2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

On 9/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, henrygandorf said:

if you could make a deal with the (baseball) devil, would you trade a world series victory this year for not making the playoffs for the next 15 years?

Nope.  I'd rather just let our current squad and minor league system play out.  There should be multiple championships coming.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Will it be possible to watch the game on Friday on TBS' website in a browser?  It was easy to watch the games on ESPN last year.

I have DTV and pretty sure I can log in and watch from there.  But i would assume TBS will let you watch on their site with a valid cable login probably.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I have DTV and pretty sure I can log in and watch from there.  But i would assume TBS will let you watch on their site with a valid cable login probably.

I can do the same, but it will look better straight from their site.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

they must not think morton is healthy because if he was, he's starting game 3 over DK

disagree.  i think they realize morty can contribute from the pen, while dallas cannot. 

i stand by my statement that i'd rather dallas pitch a home game or not at all.  i would assume he'll have a short fucking leash in g3, especially if we're 1-1.  morty/lmj will be at the ready.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

disagree.  i think they realize morty can contribute from the pen, while dallas cannot. 

i stand by my statement that i'd rather dallas pitch a home game or not at all.  i would assume he'll have a short fucking leash in g3, especially if we're 1-1.  morty/lmj will be at the ready.

They see a strong history in that park for Keuchel and a good rep against most of that lineup. His blowup 1st innings have mostly been at home this season(including  a bad 1st vs Indians at home) I’d much rather the opportunity to go out and set the tone before he steps on the mound these days.

23 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Kemp would be a slight improvement over Evan Gattis as a PR.  He's not very fast.

According to statcast you are correct!  Top speed exactly equal to Yuli in fact.  No where close to "fast".  Gattis is slower though.

Fisher and Marsinick are the fastest guys we have.  Is Fisher alive?

27 minutes ago, huge said:

According to statcast you are correct!  Top speed exactly equal to Yuli in fact.  No where close to "fast".  Gattis is slower though.

Fisher and Marsinick are the fastest guys we have.  Is Fisher alive?

Have a statcast on Straw? Because he's probably faster than both of those guys, and Fisher can flat out fly.

6 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Have a statcast on Straw? Because he's probably faster than both of those guys, and Fisher can flat out fly.

yep - straw is probably the fastest guy in our organization. i think i read that somewhere, or maybe it was referenced in some story/article over the past year.