2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Why would we kill the season thread?

Was implying about the fall practice part where errbody speculates, we will win, we will lose, Orange koolaid, this player sucks, the oline sucks, practice injuries that doom the team, who starts, back biteing backlashing that can occur time to time in the off season thread.

but looking forward to the Gameday threads

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It sounds as though he thinks we should have a separate thread for each "quarter" of the football year. We are coming up on q4.

Not really 4 quarters

2 would work

the off season

and then the season.

but the off season can be so long and convoluted,

while the season flys by!

Edited by TexasTroll

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Andrew Beck is jacked now. 

Remember when the 9.95’ers peddled that fake story about Nelson transferring? Leading vote getter for team captain. Good call guys. 

Apparently he really did have folks at home in Florida trying to guilt him into following Charlie to USF. Fortunately for all involved that didn't come off.

Andrew Beck is an impressive kid. Really pulling for Nelson this year. Really seems like Wheeler has fully bought in. 

Was somewhat surprised not to see Gary as a captain. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Andrew Beck is an impressive kid. Really pulling for Nelson this year. Really seems like Wheeler has fully bought in. 

Was somewhat surprised not to see Gary as a captain. 

I’m sure he was close in the votes, but all these captains have been here for a lot longer.

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

I’m sure he was close in the votes, but all these captains have been here for a lot longer.

Yeah. Juco route isn’t conducive to team captain, I get that. It’s just a tad odd because I can see Wheeler getting replaced by Shark. GJ, Breck, and Nelson ain’t getting replaced. 

12 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yeah. Juco route isn’t conducive to team captain, I get that. It’s just a tad odd because I can see Wheeler getting replaced by Shark. GJ, Breck, and Nelson ain’t getting replaced. 

I can see blue on a wall if that’s what color it’s painted, but neither of us are coaches or players so let’s quit guessing.

10 minutes ago, SDG said:

I can see blue on a wall if that’s what color it’s painted, but neither of us are coaches or players so let’s quit guessing.

Ahhh, yes.  The suggestion to stop bullshitting on a message board.  Thanks for the unsolicited advice assface.

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Ahhh, yes.  The suggestion to stop bullshitting on a message board.  Thanks for the unsolicited advice assface.

Is “assface” really the best you got?  How many Juco’s are team captains?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, SDG said:

Is “assface” really the best you got?  How many Juco’s are team captains?

I would imagine not many, which is what I conceded in my 2nd post, pretty quickly. If you’re considering defensive leaders, GJ is top of mind on this team, period. But you seem to really want to argue with me and win, so you win little buddy. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, closetojumping said:

Joel Klatt is maybe the best color guy in college football and he's absolutely one of the best analysts outside of calling the games. I don't know why people here don't enjoy him. He calls it straight and calls the SEC bullshit out on the reg.

They coordinate things like Pell Grants for guys they want to get in. No athletic scholarships, though.

Agree.  Klatt is terrific and he is a nice guy, to boot.  I like Brock Huard pretty well, too.  When Rod Gilmore is on the tv crew my wife hides the knives.