25 LSU
LSU
SEC
Record: 9-4

"This poll sucks."
"Seems about right."
"Sniffing glue."
"Totally meaningless."

About the best thing that can be said about preseason polls is that they presage the coming of the season. I don't have a problem with anything on this list other than the inclusion of LSU, which seems kind of laughable, given Coach "What-the-hell-did-he-just-say" and their impending implosion, but even that doesn't really bother me, because, you know, football.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How? The Big 12 is not that strong.

Wiskey and Ohio State sure, buttfucking Pedo State, Michigan State, AND Michigan over TCU and WVU? 

Big 10 is full of cupcakes that make the top teams look strong. 

Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, and Rutgers would all get blown out by an unranked Okie Lite or Iowa State. They have 9 teams that are worse than two mid-tier big 12 teams. K state and TT would probably beat all these crappy teams too. 

It just sucks how the system is setup to have the pre-season ranking numbers have any meaning to the voters who decide the final rankings. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Wiskey and Ohio State sure, buttfucking Pedo State, Michigan State, AND Michigan over TCU and WVU? 

Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, and Rutgers would all get blown out by an unranked Okie Lite or Iowa State. They have 9 teams that are worse than two mid-tier big 12 teams. K state and TT would probably beat all these crappy teams too. 

It just sucks how the system is setup to have the pre-season ranking numbers have any meaning to the voters who decide the final rankings. 

Eh, all of those teams save Michigan won 10 games last year, and the Wolverines picked up Shea Patterson. TCU is replacing its QB, and West Virginia is coming off a 7-6 season...also Northwestern won 10 last year (who knew?). Besides, the Big 10 did go 7-1 last bowl season. I know styles make fights in that situation, but the perception right now is that the league is good.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Ummm what? Michigan St and Penn St are all much better than TCU and WVU. What are you watching?

The Big 10 is better and deeper than the Big 12. It's not even a debate.

I had to go to a 1st and 2nd grade football game this past weekend and I was all into it just because I am having withdraws. Fucking concession stand and smoker was going, the smells of outside during the game and even though it was little kids who ran the same I-right 42 dive every single fucking play and one finally broke off for a 80 yard td and as they lined up for the extra point the press box turned on a song and all the kids instead of lining up started dancing. It's the closest I have gotten to football and I was thoroughly enjoying it all. Yes I even yelled at the refs just because.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ummm what? Michigan St and Penn St are all much better than TCU and WVU. What are you watching?

Disagree on deeper.

The Big 12 has one terrible team.  The Big 10 has about 4.  The 9th place Big 12 team will likely be capable of beating the bottom 25-30% of the Big 10.  The Big 10 is better at the top, unquestionably.

• Like 2

There are a few games the first weekend that will tell us a bunch about top-25 teams: 

Auburn - Washington is a terrific game. AU a more pass-centric team this year?

Tennessee - WVU game will be interesting, especially if the WVU defense struggles.

Michigan - Notre Dame should be a lot of fun. The level of hate among fans who have no dog in the fight will be high.

Miami - LSU will be a lot of fun, the beginning of the end of Coach O?

Virginia Tech - FSU is an interesting matchup as well. FSU QB play improves?

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

I admire your enthusiasm but we play at Iowa week 2 and while I feel good about it we've never blown them out in Iowa City.  Blow-outs, no.  But I'd love a shot at all those big ten teams.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

There are a few games the first weekend that will tell us a bunch about top-25 teams: 

Auburn - Washington is a terrific game. AU a more pass-centric team this year?

Tennessee - WVU game will be interesting, especially if the WVU defense struggles.

Michigan - Notre Dame should be a lot of fun. The level of hate among fans who have no dog in the fight will be high.

Miami - LSU will be a lot of fun, the beginning of the end of Coach O?

Virginia Tech - FSU is an interesting matchup as well. FSU QB play improves?

Not in top 25, but I'll be flipping over during commercial breaks of Texas/Maryland to FAU/OUsucks.  That could be an interesting game.  Wish they were playing at 2:30.

55 minutes ago, Goodman said:

They are loaded, absolutely loaded. I think they finish ranked higher than 15. 

I think 15 is about right. They have a lot of talent but there Defense should drop off. JT Daniels will be a great QB, but Fink will probably start at the beginning of the season. I don’t think he will do much.

58 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Since 2012 when the B12 in its current state was formed we are 10-9 vs the B10. 

Iowa st is 2-4 vs Iowa

B12 3-2 in bowl games

To say it's not even a debate is silly. Any argument either way is just bias. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Since 2012 when the B12 in its current state was formed we are 10-9 vs the B10. 

Iowa st is 2-4 vs Iowa

B12 3-2 in bowl games

To say it's not even a debate is silly. Any argument either way is just bias. 

Pretty sure he's talking specifically about this year. TCU has a shot to be really good, but Shawn Robinson will have to show some accuracy. WVU is a head scratcher for me. Everyone is high on them because of Grier, but I just don't see it. Michigan State should be pretty good, but Penn State has a lot to prove with Moorhead and Barkley gone. We'll find out if it was the personnel or the coaching that caused that shit show of an offense before Moorhead got there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Disagree, Sparty and Pedo aren't better than the frogs, maybe even with WVU. 

Just because all of these "lock down defenses" can stop Minnesota doesn't really mean shit.

25 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Pretty sure he's talking specifically about this year. TCU has a shot to be really good, but Shawn Robinson will have to show some accuracy. WVU is a head scratcher for me. Everyone is high on them because of Grier, but I just don't see it. Michigan State should be pretty good, but Penn State has a lot to prove with Moorhead and Barkley gone. We'll find out if it was the personnel or the coaching that caused that shit show of an offense before Moorhead got there.

Understood. Well if he is talking about this year and asked what we are watching.. I'm assuming Sparty and Pedo spring games must have popped out to em. 

18 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Understood. Well if he is talking about this year and asked what we are watching.. I'm assuming Sparty and Pedo spring games must have popped out to em. 

Based on how both those athletic departments have been run, I'm sure lots of things have popped out at lots of people...

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not in top 25, but I'll be flipping over during commercial breaks of Texas/Maryland to FAU/OUsucks.  That could be an interesting game.  Wish they were playing at 2:30.

That’s why god created the setting up the second tv in the living room. Praise be unto him

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It’s not just Barkley and Moorhead. It’s the top 3 receiving targets, including Gesickie, the big TE that went up and got all the poorly thrown balls that mcsorley tossed at him. Granted they are likely significantly better at WR this year and have another 5* RB that looked pretty good in limited action.

On the other side of the ball they lose both starting DT, 2/3 of the LBs and all 4 in the secondary. Even with all of those losses, the talent level filling in looks to be higher. They should be better on the DL and in the secondary. Razor thin at LB with really only one MLB.

They have question marks at every position except OL, which should be better and QB, which is overrated but will manage to pull off some shit out of nowhere. 

They could go for another 10-11 wins or collapse and end up losing to osu, um, MSU, and wiscy, hell plus maybe Iowa and pitt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

If he were talking about just this year, he'd note that Penn State lost a ton as well. They've had 5 guys, including one returning defensive starter, medically retire this summer. They lost one of the elite backs in the sport over the last decade, and they lost an AA tight end. Franklin has had the ball bounce his way plenty in the past few years, and we'll see if that trend continues, but he's not Gary Patterson. Trace McSorley isn't Will Grier either. The love for Penn State is going to look somewhat comical at the end of this season when they're sitting on 7-6. They'll be gargling our balls, if you will. Thread incoming. 

Also, this is Vic Mackey you guys are reacting to, and that matters. He's an underinformed NFL honk with a penchant for frontrunning when it comes to fandom, especially at the CFB level. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If he were talking about just this year, he'd note that Penn State lost a ton as well. They've had 5 guys, including one returning defensive starter, medically retire this summer. They lost one of the elite backs in the sport over the last decade, and they lost an AA tight end. Franklin has had the ball bounce his way plenty in the past few years, and we'll see if that trend continues, but he's not Gary Patterson. Trace McSorley isn't Will Grier either. The love for Penn State is going to look somewhat comical at the end of this season when they're sitting on 7-6. They'll be gargling our balls, if you will. Thread incoming. 

Also, this is Vic Mackey you guys are reacting to, and that matters. He's an underinformed NFL honk with a penchant for frontrunning when it comes to fandom, especially at the CFB level. 

Congrats for not mentioning PSL - plus sized latinas.

22 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Congrats for not mentioning PSL - plus sized latinas.

That shit stopped being funny years ago. If it wasn't for low class, he'd have no class at all. I get it, but to each their own on that kind of thing. It takes away from his points, or the ability to address said points, when his tastes in women or food get brought into the equation.

No surprise,  Bohls'  ballot does not rate Texas but places KState at 19.

Excerpts:

My ballot includes five Big 12 teams, but not Texas, which made the poll at No. 23 without my vote. I just think the Longhorns need to prove themselves before I buy in. With their front-loaded schedule, we should know the answer by mid-October.

So there you have it, a little insight to the upcoming season or more likely just stuff to line your birdcage.

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/college-football/bohls-call-crazy-just-burned-out-bama-but-clemson/9YkiXI0j7C7LWhSJzrxCPP/

BOHLS’ BALLOT

Kirk Bohls’ AP Top 25 preseason ballot. Numbers in parenthesis are where that team ended up on the AP poll:

1. Clemson (2nd)

2. Alabama (1st)

3. Georgia (3rd)

4. Ohio State (5th)

5. Michigan State (11th)

6. Wisconsin (4th)

7. Washington (6th)

8. Miami (8th)

9. Oklahoma (7th)

10. Penn State (10th)

11. Stanford (13th)

12. Auburn (9th)