2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

1 hour ago, Modessit said:
2 hours ago, Red Five said:
Halliburton used to post on that old gobig12 board. She wasn’t very knowledgeable.

I delivered a package to her house. She needs to attend to her potted plants better, too.

44 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This is sexual innuendo, yes?

Sure is.

especially to a aggy that loves to hump dirt!!!

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

GD brilliantly put Jordan Shipley into the "flex TE/slot" and had him run crossing routes against that 2nd team OU MLB all day long. They couldn't stop it 

I've never been a fan of GDGD, but he did have some pretty good performances.  Ivan Williams day at Nebraska in 2002 (which I saw in person) was pretty awesome.  There were a few others. 

I am growing soft in my old age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

ok well they also gave up 51. Either way had they been just average we would have won.

Except that wasn’t your point. Your point was that the offense did just fine. It didn’t. You were wrong. You either didn’t watch the game and couldn’t read a box score, or you don’t understand the game. Just shut the fuck up and admit it or shut the fuck up and let people with a clue post. The offense scored 20 points, of which 7 were scored in garbage time with the score 51-34 and less than 6 minutes left. The offense wasn’t good enough last year to beat Maryland. 

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, jinx said:

I've never been a fan of GDGD, but he did have some pretty good performances.  Ivan Williams day at Nebraska in 2002 (which I saw in person) was pretty awesome.  There were a few others. 

I am growing soft in my old age.

I'll bet your wife doesn't like that. 

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s probably just PTSD due to the last 8 seasons, but I don’t view Tulsa as a straight gimme. They had a bad year last year due to injuries, youth, and close losses. They’ve been a good G5 program and they bring plenty back. I hope we beat them by 50 and play everyone, but I won’t be shocked if the game is uncomfortable for a while.

IDK about the PTSD, CTJ, but I agree completely here.  Tulsa is a respectable program that does what they do well, and falling in-between two emotionally charged games it wouldn't be a shock to see us come out flat, even for our home opener.

Edited by cafe society

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Except that wasn’t your point. Your point was that the offense did just fine. It didn’t. You were wrong. You either didn’t watch the game and couldn’t read a box score, or you don’t understand the game. Just shut the fuck up and admit it or shut the fuck up and let people with a clue post. The offense scored 20 points, of which 7 were scored in garbage time with the score 51-34 and less than 6 minutes left. The offense wasn’t good enough last year to beat Maryland. 

Yea I watched, no I’m not young I’m probably older than you and yes I understand the game. Did I remember the first two scores? Honestly no I totally forgot which I admit so my bad.

again it doesn’t take away from the fact that the defense gave up 51. The deflection from this point is starting to surprise me. The defense improving all last season is probably why so I get it, but that game the defense was horrible and no way to spin it. 51 points is shitting the bed.

i did fuck up by forgetting those first two scores and the offense was bad all year so I get it. But that game it was a all around shit fest.

2 hours ago, thepop said:

Don't pretend like  you remember what happened in that game.

I was in Montauk and was fucking pissed I was missing the glorious start of the Herman era because I was walking around shopping with a bunch of girls and East Coast NFL fans. It turns out I was a bit blessed.

Went to a Gamecock household for dinner that night and they innately understood my hollow dead-eyed vibe. Then aggy fucking everything up against UCLA healed my soul a little bit.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s probably just PTSD due to the last 8 seasons, but I don’t view Tulsa as a straight gimme. They had a bad year last year due to injuries, youth, and close losses. They’ve been a good G5 program and they bring plenty back. I hope we beat them by 50 and play everyone, but I won’t be shocked if the game is uncomfortable for a while.

At least we won't be facing a potent Sterlin Gilbert-led Tulsa offense!

30 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea I watched, no I’m not young I’m probably older than you and yes I understand the game. Did I remember the first two scores? Honestly no I totally forgot which I admit so my bad.

again it doesn’t take away from the fact that the defense gave up 51. The deflection from this point is starting to surprise me. The defense improving all last season is probably why so I get it, but that game the defense was horrible and no way to spin it. 51 points is shitting the bed.

i did fuck up by forgetting those first two scores and the offense was bad all year so I get it. But that game it was a all around shit fest.

I don’t see anyone deflecting about the 51 points. That’s you projecting. You took a position that the offense was good enough to win that game. It wasn’t. That’s what everyone reacted to when you posted. The defense fucking blew that game. Nashon Hughes getting snaps for most of the game sucked. Not stopping a QB for them, ever, sucked. The defense played like shit and aided greatly in the loss to Maryland. That also is irrelevant to what you posted. Just fucking own it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Man. You still didnt read s box score did you? The defense didnt give up 51. Quit while youre fucking behind.

They weren’t good. They also scored 21 points aside from the offense. So, while we’re if’n and but’n We could point out that the offense still needed to score another 10 to tie the game, because 3 defensive/special teams scores are pretty rare. 

The only redeeming thing about that game was watching Herman’s post game presser after he realized  that he’d been huffing his own gas for a couple of years. 

The worst thing is he had 4 or 5 more pressers like that the rest of the season.

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I was in Montauk and was fucking pissed I was missing the glorious start of the Herman era because I was walking around shopping with a bunch of girls and East Coast NFL fans. It turns out I was a bit blessed.

Went to a Gamecock household for dinner that night and they innately understood my hollow dead-eyed vibe. Then aggy fucking everything up against UCLA healed my soul a little bit.

Sounds exactly like my experience, except for everything but the end.  I laughed my fucking ass off at the end of that UCLA game.   My family thought I was Lucifer incarnate I was laughing so crazily.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t see anyone deflecting about the 51 points. That’s you projecting. You took a position that the offense was good enough to win that game. It wasn’t. That’s what everyone reacted to when you posted. The defense fucking blew that game. Nashon Hughes getting snaps for most of the game sucked. Not stopping a QB for them, ever, sucked. The defense played like shit and aided greatly in the loss to Maryland. That also is irrelevant to what you posted. Just fucking own it. 

You really need to look no further than the "tight end" we started in that game, frankly.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I did own it fuckstain. Read my fucking post moron. I said my bad I was wrong, no one said anything about the defense blowing dick they defended the defense at first. So fuck off.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The 2008 OU game was my favorite game to attend ever (no, I wasn't at the Rose Bowls). It was such a glorious victory over those fuckers. The feeling of almost pure sports fan euphoria was incredible. In fact it was so intoxicating that I remember standing there as the game ended and actually thinking "Holy shit, Greg Davis might have finally figured this shit out." I seriously thought we were about to embark on another decade long stretch of dominance with Muschamp there and Davis having figured things out. The way he used the available pieces that day and attacked Oklahoma's weaknesses was a gotdamn masterpiece. Even as an avowed optimist I have never been that excited about the long-term program possibilities before or since. Even after winning the national championship I knew the future was uncertain because VY would be leaving. But leaving the Cotton Bowl that day was just pure excitement. So I definitely thank Greg Davis for that day and that feeling.

Then he fucked it up. The end.

Outside of the National Championship game that was the most satisfying win I've had in my Longhorn fandom. 2008 was easily the best coaching job of Mack's career. 

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I did own it fuckstain. Read my fucking post moron. I said my bad I was wrong, no one said anything about the defense blowing dick they defended the defense at first. So fuck off.

5E5B.gif

Edited by Vertigo

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No, you didn’t own it. That’s part of why you got mad and devolved into namecalling with me here. 

It’s easier to do those things than say “yep, i buttfucked that take, embarrassingly so. i don’t remember shit about the game. i looked at the final score and somehow, i decided to talk shit about people seeing the game for something other than the raw final score. then i ran my mouth at others telling me i had it wrong. then i deflected that i fucked my take by claiming that people were ignoring defense. then blah blah blah i fucking suck.  “

So yeah, enjoy your moment here, looking all worthless and irrelevant. I assume it is a high point. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

Bobby Burton: Thursday

What I’m told...

- Shane Buechele had his best day of the pre-season. He ran with the first team the majority of practice and “earned it”. I was also told that Sam Ehlinger looked almost “lethargic” at times yesterday. I’m told that before anyone reads too much into things. After all, this could be a blip for both players. It’s not what either has shown on a consistent basis as yet.

- Chip mentioned Moro Ojomo in his notes and I was told something very similar. Ojomo crushed the reserve OL multiple times. In fact, I’m told he did it on consecutive plays and that got Todd Orlando particularly excited.

- I’m told Kobe Boyce, in the absence of Davante Davis, was once again the starting corner opposite Kris Boyd. Anthony Cook is running second team.

- The mix of Byron Vaughns and Joseph Ossai is an interesting one that the coaches are trying to sort through. As has been reported elsewhere, I’m told Ossai is ahead of Vaughn’s but that Vaughns is “active”.

- I’m told Cam Townsend was running second team behind Anthony Wheeler with Ayodele Adeoye currently on the shelf.

- Jerrod Heard is in danger of becoming an after-thought. He just isn’t producing comparatively nor is he improving his receiver skills at a rate commensurate with still being a relative newcomer to the position. Much has been made about the emergence of freshmen Josh Moore and Jordan Pouncey but Heard isn’t doing himself any favors. “You can’t be just a guy and play the slot. That’s not gonna cut it,” I was told of Heard.

- I’m told Denzel Okafor may have had his best all-around practice of his career yesterday. Again, I’m told to caution being too optimistic but Okafor is starting to have more good days than bad.