Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

4 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Smith with the OJ fidgetting and eyes.
Shoulda went full juice and had an “if I had done it interview”

Look nicole actually always beat on me. Now im accused? Heck the LA PD loved me.

Next interview with ESPN Zach's gonna claim the real abuser is still out there, and now that he's free of his job at tOSU, he'll dedicate the rest of his life to finding them and bringing them to justice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

At work so missed the interview, but you mean to tell me after all of ESPN’s quasi-social justice / quasi-tabloid reporting the last few years, when they get the gift of a white dude agreeing to a live interview in the midst of a huge scandal about his domestic abuse in the MeToo era, they pussed out and lobbed softballs to him?

WTF?  There are going to be some folks at Disney corporate chewing some Bristol jock sniffer ass right about now.

The interviewer had no interest in grilling Smith. All he wanted to know is what Urban knew and when. Every question was about Meyer- there were no actual questions about the abuse. The only way the pictures came up is when the interviewer asked if urban knew there were pics.

6 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This morning I started wondering of maybe he'd keep his job, but not now.  That tweet was to stoke his own ego and/or play for his buyout.  I'm starting to think Urban Meyer is kind of a jackass.  Am I the only one?

I assume any head coach at any big time football/basketball university is a jackass.  Some are just better at covering it up, or at least know where to draw the line.

Edited by Captain Obvious

14 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This morning I started wondering of maybe he'd keep his job, but not now.  That tweet was to stoke his own ego and/or play for his buyout.  I'm starting to think Urban Meyer is kind of a jackass.  Am I the only one?

Most of us have known that Urban Meyer is a jackass for quite some time.

5 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

So why hasn’t the OSU AD come out and confirmed Urban’s claim to following protocol?  Seems pretty easy 

Because he has probably resigned and part of his big payout is to keep his piehole shut while they figure out a way to keep Urbs.

36 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Sorry for your loss although I’m gonna choke on my popcorn I’m laughing at all this shit so hard.

Brother, the only difference between your program and others is y’all keep getting caught.

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Not everyone is finished fraudulently backdating paperwork which didn't exist 3 days ago.....

This^^

answer 1B is also possible as stated above, the much lesser paid AD or some admin is packing their shit in a box along with a healthy severance and soft landing.  

43 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Plus, Florida is going to be inundated with F.O.I.A. requests about the 2009 incident. He's going to be proven to be a liar twice within a couple of days.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Plus, Florida is going to be inundated with F.O.I.A. requests about the 2009 incident. He's going to be proven to be a liar twice within a couple of days.

Florida will help as little as possible. Last thing they want is to walk through the river of shit urban was allowed to create while there.

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Florida will help as little as possible. Last thing they want is to walk through the river of shit urban was allowed to create while there.

Completely agree. That Urban's statement threw the Florida athletic department under the bus is fucking hilarious.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Completely agree. That Urban's statement threw the Florida athletic department under the bus is fucking hilarious.

Yep. 

Urban Meyer and Zach Smith's defenses shift focus toward actions of Ohio State AD Gene Smith

It’s clear that Meyer won’t leave his job without a fight. The statement was both a strong defense of his actions and an apology for his responses on the topic July 24 at Big Ten media days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/03/urban-meyer-zach-smiths-defense-shifts-focus-ohio-state-gene-smith/902467002/

6 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Why would Urban's lawyer have a say in it unless he's Saul Goodmaning by representing everybody at once. 

I'm assuming that since Z Smith all of a sudden started popping up on air minutes after the Urban statement was tweeted, the lawyers must have communicated beforehand, and presumably Urban's guy was fine with Zach being out there as the public face of the Urban camp for the moment.

11 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Yep. 

Urban Meyer and Zach Smith's defenses shift focus toward actions of Ohio State AD Gene Smith

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/03/urban-meyer-zach-smiths-defense-shifts-focus-ohio-state-gene-smith/902467002/

And so smith throws the AD under the bus while at the same time claiming he never abused his wife.   Then there's the little matter of the text from his phone admitting choking her on multiple occasions.  

But he didn't hit her, so he played by Urbans rules on that count.  Except he did.   

What a shit show.   Thumbs down from the court of public opinion. 

Will we hafta vacate our 2014 NC because of this? #fingerscrossed

“Please know that the truth is the ultimate power,” Meyer wrote, “and I am confident that I took appropriate action.” 

Ie, "Truth don't lie."

That USA Today article suggests he thinks he can keep his job by throwing Smith under the bus. I just don't see that happening.

Talk so soon of, "OMG who's gonna be the next coach!?" is unseemly. Let's let the 2018 shitshow season play itself out while we do a through search, and announce the hire after Thanksgiving. And no Bob Stoops plz. (I don't like him.)

You guys mighta been joking. Not sure. But Tressel and/or Pelini are not walking through that door.

I continue to believe or University President is above the fray, has good judgment and will follow his conscience.

Lastly. We might go 8-4, but we're gonna kick the shit out of Michigan.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

fhbon3cy2f6aznwgbvro.jpg

This is the face of a man who either wears makeup or gets facials.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

At work so missed the interview, but you mean to tell me after all of ESPN’s quasi-social justice / quasi-tabloid reporting the last few years, when they get the gift of a white dude agreeing to a live interview in the midst of a huge scandal about his domestic abuse in the MeToo era, they pussed out and lobbed softballs to him?

WTF?  There are going to be some folks at Disney corporate chewing some Bristol jock sniffer ass right about now.

For all their posturing the last few years as being progressive and proponents of social justice, they are showing themselves to be phony ass hypocrites in their handling of a wife beater and his enablers with kid gloves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Will we hafta vacate our 2014 NC because of this? #fingerscrossed

Ie, "Truth don't lie."

That USA Today article suggests he thinks he can keep his job by throwing Smith under the bus. I just don't see that happening.

Talk so soon of, "OMG who's gonna be the next coach!?" is unseemly. Let's let the 2018 shitshow season play itself out while we do a through search, and announce the hire after Thanksgiving. And no Bob Stoops plz. (I don't like him.)

You guys mighta been joking. Not sure. But Tressel and/or Pelini are not walking through that door.

I continue to believe or University President is above the fray, has good judgment and will follow his conscience.

Lastly. We might go 8-4, but we're gonna kick the shit out of Michigan.

Say the unlikely happens and he gets canned, who would you like to see as HC?  

If matt Campbell has a good year that seems like a solid choice, likewise the interim guy.   Outside a couple guys tOSU can pick and choose, so who would you want?

11 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Say the unlikely happens and he gets canned, who would you like to see as HC?  

If matt Campbell has a good year that seems like a solid choice, likewise the interim guy.   Outside a couple guys tOSU can pick and choose, so who would you want?

Mike Sherman

• Haha 1

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games