2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's argued that Texas played a major role in why CU, UNL, Missouri, and ATM left the Big 12, and to some degree he's correct, but beyond that, there's zero reason for Texas fans to have anything against him. Texas owned his ass, he's great at his job, and he hates the absurd shit with the SEC. Hell, I'm pondering doing a search to see what his thoughts are on the OSU situation, because I'd guess he's being less careful than most of the pussies softpedaling their thoughts on ESPN.

Klatt's twitter feed is excellent. Just went and checked it out. The dude brings it.

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I thought their rides weren't real rides. As in there's no money? I know I know financial aid yadada but maybe his family's income was too high

This is correct. The Ivies tend to loosen up a bit when it comes to athletes but it can still be crazy expensive. 

Some kids also just want to be close to home.

Lol at B- for the special teams when the punter has never actually punted in a game before and we don't even know who the Kicker is
Kicker that flat out choked last year with a backup thats never seen a snap of college ball..same for our new Aussie punter. I'm just hoping the whole ST unit isn't a raging dumpster fire..

I agree with this.  Klatt has been very fair toward Texas, and even bullish on the Horns at times.  And all of that after losing a quarter of his brain after the Kelson hit.
Well honestly that was on Barnett for throwing near his own endzone down 60+ points. Colorado should have been running the ball and the clock. Having your QB drop back with the destruction UT was creating in every facet of that game was just asking for something bad to happen. Unfortunately Klatt was the recipient. I don't think it was a dirty play, but would definitely be flagged and Kelson would likely be thrown out of the game with today's rules.

Having sat through the loss to Colorado in Dallas a few years prior I can't say I was very sympathetic while at the at game. Looking back I feel bad it basically ended his career.

Excellent commentator now though.

His grades don't discount him having problems with mehringer.  
The point being if Meh was the biggest issue he'd likely still be a Longhorn. We aren't the only ones who could see he had legit big time D1 talent, yet he lands at a community college..

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 8/23/2018 at 11:31 AM, 6th Street said:
Lol at B- for the special teams when the punter has never actually punted in a game before and we don't even know who the Kicker is

Kicker that flat out choked last year with a backup thats never seen a snap of college ball..same for our new Aussie punter. I'm just hoping the whole ST unit isn't a raging dumpster fire..

We should just go for 2.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This thread has been bereft of actual news for like...

...well, pretty much since its inception.

Carry on.  

Game week thread starts Sunday, koolaid drinking starts now. I'm drunk in a Canadian bar and got a couple hook 'ems wearing a UT shirt today in Quebec City so it's all coming together.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How is Montreal coping with the post-Johnny era?  That one time he completed a pass has got to have them jonesing for those days again.

They're on their 3rd string QB Antonio Pipkin of D3 Tiffin (ex-Ole Miss QB Masoli must be hurt) and they just tied it up in the 4th. Things seem to be fine.