Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Urban Meyer owes Tim Tebow $20M worth of PR.  If not for him, Urban Meyer would be seen wildly different.

Yeah I wouldn’t pay Tebow now, because Meyer will henceforth be seen in the proper light. None of his past faux reputation matters now. 

They did have Aaron Hernandez walking around so I'm sure both them and urbz made some arrangements.

Good point, but don’t you dare jaywalk or leave your tailgating spot with an open container. Where do you think ‘don’t tase me bro’ came from. Yup. Right here.

They come out in force for home games. Truth on the snipers.
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

DId he imply that he taped whistleblowers without their permission?

Most states are one party consent.  So as long as they were talking to him it’s legal.  It’s only typically illegal if your recording a conversation your are not a party to where those involved have a reasonable expectation of privacy

10 minutes ago, Aoor Paggie said:

They did have Aaron Hernandez walking around so I'm sure both them and urbz made some arrangements.

Oh that must be why Urbs was taking sooo much heat at UF for player arrests...  you know because the police were covering shit up.  

PolishedFlawedDrafthorse.gif

10 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Is this some sort of Baylor whitewashing attempt by a Baylor guy?  Aren’t you the guy who said Vince Young was slow?  If you ask what relevance that has to the topic at hand, spotting an idiot in any conversation is useful. 

Baylor grad yes, but I got rid of all my Baylor gear and don't even display my diploma in my office. Negative to criticizing VY's speed as I sat through the 62-0 game in 2005.

Baylor shouldn't be allowed to play sports and every member of the BOR should have been removed, but that doesn't excuse the sport of FBS CFB.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

In one of the Getup clips I saw it mentioned at media day that urban called out McMurphy for making up such a story.

Frankly I wonder if this would have the same blowback had he not lied about knowing and just said we tried to counsel him through his issues and that we let him go when it was clear he wasn’t changing.

the fact that he lied about knowing and his tweet indicating that if you lie you should be fired is probably what will do him in. 

By the way, the Rutledge piece on ESPN got it right; it’s effed up and that so many people knew about this for so long and nothing was done about it until McMurphy was basically called out by Urban for making it up. Gotta feel for her and her kids.

It is looking like his Big 10 media day denial of knowledge is what tripped Ms. Ex Smith's wrath to take it all to the media.

6 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I mentioned this as a possible reason he's still around. He knows where all the UF and tOSU dirt is.

If that were to happen, it would result in an epic nationwide case of sports Schadenfreude.  

While I'm here, is it too late to crack a joke about Urban's selectively appearing heart condition?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but any way some of this could come back on Herman or any other coaches that were working with Urban in 2012? I haven’t followed this too closely so I’m a little out of it

No

latest?cb=20160403163856

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone considered Tressel making his triumphant return? What he did pales in comparison to what's happened in CFB since his ousting.

Not as long as Gene Smith is there. He threw Tressel under the bus.

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Baylor grad yes, but I got rid of all my Baylor gear and don't even display my diploma in my office. Negative to criticizing VY's speed as I sat through the 62-0 game in 2005.

Baylor shouldn't be allowed to play sports and every member of the BOR should have been removed, but that doesn't excuse the sport of FBS CFB.

I’m sorry pal. I had you confused with Kaiser Soze. 

8 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It is looking like his Big 10 media day denial of knowledge is what tripped Ms. Ex Smith's wrath to take it all to the media.

I think it had more to do with Brett's original story and Urban's response was, "What kind of person makes up a story like this?"

Am I in the minority that think he'll be on admin leave until the story dies in the press, then he will right back at it with a slap on the wrist?  I think he should be fired for cause.  The language in his contract is clear.  But the pessimist in me says the amount of money at stake here for the University makes me think they are just hunkering down to weather the storm.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not as long as Gene Smith is there. He threw Tressel under the bus.

I cannot remember what he did but I liked Tressel - I think. 

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He lied to NCAA investigators. He should have been fired.

Meh. It’s not like NCAA investigators are unassailable and lying to them shouldn’t be the cardinal sin that it’s treatwd as. 

21 minutes ago, elnimo said:

Am I in the minority that think he'll be on admin leave until the story dies in the press, then he will right back at it with a slap on the wrist?  I think he should be fired for cause.  The language in his contract is clear.  But the pessimist in me says the amount of money at stake here for the University makes me think they are just hunkering down to weather the storm.

Yes, you are.  Not saying it is right or wrong that he gets canned.  I just think in today's environment, it is almost inevitable.

21 minutes ago, elnimo said:

Yes. You are in the minority. As others have pointed out, It's never the crime, it's the cover up.

If this was covering up that one of his players smoked pot, maybe. But this kind of situation is one where the University will want to step in and quell any negative press. They will throw Urby and anyone else they can under the bus and then pat themselves on the back for what good people they are.

He's fucked.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ben Ficus said:

If that were to happen, it would result in an epic nationwide case of sports Schadenfreude.  

While I'm here, is it too late to crack a joke about Urban's selectively appearing heart condition?

Messages_Image_1231994087.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yes. You are in the minority. As others have pointed out, It's never the crime, it's the cover up.

If this was covering up that one of his players smoked pot, maybe. But this kind of situation is one where the University will want to step in and quell any negative press. They will throw Urby and anyone else they can under the bus and then pat themselves on the back for what good people they are.

He's fucked.

Not to mention all the other hot water the athletic department is already in.  Lots of heads are going to rolling, not just Urban's.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, elnimo said:

It won't die down until he's gone.  Not with all the pictures and text messages that are out now.  IMO there are hoards of people/groups etc that haven't really spoken up who maybe don't follow sports or that are monitoring the situation that will go ballistic if he is kept on.   No one other than tOSU fans have sympathy for him.

Edited by midtown

21 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yes, you are.  Not saying it is right or wrong that he gets canned.  I just think in today's environment, it is almost inevitable.

Ummmmm, you’re not exactly going out on a limb by saying it’d be very right that he gets canned. 

19 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

He's fucked.

His crime is the cover-up. 

3 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

burningcouch.gif

Time for tOSU to sing the song of their people.

They are passionate, this happened when they won... 

I can only imagine what might be if Meyer is released from contract from the Buckeye nation...

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This has to be especially satisfying for McMurphy on many levels.  ESPN fired him but is being forced to use his story and book him.  Urban called him a liar so McMurphy went out and got all the damn receipts.

Well, it took ESPN 4+ hours to even present / post the story yesterday once McMurphy dropped the bombshell. 

They lay off a solid reporter and professional like McMurphy who knows CFB inside and out while the network continues to employ unbridled buffoons like Desmond Howard.  Just another example of ESPN going to shit. 

Obviously he never thought it would come to this, but why cover up for a WR coach?  He could have just fired him, hired another guy, and continued on with his morality illusion.  Probably would have given more credence to his bullshit value chart. 
It was Earle Bruce's grandson.

7 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Obviously he never thought it would come to this, but why cover up for a WR coach?  He could have just fired him, hired another guy, and continued on with his morality illusion.  Probably would have given more credence to his bullshit value chart. 

That WR coach was the grandson of a former Ohio St head coach who was one of Urban's mentors.  

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It was Earle Bruce's grandson.

A new twist to pussy being undefeated?

The thing that amazes me more than anything in these University related incidents is how the local Police are never blamed for willfully ignoring blatant abuse and criminal activity. Sweep it under the rug, and forget about it seems to be their MO. How that 2015 incident and pictures doesn't result in significant jail time is beyond me. It's like a woman has to be murdered before they are willing to do anything about domestic abuse. It's just disgusting, and to think they had young children growing up in that house and witnessing all of it. 

I'm not sure what legal obligation college coaches would have in these situations, but every one of those coaches and their wives have a moral and ethical obligation to help that abused wife and her kids get out of that situation. Text messages of "sympathy and support" are not enough. It goes way beyond whatever contract clauses people are arguing about, if you care about someone at all, you get them away from that situation. Those kids are going to be scarred for life having to see their mother beaten and abused, and it's going to stay with them the rest of their lives. Just a shame for them to go through that, when they really shouldn't have been in that situation for anywhere near that long. 

• Like 1

It may have been one of those deals were she always changed her mind afterwards and refused to press charges.  That happens a lot in spousal abuse situations.  The abuser is often very good at maniuplating the spouse in to not pressing charges.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games