Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

32 minutes ago, po elvis said:

spoken up to who? Urban? the police? or do you want them to speak up to the media?

Chain of command. Speak to your boss (Urb in this case?) If you see nothing is getting done, talk to Title IV reps or administration.

At the end of the day, this is a place of business. What would you do at work?

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Chain of command. Speak to your boss (Urb in this case?) If you see nothing is getting done, talk to Title IV reps or administration.

If it's not happening at work, I wouldn't expect my employer would do much about it.

If my wife was friends with the abused wife, I would call the police and offer to help, but ultimately not much gets done in domestic violence cases unless the victim is willing to speak up.  Sucks but true.

16 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

My office doesn't have a title IX rep, but everyone else in the equation was already aware of the situation correct?  Chain of command and police that is, and police aren't pursing because the wife is being manipulated, and boss doesn't care because guy is a rainmaker.  Am I morally obligated to quit my job then? 

11 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

If it's not happening at work, I wouldn't expect my employer would do much about it.

If my wife was friends with the abused wife, I would call the police and offer to help, but ultimately not much gets done in domestic violence cases unless the victim is willing to speak up.  Sucks but true.

Oh this is laughably out of touch...   people get fired for being a dick to Uber drivers...  and you think beating/stalking/threatening someone isn't?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Loco said:

Oh this is laughably out of touch...   people get fired for being a dick to Uber drivers...  and you think beating/stalking/threatening someone isn't?

yes they get fired... after the story goes viral, which is the same thing that happened here; just a few years too late.

58 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

narcissistic penile reminders is a damned fine name for a band. Mind you, I still prefer Cunt Magnets - short, but mysteriously powerful. By contrast, narcissistic penile reminders has far too many syllables. Cunt Magnets too strong - and more memorable than a mere reminder.

Well, Cunt Magnets was taken so...

You didn't read the thread or the part where Urb is required by his contract to report any alleged abuse or assault by players, personal or coaches. 
How is a clause added to his contract in 2018 going to get him fired for covering shit up in 2015? You saying they expect him to come clean on everything he's ever overlooked?

I think Urbs is done coaching but I don't see how this gets him fired with cause on an old incident. He'll get paid to leave and keep his mouth shut.

21 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Might try magnate or maggot

Maggot, we are discussing the Urbs.

So here’s the scoop on Courtney Smith, perfect dance partner for her roided up alcoholic meathead ex hubby.  The Royal family of white trash.

The drama & insanity between these 2 Ohio circus acts is 25X’s stronger than already reported.

Does tOSU try to smoke n mirror this up to cover Urbs/the program & University or is the fact that a nut job wife beater being swept under the rug trumps whatever level of wanna be meth head stripper she is & still stands out on top of this pile of shit?

Edited by UcancallmeSurly

15 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Maggot, we are discussing the Urbs.

So here’s the scoop on Courtney Smith, perfect dance partner for her roided up alcoholic meathead ex hubby.  The Royal family of white trash.

The drama & insanity between these 2 Ohio circus acts is 25X’s stronger than already reported.

Does tOSU try to smoke n mirror this up to cover Urbs/the program & University or is the fact that a nut job wife beater being swept under the rug trumps whatever level of wanna be meth head stripper she is & still stands out on top of this pile of shit?

You forgot the video that was released today basically confirming his asshole-ness.

10 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

You forgot the video that was released today basically confirming his asshole-ness.

Acknowledged, I’d bury the whole shit show.   

Waiting to see how tOSU handles it & how deep this goes.  We forget just how myopic & insane some of these programs get when it comes to rules/winning & program rep.

Bout to find out if tOSU is a football school or institution of higher learning.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm with you, man. The entire system up in Columbus, Ohio is out to get Zach Smith, assistant coach for the Ohio State Buckeyes football team and grandson of Earl Bruce. It's obviously a setup by THE MAN! The arrests, restraining orders, civil protection orders, stalking charges, all of it is a ruse! She bruised herself, cut herself, forged maniacal text messages from Zach Smith, forged text messages from Shelley Meyer where Mrs. Meyer says she's scared of Zach Smith, ALL OF IT IS A SHAM PERPETRATED ON ZACH SMITH BY THE LIZARD PEOPLE!

You know what they say, if some woman falsely accused some man somewhere with no evidence then we should immediately assume all other men are innocent regardless of the amount of evidence we see. RIGHT ON, BROTHER!

I had a girlfriend once that accused me of hitting her. She didn't tell the cops this, but my parents. Why? I don't know. Bitches be crazy. She showed them bruises and cuts that I didn't cause. But I wasn't beating her, so what did I do? I had the brains to defend myself, so eventually I caught her in the bathroom cutting herself and getting her sister to hit her. I fuckin filmed that shit. Fin.

The WR coach guy has had, what, a decade to find a way to prove his innocence if he is indeed innocent. It took me a week. This dude beats his woman. Fin.

1 hour ago, Horny04 said:

This is pretty amazing, I'm listening to sports radio and across the board Meyer is getting blasted. Just A Week Ago all of these people would be kissing his ass

Don't hit women or protect those who do...

Rape too.

I'm glad that's where we're at as a society.  I just wish the NCAA would act before things become criminal.  Lotsa bad shit going on.  They give zero fucks.

people are on the outs with NFL and Goodell?  i hate the NCAA infinitely worse.  I love the game, but despise the people who run it.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

You're welcome to believe whatever you'd like. I'm just pointing out that this is essentially one person's word against another's, and one person stands to gain from it.

How does she gain by this?   It actually makes sense she dropped charges or didn't prosecute because her livelihood was directly connected to his.   

him getting fired and unable to get another job paying anywhere near the $350k or so he was making will definitely cut into her cut from child support/ alimony or whatever she gets from him. 

And there's the pretty damning texts he sent about killing people and such.  Dude tied the rope hanging around his own neck   

I get get it that you went through bad shit in your divorce, it happens a lot.   False accusations are o e of the worst things I can think of, take responsibility for things you've done, but damned if I ever want to get into the legal system for something made up.  

I haven't waded through this thread, but I find it absurd that Urban is in trouble because he didn't fire a coach after there were allegations that the coach beat his wife. Urban should have reported the incident to the Title IX office and the university legal counsel. But, he damn well should not have fired someone over allegations. That would open the university up to legal repercussions. Furthermore, if Urban gets fired, I think he has justification to sue the university.

And full disclosure, personally, I would love to see tOSU fire Urban. And I do not like tOSU.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I haven't waded through this thread, but I find it absurd that Urban is in trouble because he didn't fire a coach after there were allegations that the coach beat his wife. Urban should have reported the incident to the Title IX office and the university legal counsel. But, he damn well should not have fired someone over allegations. That would open the university up to legal repercussions. Furthermore, if Urban gets fired, I think he has justification to sue the university.

And full disclosure, personally, I would love to see tOSU fire Urban. And I do not like tOSU.

It’s not that he waited to fire him per se.  It’s that he covered for this scum for years and played dumb up until the end because the guy was his mentor’s grandson.  Totally unacceptable.  

Edited by ClubWhatever
Generations how do they work

I love to speculate.  I love correlations and synchronicities.  I love the "23 enigma".

And I bet tree fiddy that stoops resigned in Norman within 2 weeks of Earl Bruce receiving "the final diagnosis".

The addition of those clauses to Urb's renewal just after Bruce's death is of course completely not connected.  Completely.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s not that he waited to fire him per se.  It’s that he covered for this scum for years and played dumb up until the end because the guy was his mentor’s kid.   Totally unacceptable.  

Okay, I get your point. However, how do we know whether his motives were to cover up for a mentor's son or to wait until allegations were proven? Both possibilities would be reasonable assumptions. Personally, I think the only way to handle these issues in today's environment is to dump them on someone's lap. Report it to the TItle IX office and the legal department and let them deal with it.

Edited by Bevo

11 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s not that he waited to fire him per se.  It’s that he covered for this scum for years and played dumb up until the end because the guy was his mentor’s kid.   Totally unacceptable.  

8 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Wonder what shit Urban's mentor knew about Urban.

That's what I don't understand.  Meyer ruined his entire career over a guy was a personal and professional shit stain.  It has to be more than the Earl Bruce angle.

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That's what I don't understand.  Meyer ruined his entire career over a guy was a personal and professional shit stain.  It has to be more than the Earl Bruce angle.

Maybe Meyer has another domestic issue of his own, but didn't want to fake another illness because that's so played out, and decided to go this route.

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Okay, I get your point. However, how do we know whether his motives were to cover up for a mentor's son or to wait until allegations were proven? Both possibilities would be reasonable assumptions. Personally, I think the only way to handle these issues in today's environment is to dump them on someone's lap. Report it to the TItle IX office and the legal department and let them deal with it.

Well the twitter photos sent to his wife seem to be proof of the allegations. I mean its feasible that they were faked or from something else but photos are a definite form of proof in most cases. Especially given the history there.

25 minutes ago, Surlybastard said:

Well the twitter photos sent to his wife seem to be proof of the allegations. I mean its feasible that they were faked or from something else but photos are a definite form of proof in most cases. Especially given the history there.

That isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is that you can't fire someone over allegations. You need to wait for the legal system to play out. One could reasonably assume that he hid the information to help his mentor's son. But one could also reasonably assume that he was simply waiting for legal system to determine guilt.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about the texts between one of the coaches’ wives and Smiths wife saying “urban doesn’t know what to do about it” and “urban said zach said it’s all untrue”. Everything i heard on the radio and being written seems to fail to mention that. That shit was all brought to his attention. 

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games