2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

12 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Logo_D_tee_Comp.jpg

After messing around with various logos today, (which is much way more fun than working) I couldn't help but agree with TexasTroll. So, I created an entirely new and ownable logo. It's my personal fave. Also, I want to give a shout-out to @LonghornDesigns, who sent in some nice illustrations. Here is a lit Dri-Fit version: 

Surly_D_Logo_Dri_Fit.jpg 

I would like to produce these and make them available on an Etsy page to offset Surly operating costs and build the brand.  

Replace the tongue with a cigarette and give him some stubble to turn the surlyness up to 11.

Either that or have a Derka Dog hanging out of his mouth. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I’d get rid of the tongue and add nostril smoke like Hook’emHooah said.  But I’d definitely buy one and wear it proudly on game day.  Just don’t put it on some Gildan/Russell piece of shit shirt.  

And F.D.D

Rep, Just for your Avatar.

7 hours ago, TexasTroll said:

The girl or the shirt???

im no lawyer and don’t claim to be

yet

im haveing a hard time wrapping my thoughts that a white teeshirt ( watch out fruit of the loom!!)

with a custom artwork cartoon logo of a bull being mad is infringement.

The burnt orange color I get.

but then agian

the Steve Patterson age may have deep tendrals 

You’re an established idiot, so....

Clearly you’d hear from the University on this. I mean it’s obvious. 

16 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

In one of the funniest copyright infringement cases, a record store in Milwaukee once did an ad that stated "We have all of Michael Jackson's music, from when he was a poor, black child to a rich, white man." Just to make sure MJ's legal team didn't miss it, they  mailed it to them. They eventually had to pull it down, but they got a ton of free publicity from it. 

America is the only place where a black boy can grow up to be a white man.

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

There’s a captain joke that you missed. 

I was referring to Navy (largely sea forces, hence water polo) O6 four full stripes versus Army (land forces, hence football) O3 2 bars. Was there a joke deeper than the O6 four bars with which my post jokingly argued? Or did you miss my joke?

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I was referring to Navy (largely sea forces, hence water polo) O6 four full stripes versus Army (land forces, hence football) O3 2 bars. Was there a joke deeper than the O6 four bars with which my post jokingly argued? Or did you miss my joke?

We missed each other’s. You’re thinking military. I’m thinking airline pilot. 

• Like 1

Who's watching the 2006 Texas - Nebraska game on LHN right now? Colt looks like he's 14, and I'm being generous. 

That 2006 Tech was awesome. I got so excited during the comeback that I accidentally hit Dallas Griffin's mom with a elbow. I apologized profusely. 

Any of you young guys on here should catch a game in Lubbock. I strongly recommend sitting in the Texas section with the players' families. Probably the only safe part of the stadium. It's not for the faint of heart, but there's plenty of girls, dove/duck to eat and cold beer.

Who's watching the 2006 Texas - Nebraska game on LHN right now? Colt looks like he's 14, and I'm being generous. 
That 2006 Tech was awesome. I got so excited during the comeback that I accidentally hit Dallas Griffin's mom with a elbow. I apologized profusely. 
Any of you young guys on here should catch a game in Lubbock. I strongly recommend sitting in the Texas section with the players' families. Probably the only safe part of the stadium. It's not for the faint of heart, but there's plenty of girls, dove/duck to eat and cold beer.

Watching the Nebraska game now as well. Announcer says Colt will probably be as good as he will get as a freshman since he’s a coaches son and VY was raw and continued to get better.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Was there in 2006. Was getting a lot of shit from Techsters when we went down by a lot early. Not so much later. Tech alumni center ran out of all booze after the game except Ron Rico. Spilled out into the street to the Longhorns getting on the bus. Me and my buddy took a picture with Colt, he was terrified. Was there in ‘08 too. Fuck. /sort of csb