2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, ckhorn said:

If Correa is not healthy enough to hit in the last 4 or 5 games and swing the bat with bad intentions. He doesn't need to take up a spot on the play off roster. We'll roll with Marwin and Breggs. He probably is going to need surgery. I bet he has a disc issue or torn muscle.

Should have traded him for Machado when we had the chance.  The same time all you dumbasses negged me for considering such an idea.

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I guess you prefer guys that have an OPS of .480, 1 HR and 13 RBI over a guy that does .803, 11 and 31.  To each his own.

If they were both free agents after the year is over, then sure...but obviously nobody is trading a star-level player (yes he is, despite his lost 2018 season) with years of team control for a rental. If the club doesn't believe in Correa long-term, they should trade him - not for an imminent FA, but for a useful veteran or two plus a team's top 2-3 prospects, because that's the kind of return you should get for Correa. But that isn't happening anytime soon either. 

If your argument is that Machado is the better player, I doubt anyone would fight you much. But their "value" to a team necessarily includes their contracts