Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

Has anyone asked McMurphy to dig around Tallahassee? Now that Jimbo is gone maybe there'd be some local law enforcement willing to give up the dirt on his days protecting Criminoles. The aggy meltdown over a Jimbo scandal in the current MeeToo climate would be delicious.

32 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Fatwa.  Fatwa engaged.

Nah, the fatwa was issued long ago in another thread. I ignored the call to action. Now I’m in full-on jihadi mode. 

As did his wife as an employee of the university. The administration also has an easy out, because there is a clause in Urban's contract that states he must immediately report all Title IX violations he knows about concerning his players, staff, and support personnel. If this 6 person panel of slap dicks find out he knew in 2015 and didn't say a word, which is about a 99.9% certainty at this point, they have an out to fire him with cause.
At this point I think the panel is trying to find out who else is getting fired.

Maybe not for acts prior to the contract amendment in March.

I don't know if this is a Title IX violation or not, but if it is, why have we not heard a single word from the NCAA?

Title IX is federal law. I’m sure once they are done the NCAA will examine the public records and promptly shut down the Toledo athletic program.

20 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

actually, it's not hard to tweet about it. "if the allegations are true that urban knew about the abuse, then i hope my alma mater makes the right decision."

urban is not bigger than your fucking alma mater. this isn't hard. you don't have to like it, but you have to get ahead of it as a media figure. his milquetoast response there is fucking weak. take a stand.

i say this not knowing what he's said on sportscenter or on the xm interview.

• Like 1

just about what i thought:

“Well, everything. I think that’s the thing we really want to know,” he said. “It’s one thing for Urban Meyer to go to Chicago and answer those questions – and I think even at the time, when he answered the questions, a lot of folks in the media were kind of scratching their heads thinking this doesn’t quite add up, even then. And then when he said ‘Who makes up these stories,’ I think it left Brett McMurphy in a position of are you questioning me and my credibility, so he wanted to kind of take it to the next level after Chicago.

“And then when these texts have been released, I think that’s the serious thing for me is when you include Shelley Meyer, Urban’s wife, in these texts and you see that Shelley is saying things like, ‘How are you, Courtney? He scares me. How are the kids?’ I think that right now it’s very one-sided. We’re hearing a lot from one side. And for me personally, I need to hear from the other side until I can talk to you about Urban Meyer’s credibility. I can’t really say anything about his credibility one way or another until we hear him speak and answer questions like, ‘What’s with your responses in Chicago? What’s with the texts from Shelley?’ Once he has a chance to answer these questions, then I think all of us will be able to have a much clearer understanding of where he stands and where his credibility stands with the university and whether or not Ohio State can move forward with him as the head coach.”

Herbstreit was also asked if there’s a path for Meyer to return as the head coach or if this will be too much to overcome.

“Well, I think if you listen to the word on the street or you listen to people on talk radio, it seems that it’s very one-sided and that he doesn’t have a chance to come back and be the head coach at Ohio State,” he said. “I personally am just saying for myself, just slow down. Slow down and let’s allow all the information come in. I think that’s only fair in any of these cases, to look at this and really study every aspect of it as opposed to saying this person – whoever this person happens to be, in this case it’s Urban – is guilty until proven innocent. And I feel that in this case that has happened.

“I personally want more information to come in, I want to see how Urban responds, I want to see the investigation, how the university responds. And then again, after we have more, I think we’re going to be able to see whether or not he can survive this and move on as the head coach.”

weak shit, dude. weak as fuck.

Herbstreit totally punted in saying a great deal of nothing. I would somewhat empathize more with his position/response if he hadn’t angrily called us a cesspool. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh no, a professor! They've never been wrong before! 

Emphasis added

Here's an appeal to authority since you like this, an Ohio Title IX attorney said

Oh, here's a relevant authority, Ohio State policy available at https://hr.osu.edu/wp-content/uploads/policy115.pdf:

You got any more opinions from people thousands of miles away who haven't done their research? I'm interested in reading more.

Again,  the only thing you're working so hard to point out is covered by his contract and university policy,  NOT TITLE 9

All of which I have said they can use to rightly terminate him. It's just NOT UNDER TITLE 9. 

Me thinks you have a learning disability. No use arguing with the disabled. 

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 4

Herbstreit totally punted in saying a great deal of nothing. I would somewhat empathize more with his position/response if he hadn’t angrily called us a cesspool. 

Basically he did say something:  

herbiemakestop.png

Edited by phdhorn

Title 9 was created to protect females who were employed by or students at universities. Trying to apply such a broad use that can easily be construed as over-reaching the intent of the law will most likely easily to be destroyed in court. This is why there's zero chance Ohio state uses a Title Nine violation to fire Urban

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 4

9 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

If Stoops and Mixon can overcome video proof of a female beatdown, Urbs will skate.  It's just they way these things go.  

Absolutely this. 

After multipule OU fiascos and the Baylor horror show I doubt the dickless NCAA will do shit. The way they treat this shit is practically the text book definition of misogyny

1 hour ago, Orange^White said:

I don't know if this is a Title IX violation or not, but if it is, why have we not heard a single word from the NCAA?

They'll do what Ohio State tells them to do...

But Cleveland State is fucked.

Edited by slorch

Even the Project Veritas guys are on this Urban Meyer story. Just saw a video on YouTube of secretly recorded interviews with some of his players from Florida. It seems that they were working on a story of a much broader problem of abusive demands in college and pro ball, but narrowed focus onto this current Urban Meyer scandal for this video. More to come...

10 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Even the Project Veritas guys are on this Urban Meyer story. Just saw a video on YouTube of secretly recorded interviews with some of his players from Florida. It seems that they were working on a story of a much broader problem of abusive demands in college and pro ball, but narrowed focus onto this current Urban Meyer scandal for this video. More to come...

You mean this post from page 8?

On 8/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, KYHorn said:

• Like 2

So Urban is saying he reported the 2015 incident. 

His answers at Big10 media day were the unfortunate byproduct of not being ready to answer those types of questions?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Did he forget he reported the incident?

Guess they're going to throw the AD or compliance office under the bus?

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Even if Urban 'reported it to the proper authorities' - it doesn't excuse why he kept this shit-bag on staff.  He should be fired for allowing this fuck-stick to continue collecting a paycheck from OSU.

unless people higher up liked him being on staff

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So Urban is saying he reported the 2015 incident. 

His answers at Big10 media day were the unfortunate byproduct of not being ready to answer those types of questions?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Did he forget he reported the incident?

Guess they're going to throw the AD or compliance office under the bus?

He didn't say when he reported the incident.

Clearly, he learned of the incident after Big 10 media day, but before McMurphy broke his story, and reported it to the proper authorities..  Nothing to see here.

Edited by Captain Obvious

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games