going to fucking pull out every stop known to humankind to keep his ass.  Being caught in closet with only one little boy won't be enough - he's gonna have to tally three at least. 

You can tell that they are digging in for an all-out fortified defense.  They will have a minimum standard of 4 mass murder victims to pry him loose.

Can't say I'd be happy about it, but part of me relishes the season-long absolute skullfucking of that entire institution and its circle the wagons weak, lame, bullshit, pathetic response to try and pull the wedgie out of their asscrack and foist some bullshit fake dignity (that Law-yer-o-gram put out the other day is a hilarious if not fucked up head start.

But he survives (a la suspension or some shit), while Ohio State "takes the lead" and starts some bullshit high-profile battered womens' fund or something to cover their evil.  Any network that broadcasts that PSB bullshit deserves to get mass electrocuted.

10 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I don't know if they'll git rid of him or not, but I agree that they are going to fucking pull out every stop known to humankind to keep his ass.  Being caught in closet with only one little boy won't be enough - he's gonna have to tally three at least. 

You can tell that they are digging in for an all-out fortified defense.  They will have a minimum standard of 4 mass murder victims to pry him loose.

Can't say I'd be happy about it, but part of me relishes the season-long absolute skullfucking of that entire institution and its circle the wagons weak, lame, bullshit, pathetic response to try and pull the wedgie out of their asscrack and foist some bullshit fake dignity (that Law-yer-o-gram put out the other day is a hilarious if not fucked up head start.

But he survives (a la suspension or some shit), while Ohio State "takes the lead" and starts some bullshit high-profile battered womens' fund or something to cover their evil.  Any network that broadcasts that PSB bullshit deserves to get mass electrocuted.

You're the one who said it was going to rain that one time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does anyone else get the feeling that the investigative reporters are just waiting till Monday to drop more stuff to contridict Meyer, to get full value from the media cycle? 

It really does nothing to drop hit peices over the weekend and with Meyer releasing his statement so late on Friday, there was no value into poking holes into until Monday.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the investigative reporters are just waiting till Monday to drop more stuff to contridict Meyer, to get full value from the media cycle? 

It really does nothing to drop hit peices over the weekend and with Meyer releasing his statement so late on Friday, there was no value into poking holes into until Monday.

Nah..reporters are like paparazzi/crack feins. They want to be the first to publish a story.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I find it bothersome that these coaches seem to think their responsibility in physical or sexual abuse allegations is to simply report it under "proper" protocol" and then go on with life.  As if that absolves them of anything that happens in the future.  My boss thinks it OK, so that makes it ok. Nevermind that I promote core values with "treat women with respect" as one of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

McMurphy was obviously already doing that.  

He dropped the screenshot of the texts from Smith while Smith was on ESPN denying that he ever hit her.

Dude knows what he's doing.

McMurphy with a new Facebook post 30 minutes ago.  Nothing earth shattering.   But it’s new as it gets

Ohio State's investigation of Urban Meyer and what he knew about the 2015 domestic violence allegations of former wide receivers coach Zach Smith is expected to be completed in 14 days, the school announced late Sunday night.

What does this mean? It's very simple: Meyer is not going away. He's obviously fighting for his job and not willing at this point to accept a settlement from the university. On Friday, he released a statement via his own Twitter account, and not through the university's public relations department.

The newly convened, independent working group - formed by the university’s Board of Trustees to direct the investigation involving Meyer - met late last week, appointed a chair and engaged an investigative firm, the school said.

Former Ohio House Speaker Jo Ann Davidson will serve as chair of the working group, which includes former acting U.S. Deputy Attorney General Craig Morford, former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio Carter Stewart and current university trustees Alex Fischer, Janet Porter and Alex Shumate.

The group was formed to direct the work of the investigative team and be available to provide consultation and advice, and to assist with communication to the full board on the matter.

Decisions about actions, based on the findings of the investigation, will be made by the president of the university in consultation with the Board of Trustees.

Former Chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Mary Jo White will lead the investigative team. White is a senior chair with the national law firm Debevoise & Plimpton and is a former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

“Ohio State is committed to a thorough and complete
 investigation,” Davidson said. “We look forward to sharing the results of this investigation and any action the university may take.”

Ohio State opens the 2018 season against Oregon State on Sept. 1 - 27 days from now. If Meyer remains head coach, he would return (based on the investigative timeline) about two weeks before the season opener.

Ryan Day was named the interim coach when Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave on Aug. 1, the same day I reported that Meyer had knowledge of Smith's domestic violence allegations - despite his denial of any knowledge the previous week at Big Ten media days.

Two days after Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave, he issued a statement on Aug. 3 and reversed course, indicating he lied to the media, had knowledge of the incident but did “elevate the (domestic violence) issues to the proper channels.”

Edited by Orangechipper
  • Like 1

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games