Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I was at this.  One of my earliest memories.  They had a demolition derby beforehand which was maybe even more awesome.

I was not at this, but I watched it live on Wide World of Sports from Green Valley Raceway.

10 hours ago, brakeman said:

he never hit the breaks. i would bet he was asleep early in the accident with the cruise control engaged. sure, what an asshole.

username doesn't check out...

really?

Edited by slorch

On 7/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Born Burnt said:

If you haven't seen this, you should...

Watched last night.  Thanks for the tip.  Great stuff.

The shit that went down with the Hell's Angels after the San Francisco jump.  Evel's people / fans putting a beating on the Hell's Angels was high comedy.  The one guy just waylaid an Angel with a barricade.

Having spent so much time in Vegas the Caesar's jump has always fascinated me.  Evel basically conned the Caesar's owner into doing the jump.  3 total jumps were scheduled on 3 different days within a week.  Obviously didn't make it past jump 1.  Total pay to Evel:  $4,500, a room at Caesar's and free food and drink.  And the footage below is some of the most famous in "sports" history. It was shot by Linda Evans, the same Linda Evans from Dynasty.  She was married to John Derek at the time (below)  He and Evel had agreed to do a biopic.  The night before the jump Derek pulled out when Knieval told him the jump would fail. Derek said he'd go ahead and film the jump because is was too later to find anyone to shoot it. Derek filmed the crowd and had his wife stand at the end of the ramp and film, and the rest is history.

linda-evans-and-then-husband-john-derek-

• Like 1

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is more "he had it coming" than "holy shit", but still.

19 hours ago, brakeman said:

he never hit the breaks. i would bet he was asleep early in the accident with the cruise control engaged. sure, what an asshole.

9 hours ago, futureman said:

that motherfucker cruising in the fast lane is indeed an asshole. completely agree. 

The guy recording was going over 100mph, there had to be some previous shenanigans going on before the video. 

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Screenshot-2021-07-19-082923

legit dukes of hazzard holy shit.....

but HOLY FUCK, SHUT THE FUCK UP WOMEN!   

you werent hit,  you werent part of the accident or even had anything to do with it.   yes, very dramatic accident, and most likely people are hurt.... so STOP FUCKING SCREAMING and yelling at each other and start to see if you can help them.  (other than the guy who was talking to 911)

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1