Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't know how Meyer could possibly deny knowing about the 2015 incident.  I don't think a 'Zach told me it didn't happen and I believe him' defense is going to work.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure tOSU's reporting requirements, even outside of Title IX, don't include "but if the alleged abuser denies everything there is no duty to report".

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So Florida, and Ohio---the Florida of America's Midwest have only two things in common. 

A very questionable population with a tube-top love affair.  And Urban Meyer.  Coincidence?  I think not.  

If Brett's timeline is correct, Smith was arrested first incident (while in G'ville) and never coached again for the Gata ... (because Urbs left)

so leave our Tube tops out of this!

93wZ.gif

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I thought Michigan was the Florida if the Midwest. 

There's no way you've spent a substantial amount of time in both states if that's your opinion.  Detroit jokes aside, Michigan versus Ohio isn't even close.  Ohio is nothing more than an industrialized and colder version of Florida. 

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There's no way you've spent a substantial amount of time in both states if that's your opinion.  Detroit jokes aside, Michigan versus Ohio isn't even close.  Ohio is nothing more than an industrialized and colder version of Florida. 

It sounds like a wondeeful place. 

The Tebow effect was very real here in Gainesville. The stories about him really overshadowed the arrests within the program. I’ll admit, some of the 31 arrests were really silly (barking at a police dog), but there were some pretty serious ones involving violence. His punishments were typically handled internally, but they were pretty varied in severity and it was definitely less severe on the players that were part of his circle of trust.

We all heard of the locker room issues and player favoritism, even though Urban kept a pretty tight lid on information getting out. As long as he was winning, we just wrote it off as part of running a successful program. It wasn’t until he left we learned how broken the locker room was.

I’m not sure if the NCs were worth the damage he left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sure the GPD covered some shit up. It's a small SEC City but they are a bunch of ok psychos in that police department. Went to a game last year and the police lined the streets by the student section sporting rifles and armored vehicles for shits and giggles. This was after a win as well so don't know what they were expecting. They even had rooftop snipers

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

How many women and children are BI0 athletic programs going to destroy?

That conference is a cesspool.

The sport is a cesspool. How many does it take to prove that universities and/or coaches don't give a shit about anything other than money and wins.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, midtown said:

I bet he doesn't even make it out of the weekend. 

He won't make it to the weekend. It's just a matter of the lawyers working with the Admins at this point & trying to cross T's & dot I's (and to see how hard they are going to fuck Urby on the way out). 

14 minutes ago, Aoor Paggie said:

I'm sure the GPD covered some shit up. It's a small SEC City but they are a bunch of ok psychos in that police department. Went to a game last year and the police lined the streets by the student section sporting rifles and armored vehicles for shits and giggles. This was after a win as well so don't know what they were expecting. They even had rooftop snipers

1) If they covered shit up, it wasn't for the football team. See your second sentence.

2) No one morns a win more than the Gata.

3) Rooftop snipers, never know when someone might have an open container, can't be too careful.  /GPD

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He's the guy that dressed up like a pimp and took down ACORN. He does a lot of secret taping exposing things. If he's got a tape about Urban Meyer, then it's going to inflammatory and bad.

[no cloak room] Most of his stuff is pointless drivel that he tries to sell as EXPLOSIVE because the majority of the population assumes that anything taped undercover has to be.  I'd love to see him aid in taking down Urban, but I'm not holding my breath that this is anything other than another sad publicity attempt. [/no cloak room]

• Like 6

1 hour ago, midtown said:

20 years ago you could just deny, deny, and lie.  now with text, social media, emails, cameras, etc if it's true, someone will find it or have proof of it.  The days of sweeping shit under the rug are pretty much gone. 

Or if a GA/ former player comes forward and says he told the BSD about what he saw and when he told him...

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

[no cloak room] Most of his stuff is pointless drivel that he tries to sell as EXPLOSIVE because the majority of the population assumes that anything taped undercover has to be.  I'd love to see him aid in taking down Urban, but I'm not holding my breath that this is anything other than another sad publicity attempt. [/no cloak room]

Agreed. Some of his stuff has fallen flat before, some not. He usually does politics.  The fact that this is out of his usual realm and the coordinated timing of it with McMurphy make me think he's got something though. 

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Agreed. Some of his stuff has fallen flat before, some not. He usually does politics.  The fact that this is out of his usual realm and the coordinated timing of it with McMurphy make me think he's got something though. 

You very well could be right.  I'd love to see Urban get exposed even more for the scumbag he is.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It’s that split second moment in Shawshank redemption where the warden discovers Andy switched the shoes and the prison alarm goes off in the background.

That would be too much to ask for this sordid tale to end the same way...

13 minutes ago, Loco said:

1) If they covered shit up, it wasn't for the football team. See your second sentence.

2) No one morns a win more than the Gata.

3) Rooftop snipers, never know when someone might have an open container, can't be too careful.  /GPD

They did have Aaron Hernandez walking around so I'm sure both them and urbz made some arrangements.

22 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

The sport is a cesspool. How many does it take to prove that universities and/or coaches don't give a shit about anything other than money and wins.

Is this some sort of Baylor whitewashing attempt by a Baylor guy?  Aren’t you the guy who said Vince Young was slow?  If you ask what relevance that has to the topic at hand, spotting an idiot in any conversation is useful. 

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games