2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

USC announces Freshman JT Daniels to Starting Qb

Sept 15th....Time for TEXAS Defense to get 6-8 Sacks and 4+ turnovers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792803-usc-football-names-jt-daniels-starting-qb-beats-out-jack-sears-matt-fink

Curious to see how he looks vs the trees. Stanford defense is average at best. sc is absolutely loaded. Reading sc reports they say this Daniels kid is wise beyond his years but he is a true fish.

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

He is an early like year early enrollee. He reclassified himself. Should be just starting senior year. 

He did but I believe he is already 18 and could have been a Senior last year. He is one of those socal, private training from an early age/groomed to play qb. 

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Watching the Nebraska game now as well. Announcer says Colt will probably be as good as he will get as a freshman since he’s a coaches son and VY was raw and continued to get better.

I was watching that game at the Texas Exes bar in Manhattan Beach.  The satellite feed cut out LITERALLY as Bailey’s foot was striking the ball.   I can still hear the uproar that ensued. It was like a scene out of a movie.  Someone stood up on a chair and narrated the rest of the game, relaying info he was getting from a friend on his flip phone. 

It was a roller coaster even after the made FG.  I remember him yelling, “game over!” *CHEERS*  “Wait, there’s a flag!” *NOOOO!*

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

USC announces Freshman JT Daniels to Starting Qb

Sept 15th....Time for TEXAS Defense to get 6-8 Sacks and 4+ turnovers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792803-usc-football-names-jt-daniels-starting-qb-beats-out-jack-sears-matt-fink

Breckyn Hager Big XII Media days "to collect the souls of QBs"

Go to his response at 1:13 to hear the entire quote.

Suffice it to say Breck and Omenihu will be Daniel's undertakers for the evening.

JT is one weird looking 5* QB. He’s built like a middle aged man. His running ability is above average, but it looks very uncoordinated. Not overly athletic. Arm is pretty good. I don’t see any reason we shouldn’t shut his ass down and permanently damage his confidence as a collegiate QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CastHorn said:

JT is one weird looking 5* QB. He’s built like a middle aged man. His running ability is above average, but it looks very uncoordinated. Not overly athletic. Arm is pretty good. I don’t see any reason we shouldn’t shut his ass down and permanently damage his confidence as a collegiate QB.

Daniels_JT_2018.jpg

9 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a rosy outlook.  One could say:

at Maryland (lost to them last year, at home, and they have a better team this year)

vs Tulsa (please win)

vs. USC (lost to them last year, they're loaded)

vs. TCU (haven't come close to beating them in forever)

at Kansas State (purple wizard, etc....)

Just summoning my inner satya.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Like 2

I can’t wait for this season to get underway.  Yesterday, I’m outside enjoying a beer with my dog, Earl (that’s not the dogs given name by my kids, but it’s what a call her when their not around) while grilling some burgers and steaks. I hear my wife yell for my youngest kid to bring another tiki tourch down from the upstairs closet.  My youngest son’s name is Colt (yes I’m a homer).  I hear her yell ... Colt bring another touchdown.  Both the dog and I instinctively stood up to celebrate.  Alas, she said Colt, bring another torch down.

Half of my house has been struggling with allergy issues the past 2-3 weeks.  My wife usually doesn’t get sick, but this morning she walks into the bathroom and says Texas Fight!  Being that she is a Red Raider I looked at her perplexed, and reminded her that she only needs to say Texas!  I’ll respond with the Fight!  She looks at me like I’m a retard and says, honey my chest is tight as in I may be getting sick.  

Saturday cant get her soon enough!  I am so ready for the 2018 Texas Longhorns to turn our fortunes around.  We need to be back!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I can’t wait for this season to get underway.  Yesterday, I’m outside enjoying a beer with my dog, Earl (that’s not the dogs given name by my kids, but it’s what a call her when their not around) while grilling some burgers and steaks. I hear my wife yell for my youngest kid to bring another tiki tourch down from the upstairs closet.  My youngest son’s name is Colt (yes I’m a homer).  I hear her yell ... Colt bring another touchdown.  Both the dog and I instinctively stood up to celebrate.  Alas, she said Colt, bring another torch down.

Half of my house has been struggling with allergy issues the past 2-3 weeks.  My wife usually doesn’t get sick, but this morning she walks into the bathroom and says Texas Fight!  Being that she is a Red Raider I looked at her perplexed, and reminded her that she only needs to say Texas!  I’ll respond with the Fight!  She looks at me like I’m a retard and says, honey my chest is tight as in I may be getting sick.  

Saturday cant get her soon enough!  I am so ready for the 2018 Texas Longhorns to turn our fortunes around.  We need to be back!

I'll have a half of whatever this guy's having.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Breckyn Hager Big XII Media days "to collect the souls of QBs"

Go to his response at 1:13 to hear the entire quote.

Suffice it to say Breck and Omenihu will be Daniel's undertakers for the evening.

Breckyn talks like he is having a conversation with the stoners from the party at the moontower on Dazed & Confused. Martha Washington, man. She was a hip, hip lady.

24 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Yesterday, I’m outside enjoying a beer with my dog, Earl (that’s not the dogs given name by my kids, but it’s what a call her when their not around)

I didn't name my dog Earl, but I'm going to start calling her Earl, too. Fantastic. 

Not sure where to put this, so I will post it a couple of times over the next few weeks.  Doesn't seem worth it's own thread...

Pensacola will have a Texas Exes Chapter this year and we have set up to have 3 game watches at O'Rileys downtown.  Texas v. USC, Texas - OU, and Texas v. WVU.

PM me if you are in the Pensacola, FL area and want details.