Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

There is a zero percent chance that Meyer didn't know. Zero. First he had his fixer and Earle Bruce go in and talk her out of pressing charges almost a decade ago and then he continued to let this go even though his wife was getting text messages from the victim. He's done. 

Urban Meyer was a steaming bucket of dick cheese at Florida and big shock, he still is now. To paraphrase, "It's like a new generation of excuse. He's not going to be able to rub pixie dust on this thing. He's going to get a dose of reality. Ohio State just dropped an administrative leave on him that's going to lead to his termination."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gecko said:

The ESPN "Get Up" segment this morning on this was very good.  If the segment is available on ESPN.com I highly recommend it.....

yeah, this is what i watched. mcmurphy laid everything out in a way that meyer cant lie or deny his way out of.

This is pretty damning. Coffin meet nail.

----------------------------------------

Two weeks after the Oct. 25, 2015 incident, a Nov. 5, 2015 text exchange between Lindsey Voltolini and Courtney shows Meyer talked to Zach Smith about the incident.

Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything” 
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

25 minutes ago, markstanco said:
45 minutes ago, PilotsError said:
Buckeye fans on twitter are some abysmal human beings.

So....she had it comin'?

You're doing it wrong. You need to preface it with a statement that makes you look sympathetic. IE:

"Abuse is wrong. I get that. But fuck that whore for screwing up our program".

Fin.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Also, god bless the police in college football towns.  They do know their priorities.  

Read the article, GPD locked his ass up first time.  Those boys don't fuck around...  throw a sandwich... go to jail, bark at a police dog... go to jail...  

That article is sickening. 

17 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This is pretty damning. Coffin meet nail.

----------------------------------------

Two weeks after the Oct. 25, 2015 incident, a Nov. 5, 2015 text exchange between Lindsey Voltolini and Courtney shows Meyer talked to Zach Smith about the incident.

Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything” 
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

I don't know how Meyer could possibly deny knowing about the 2015 incident.  I don't think a 'Zach told me it didn't happen and I believe him' defense is going to work.

42 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Why do I think Urban will only get a wrist slap and will be coaching OSU again before this season is over?

Hated osu since old ass Woody Hayes sideline incident. Urban has always been a douche bag. For some reason I believe osu will fire his ass. Osu fans will continue to be pedostateish.

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't know how Meyer could possibly deny knowing about the 2015 incident.  I don't think a 'Zach told me it didn't happen and I believe him' defense is going to work.

He’s a sanctimonious liar. He just had no idea they had the goods on him. 

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

brett mcmurphy is tearing meyer a new one on espn this morning. the amount of research he's done with as many verified sources as he has is outstanding. meyer is a total piece of shit, if there was even any doubt left as to whether or not that was the case.

This has to be especially satisfying for McMurphy on many levels.  ESPN fired him but is being forced to use his story and book him.  Urban called him a liar so McMurphy went out and got all the damn receipts.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Meyer's probably trying to get hold of Art Briles and find out about the $28Megabuck settlement gambit.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Treat women with respect...

and deny the living fuck out of it if you do not.

tOSU will fire Meyer and the NCAA can claim it is serious about policing its institutions...

I think you are correct, in what will transpire...

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This has to be especially satisfying for McMurphy on many levels.  ESPN fired him but is being forced to use his story and book him.  Urban called him a liar so McMurphy went out and got all the damn receipts.

I have obviously missed something.  When did Meyer call McMurphy a liar?

What’s the big deal about. It’s not like a bunch of boys got buttfucked in a shower by an old man, or generation of underaged gymnasts got diddled by their “doctor” or rapists savaged an entire campus of chaste white women or there was a mass murderer playing tight end.

Nothing to see here. Just keeping the pimp hand strong.

so maybe those Baylor to the Big 10 rumors are not so crazy after all

between Penn State, MSU and now this shit the Big 10 is just hogging all the fucked up scandal spotlight....Baylor, UNC, FSU, Ole' Miss and others are like "what a program got to do to get a little attention around here"

9 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I have obviously missed something.  When did Meyer call McMurphy a liar?

In one of the Getup clips I saw it mentioned at media day that urban called out McMurphy for making up such a story.

Frankly I wonder if this would have the same blowback had he not lied about knowing and just said we tried to counsel him through his issues and that we let him go when it was clear he wasn’t changing.

the fact that he lied about knowing and his tweet indicating that if you lie you should be fired is probably what will do him in. 

By the way, the Rutledge piece on ESPN got it right; it’s effed up and that so many people knew about this for so long and nothing was done about it until McMurphy was basically called out by Urban for making it up. Gotta feel for her and her kids.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

In one of the Getup clips I saw it mentioned at media day that urban called out McMurphy for making up such a story.

Frankly I wonder if this would have the same blowback had he not lied about knowing and just said we tried to counsel him through his issues and that we let him go when it was clear he wasn’t changing.

the fact that he lied about knowing and his tweet indicating that if you lie you should be fired is probably what will do him in. 

By the way, the Rutledge piece on ESPN got it right; it’s effed up and that so many people knew about this for so long and nothing was done about it until McMurphy was basically called out by Urban for making it up. Gotta feel for her and her kids.

As is usually the case - I think its the lie about the cover-up that will cost Urban his job, not the actual cover-up.  If he had just done what you offered - we tried to handle this through counseling and we thought we could make him a better man - then I think he might be able to get a pass on it.  But the fact he lied about even knowing it happened (and in turn said the report of it happening was a lie) is likely going to be his downfall.

• Like 1

So Florida, and Ohio---the Florida of America's Midwest have only two things in common. 

A very questionable population with a tube-top love affair.  And Urban Meyer.  Coincidence?  I think not.  

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games