Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

are cobras that big of assholes that they just slither around looking for something to bite? the fuck?

technically, the cat swung first.   

the cobra looked like it had bad intentions and you see the cat kinda half asleep go wide-eyed, which caused the cobra to react and rear up.

But the cat absolutely threw the first paw.   and the cobra reacted to being swung at... after a few minor hits, cobra said fuk this and peace out.

3 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Spikes up!

That man's life and career should have been made into a movie.  Pitched drunk more innings than we can count.  Finishing the game after a lightning strike is just beyond insane to me considering now a situational reliever will be pulled from the game and given a multi-day rest if he goes over 15 pitches. 

Follows it up with a no-hitter against his former Yankee team whom he hated because they wouldn't release him to go work for a shipbuilding company to avoid the draft in 1918.  In those days, a skilled tradesman could defer his WWI draft.  Caldwell had no skills though, so he invented a baseball team for the shipbuilding company and was its star player.  He finished 9th in the AL in home runs in 1915 despite being a pitcher.  Stole 23 bases in his pitching career as well.  

Despite his drinking and baseball prowess, he lived to the ripe old age of 80 as a farmer, railroad worker, and bartender.  Married 4 times.  

With all due respect to bloody sock Schilling, you may finish the game like a hardcore badass but you'll never be finish the game after a lightning bolt to the fucking head hardcore badass.  RIP Ray Caldwell.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That man's life and career should have been made into a movie.  Pitched drunk more innings than we can count.  Finishing the game after a lightning strike is just beyond insane to me considering now a situational reliever will be pulled from the game and given a multi-day rest if he goes over 15 pitches. 

Follows it up with a no-hitter against his former Yankee team whom he hated because they wouldn't release him to go work for a shipbuilding company to avoid the draft in 1918.  In those days, a skilled tradesman could defer his WWI draft.  Caldwell had no skills though, so he invented a baseball team for the shipbuilding company and was its star player.  He finished 9th in the AL in home runs in 1915 despite being a pitcher.  Stole 23 bases in his pitching career as well.  

Despite his drinking and baseball prowess, he lived to the ripe old age of 80 as a farmer, railroad worker, and bartender.  Married 4 times.  

With all due respect to bloody sock Schilling, you may finish the game like a hardcore badass but you'll never be finish the game after a lightning bolt to the fucking head hardcore badass.  RIP Ray Caldwell.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.

damn did you already know all that or did you have to look it up? pretty interesting. 

• Like 1

"Well, How many innings did he pitch after the lightning strike?"

"1/3rd"

"A third?  That's it?  How many innings do you pitch in a regular lightning storm, like 7?"  

10 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

technically, the cat swung first.   

the cobra looked like it had bad intentions and you see the cat kinda half asleep go wide-eyed, which caused the cobra to react and rear up.

But the cat absolutely threw the first paw.   and the cobra reacted to being swung at... after a few minor hits, cobra said fuk this and peace out.

When a goodamn cobra throws you the stink eye, you gotta go in on him HARD.  Cat made the really only play he could.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When a goodamn cobra throws you the stink eye, you gotta go in on him HARD.  Cat made the really only play he could.  

Lost all respect for cobras a few years ago when I saw that guy from India in some concrete area surrounded by 50 of them and he kept slapping them on the head when they got ornery. Aggy snek.
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I knew a good part of it, had to look up a few specifics real quick.  It's here in my book, "Astonishing Tales of the Baseball"  

HOF Ed Delahanty is an interesting read.  He either committed suicide by jumping off a train going over Niagara Falls, was thrown off for being a belligerent drunk and threatening to kill someone with a straight razor, or accidentally fell off because he was so hammered.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Just telling you what I get from the Startlegram

Wasn't paywalled for me either, but it may be one of those sites where you get a couple articles for free before you hit a paywall. Either way, the description in the post was all you really need. West African Banded Cobra is loose in a Grand Prairie neighborhood. Officials advise people not to try catching it.

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Wasn't paywalled for me either, but it may be one of those sites where you get a couple articles for free before you hit a paywall. Either way, the description in the post was all you really need. West African Banded Cobra is loose in a Grand Prairie neighborhood. Officials advise people not to try catching it.

Read it on the CBS-11 page. I haven't been able to access Startlegram stories for several months since they changed their paywall. Before all you had to do was stop the page loading before the paywall hit. Now it goes straight to the paywall. Trust me, I'd love to read their local stuff.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I can finally say, with literal accuracy...

Breakin' 3 looks lit as fuck. 

If Paris doesn't get this guy to light the torch from his sick windmill moves at the 2024 Olympics, since breakdancing will be a new event, they can suck it.