Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is that you can't fire someone over allegations. You need to wait for the legal system to play out. One could reasonably assume that he hid the information to help his mentor's son. But one could also reasonably assume that he was simply waiting for legal system to determine guilt.

So you're saying can't fire them in a legal sense? I don't think that's the case here. Meyer could have fired him 3 years ago and not given him any reason for doing it before his wife was even sent the photos. I think he's just in a situation now where he tried to cover for him for too long and half of being a head fb coach nowadays is dealing with the pr side of things. Too much shit has hit the fan in recent years when it comes to college athletics and Meyer can't repair the damage that's already been done there. I think he's done at tosu but he'll be given another chance by pretty much any school that isn't one of the top destination spots.

8 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Sheeeeet.  He’s not getting fired is he?

If they're dumb enough not to fire him/have him "step aside voluntarily for the good of the university", I'm sure McMurphy has more details he can share publicly.  tOSU can get off the Aggy-like coaster now, or suffer a more spectacular crash down the road.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
8 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:
Obviously he never thought it would come to this, but why cover up for a WR coach?  He could have just fired him, hired another guy, and continued on with his morality illusion.  Probably would have given more credence to his bullshit value chart. 

It was Earle Bruce's grandson.

He could also know where the bodies are buried.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/94874/ohio-state-board-of-trustees-forms-independent-working-group-to-lead-urban-meyer-investigation

So...I'm gonna go there. Maybe a group of (basically) unbiased, uninvolved people should be charged with investigating this and then making a recommendation.

We can argue the virtue of each individual in the working group, but doing it this way is a solid plan. Let's not let emotion rule.

As a public institution, everything they look at will be public record. We'll know what they know. Probably.

a3623aaf70f9a1ccaebb03509123d297.jpg

We will see but this is exactly what I expected, just like ou with Mixon they will find a way to "shame blame" her. He broke her soul and made her crazy, now lets take her crazy moments and use it against the crazy bitch. In the name of the lord, of course. I cant wait until Urbs comes out with puppy eyes and "cant understand" why he is being targeted. 

The hope here is the pattern of this POS. It will not be espn unless they know he is done but the media will go asking questions and lots of folks in Florida can now talk about the criminal gang he fostered. 

53 minutes ago, Parliament said:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/94874/ohio-state-board-of-trustees-forms-independent-working-group-to-lead-urban-meyer-investigation

So...I'm gonna go there. Maybe a group of (basically) unbiased, uninvolved people should be charged with investigating this and then making a recommendation.

We can argue the virtue of each individual in the working group, but doing it this way is a solid plan. Let's not let emotion rule.

As a public institution, everything they look at will be public record. We'll know what they know. Probably.

a3623aaf70f9a1ccaebb03509123d297.jpg

I don't think they understand what "independent" means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

That isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is that you can't fire someone over allegations. You need to wait for the legal system to play out. One could reasonably assume that he hid the information to help his mentor's son. But one could also reasonably assume that he was simply waiting for legal system to determine guilt.

Maybe urb couldn’t fire the shithead over an allegation, but he can fulfill his contract obligation and report the guy. Since he didn’t urb gets canned  

People get fired all the time for shit that never makes it to a court room. 

I read that picking Ryan Day to be interim head coach with no head coach experience means there are other coaches who might be canned.  Also the administration put him on admin leave.  Not the AD.  He is probably in jeopardy as well.  Could be a mess there.  But somehow I think he just gets slapped with a suspension.  

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Bucknuts has responded...... Wagons will be circled.

There is no proof that he caused the injuries?  I'm going to need a freaking break given to me on that.   But maybe I do believe the text really did come from Urban because it sure does make sense that he would admit he kept a "crazy drunk" on his staff so long.

1 hour ago, Chet Steadman said:

Nope.  The panel is just a way to give the university cover for a decision to keep him on.  "The panel of unimpeachables said the best thing given the evidence was a 3 game suspension with domestic violence training for all staff."  We take their report very seriously blah blah blah

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So Politicians who love Ohio State? This shit could get moved to the CR but no one wants that. 

Shumate is managing parter at Squire Patton Boggs.  Dr Porter was COO for  Dana-Farber and Nationwide Children's Hospital and now serves on a bunch boards and adjuncts at UNC, Miami, and tOSU.  Fisher was a former director of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and a  SR VP over one of the divisions at Battelle. That isn't a team that is going to buckle to any pressure to whitewash.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

17 minutes ago, CockadoodleHorn said:

I read that picking Ryan Day to be interim head coach with no head coach experience means there are other coaches who might be canned.  Also the administration put him on admin leave.  Not the AD.  He is probably in jeopardy as well.  Could be a mess there.  But somehow I think he just gets slapped with a suspension.  

I agree. Meyer will be exonerated and the whole thing will disappear like a fart in a hurricane. A few patsies will get canned like an assistant trainer, but I doubt Meyer will get more than a slap on the hand. He should be shit canned but this is Ohio State and probably won’t happen. But if he does get fired, maybe he can be an assistant coach for Art Briles over in Italy. 

23 minutes ago, CockadoodleHorn said:

The AD is in hot water over the gymnastics scandal as well...

Ohio State: More than 100 allege sexual abuse by former team doctor

Jul 20, 2018 - More than 100 former Ohio State students have come forward with sexual ... Jim Jordan, who is facing allegations that he knew about abuse from ... football, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, tennis, track, ...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CockadoodleHorn said:

Good points, but I was thinking Day got the interim tag due to be the highest ranking officer w/out prior ties to assault events.

tOSU admin is not short on brains..  they know what we all know, errybody in the AD dept knew ZSmith was a loose cannon head case & dodging conviction only due to connections.

Somebody is going down.. Shelley Urban?  Urbs? Gene Smith?  PD?  Title IX dept?  

Zero chance the admin doesn’t have a fall person/group & rolls with “no one knew”.

Urbs or Gene Smith seem like the best odds for fall guy.

Lets just say they fire urban. I hear lots of fans wanting Stoops, could they even hire Stoops after Mixon? The Mixon story is one of ou's worst ethical moments imo. Free cars, noshow jobs, free gas are not a big deal imo, especially compared to Baylor/PSU/Urban/tosu rape case going on right now/msu. 

2 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

“People will be so impressed with the high level Buckeye homers on this panel that they’ll be have to agree Urban is innocent when our investigation clears him”. 

Fuck those couch hating losers 

29 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Good points, but I was thinking Day got the interim tag due to be the highest ranking officer w/out prior ties to assault events.

tOSU admin is not short on brains..  they know what we all know, errybody in the AD dept knew ZSmith was a loose cannon head case & dodging conviction only due to connections.

Somebody is going down.. Shelley Urban?  Urbs? Gene Smith?  PD?  Title IX dept?  

Zero chance the admin doesn’t have a fall person/group & rolls with “no one knew”.

Urbs or Gene Smith seem like the best odds for fall guy.

Image result for nip it, nip it in the bud pictures

If he gets a slap on the wrist or if the narrative changes it will be interesting to see how the media reacts. I heard some very strong reactions from the likes of Stephen A., LeBatard, and whoever was anchoring college sports today on sirius xm. Heck even Feinbaum used words like fraud and implied Urbs is a POS who climbed the coaching ladder with lies. (probably in his knob slobbing contract with Saban to bad mouth Urbs though)

Do they walk back the criticism or continue with it if he stays on?

46 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Lets just say they fire urban. I hear lots of fans wanting Stoops, could they even hire Stoops after Mixon? The Mixon story is one of ou's worst ethical moments imo. Free cars, noshow jobs, free gas are not a big deal imo, especially compared to Baylor/PSU/Urban/tosu rape case going on right now/msu. 

Let's not forget the time Bob Stoops fancied himself a psychologist. So he could diagnose Dvoracek as having a disorder to excuse him for beating his friend in a bar. Then, got him an extra year of eligibility.

15 minutes ago, pacman said:

Let's not forget the time Bob Stoops fancied himself a psychologist. So he could diagnose Dvoracek as having a disorder to excuse him for beating his friend in a bar. Then, got him an extra year of eligibility.

Fuck, I fucking forgot about that fucking pos who now is on our fucking tv boxes. 

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games