2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

The friggin bandwagoners are gonna kill me this year. No baseball etiquette or knowledge at all. Walking up and down the aisles during at bats. It really was amateur hour out there tonight.

To be fair, it’s amateur hour on opening day every year.
It’s like the New Years Eve of baseball.

Ill give wiggy credit on one thing, he didnt jump on the bandwagon the past few years. Nice guy. I think when you dress up like those 2 , you are making it about yourself and not the team. Dont understand why people feel the need to do it.

Anybody giving Wiggy shit needs to go thru me. That dude has thrown down that look thru some pretty horrid seasons on a consistent basis. (Home and away at times.) He deserves big time credit for not being a band wagon fan firstly and sticking with his team (and look) thru the years.

The above also applies to Asian sign Lady and that dude with the big Mexican hat/mustache as well.

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I had a sad moment the other day.  I was wearing my World Series Champs hoodie and I realized that the next time it's cold enough for a World Series Champs hoodie, I'll be wearing a different one.  And I started to miss the one from 2017 already.  Dynasty problems, man.

I’m about to put my hoodie and 10 caps into cold storage forever. 

4 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

One note from last night is JD Davis looked like a legit first baseman....Took me back to the Bagwell days the way he was stretching out to get short hop throws.

Yeah, Davis was a vacuum cleaner out there. Very impressed with his play at 1B.

Why all the Wiggy hate?  I have a great appreciation for that dude.  Hell, the way he has supported the team for years he should get a ring today.  Or at least get to ride on one of the fire trucks in the parade this year.

Prob because there are hundreds of other fans who would deserve that as well yet they don't dress up like Flavor Flav so no one knows who they are.

I personally dont give a shit one way or another. I know the dude has been around, but i know plenty who have been around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:
23 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:
Why all the Wiggy hate?  I have a great appreciation for that dude.  Hell, the way he has supported the team for years he should get a ring today.  Or at least get to ride on one of the fire trucks in the parade this year.

Prob because there are hundreds of other fans who would deserve that as well yet they don't dress up like Flavor Flav so no one knows who they are.

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

One thing I learned last year is Hinch doesn't always speak the truth on these matters.  

Hinch channels his inner hockey coach very well on this subject.

translation: Correa’s foot is bruised, but he wasn’t missing the start for THAT game because of it.

One thing I learned last year is Hinch doesn't always speak the truth on these matters.  

Yep. I read that to mean “10 day DL when he doesn’t play tonight because they wanted to give him an extra day... or tomorrow because it’s a day game... and then Thursday is an off day. So friday he goes on the DL retro to today.”

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Yep. I read that to mean “10 day DL when he doesn’t play tonight because they wanted to give him an extra day... or tomorrow because it’s a day game... and then Thursday is an off day. So friday he goes on the DL retro to today.”

I wonder if they hear from the commissioners office on a retro one given the 5 game suspension.  Could be looked at as gaming it

Only two days left until the minors schedule kicks off. Obviously we will have a nightly Ted Tucker Watch but I'm  interested in seeing what guys like Armenteros, Alvarez, Valdez, and Perez do and will also be watching the box scores of last year's top draft picks. Notably, the organization is starting 2nd rd pick and Aggie Corbin Martin at High A Buies Creek with #1 pick Bukauskas at low A Quad Cities. Make of it what you will.

12 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

The friggin bandwagoners are gonna kill me this year. No baseball etiquette or knowledge at all. Walking up and down the aisles during at bats. It really was amateur hour out there tonight.

This drives me nuts too.  I don't recall if they do it now, but Minute Maid should have the attendants hold people returning to seats at the top of the stairs until the teams are switching sides.  I've seen it done at Pac Bell, Comerica, and CitiField.  It cuts down on foot traffic during an inning, both up and down 

This drives me nuts too.  I don't recall if they do it now, but Minute Maid should have the attendants hold people returning to seats at the top of the stairs until the teams are switching sides.  I've seen it done at Pac Bell, Comerica, and CitiField.  It cuts down on foot traffic during an inning, both up and down 

An entire half inning?
You’re crazy.
They do hold them until in between at-bats, at least in the 2%er field box sections down first and third baselines

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:
5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

An entire half inning?
You’re crazy.
They do hold them until in between at-bats, at least in the 2%er field box sections down first and third baselines

Only so they don't get killed. Not to help game watching

Some might argue that not witnessing  fellow spectators being killed improves  game watching.

Those people are weak.

Edited by formermav43