Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, retread said:

It's not like we haven't watched this play out for the last decade. Catholic Priests, Penn St., Olympic gymnists, etc. All abused, and the vast majority kept silent for years. Turning a blind eye to this just enable future abusers.

Yep- we need more of this- (not the act itself obviously the reaction)

6 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

She should go now to the local Maryland police. See what they say since no longer a secret. Whoever leaked her name to the press took care of that.

She should have done that 35 or 30 years ago.  Keeping silent was the worst thing she should have done in retrospect.  She should have told her friends.  Told her parents.  Why wouldn't she tell her parents?  Maybe being 15 and drinking at a party would inhibit telling her parents?  Waiting certainly didn't help.

• Fuck You 3

In 2016 I was a moderate.  Socially liberal, fiscally conservative, but not quite a libertarian.  I would have considered voting for Kasich had he won the nomination.
Now?  I will probably never be able to vote for a Republican in my life.  I find the lot of you disgusting in ways I can't even describe.  It bothers me that you even exist.
I wonder how many of me there are...

Hi! I’ve been voting Libertarian or democrat for a long, long time. The GOP has lost me.

1 minute ago, zork said:

She should have done that 35 or 30 years ago.  Keeping silent was the worst thing she should have done in retrospect.  She should have told her friends.  Told her parents.  Why wouldn't she tell her parents?  Maybe being 15 and drinking at a party would inhibit telling her parents?  Waiting certainly didn't help.

How many survivors of sexual abuse, assault or violence do you know? They usually don't tell. They often blame themselves and they often don't think they will be believed. A 65 year old woman called C-Span today and described how she was assaulted by an older boy at a party when she was 15. She began her story by saying "of course I was not as blameless as Dr Ford."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

LIndsay Graham is your next attorney general. Calling it now. 

I think you might be right. And I wonder what the Russians have on the guy. 

And yeah Hugo I know he’s gay. Nobody cares about that since its not the 1950s. 

I’m sure that’s not what it may or may not be about. He’s done a complete 180 after his private golf sessions though with the leader of the crime syndicate currently in charge of our country.  

Edited by JimmyJames

5 minutes ago, zork said:

Maybe being 15 and drinking at a party would inhibit telling her parents? 

Maybe?

You fucking dumbass.  You clearly haven't been reading any of the countless stories of women relating EXACTLY that calculus from back in the day.  There are literally thousands of stories JUST LIKE THAT all over the web right now.

I think you might be right. And I wonder what the Russians have on the guy. 
And yeah Hugo I know he’s gay. Nobody cares about that since its not the 1950s. 
 I’m sure that’s not what it may or may not be about. He’s done a complete 180 after his private golf sessions though with the leader of the crime syndicate currently in charge of our country.  

The people voting for him care.

Just now, Lurch said:

The people voting for him care.

Maybe so. And I’m not saying there is something or not. But his current actions are completely different than how he was earlier. Something has changed. I guess I’m like a cop. I don’t usually believe in coincidences. 

Jesus. You're usually pretty tone deaf but this is incredible. Did Bill Cosby, Larry Nassar, the Catholic Church scandals, etc. not happen in your world?
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

She looks acts and acts like she suffered abuse but it wasn't by Kavanaugh. It would have turned up in first FBI background check. If not the first one, surely for the one before he worked in the white house. 

Yeah, no.  A simple look at his yearbook entries and the entries of those he hung out with would raise a lot of red flags that he was fucking around quite a bit.  But he was also "one of them" - no, not the Deep State, but an East Coast elite, and there were plenty of those in Washington that vouched for each other, allowing background checks to probably go through faster than a peon from Texas.

It comes down to having a clean record, and who the folks doing the background check actually talk to.  When I went into the military, I had to go through a background check, and I was sweating bullets, because I knew if they talked to the wrong (or right depending on your view) people, my character would be called into question.   I wasn't trying to rape anybody or anything either, but, as an example, my trips to Mexico might have raised some red flags to somebody who wasn't from Texas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, no.  A simple look at his yearbook entries and the entries of those he hung out with would raise a lot of red flags that he was fucking around quite a bit.  But he was also "one of them" - no, not the Deep State, but an East Coast elite, and there were plenty of those in Washington that vouched for each other, allowing background checks to probably go through faster than a peon from Texas.

It comes down to having a clean record, and who the folks doing the background check actually talk to.  When I went into the military, I had to go through a background check, and I was sweating bullets, because I knew if they talked to the wrong (or right depending on your view) people, my character would be called into question.   I wasn't trying to rape anybody or anything either, but, as an example, my trips to Mexico might have raised some red flags to somebody who wasn't from Texas.

I’m gonna go on record that I never visited boys town and never saw the donkey show. But I heard quite a lot about it from people I knew who did. 

And I’ve got a letter signed by 65 women backing that up in case I need it. So case closed. 

10 minutes ago, zork said:

I hope you have a bunch of daughters someday.

But I hope none of them ever have to ask to speak to you alone, and start off the conversation with "dad, I was at a party last night and something happened."

Just now, Huckleberry said:
9 minutes ago, zork said:

Jesus. You're usually pretty tone deaf but this is incredible. Did Bill Cosby, Larry Nassar, the Catholic Church scandals, etc. not happen in your world?

Did those scandals get solved because people remained silent or because some of the brave souls spoke up, to parents, trusted individuals, etc?  Speak up to protect yourself and others who might unknowingly go to 9 or10 extra parties with quaalude punch.(assuming it is/was known that is/was going on)  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zork said:

Did those scandals get solved because people remained silent or because some of the brave souls spoke up, to parents, trusted individuals, etc?  Speak up to protect yourself and others who might unknowingly go to 9 or10 extra parties with quaalude punch.(assuming it is/was known that is/was going on)  

4QSy.gif

Yes, brave people spoke up. Many of them decades after the abuse.

You seem ignorant.

15 minutes ago, zork said:

I got my ass kicked once.  I was 12 and he was 17.  I fought back, but he was way too strong.  It was embarrassing and emasculating.

You know what worse?

Having to explain to everyone in school why my eye was swelled shut and purple.  I lied and said there were two of them and I got one but the other got me.  Etc.

I can tell this story as an adult.  I couldn't as a youth.  If I'd had the choice to never speak of it to anyone, you bet your ass I wouldn't have.

Now multiply this by ten million.  Who am I, who are you, who are any of us to tell that young lady how she should've responded to what happened to her?

And we wonder why so many rapes go unreported.  Look at the response the victims often get.  

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I think this is right. They gotta line up their talking points on why and etc.

It’s been “peace with honor” this whole time.

Kavanaugh wasn’t trying to get on the Supreme Court today.  He was trying to crush the libs along with the GOP Senators.

They knew this thing was cooked from dawn.  

Kavanaugh the martyr strategy in full effect. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

White House clearance to be the secretary for Bush is a heavy duty deal and this sort of behavior is what they look for. They look for it because of its potential to be used as blackmail. Imagine the value of a person who sees Bush daily being compromised.

Edited by Dolemite

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
15 minutes ago, zork said:

Read more  

I know your the king og holier than thou, but the comparison of systemic abuse cases to whatever Kavanaugh is ACCUSED of is retarded.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Kavanaugh wasn’t trying to get on the Supreme Court today.  He was trying to crush the libs. 

I agree with that.  Bill Shine out front shoulda told you.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I hope you have a bunch of daughters someday.

But I hope none of them ever have to ask to speak to you alone, and start off the conversation with "dad, I was at a party last night and something happened."

I have one of each, both 10 and under.  We are starting early on how no matter what you can trust us.  Probably won't matter but we are trying to be understanding and preaching that we can't help you with X if we don't know it is happening.  There have been a few events from school that have already come to our attention due to communication from them to us.  We reiterate as often as we can.  

It is understandable that she didn't tell anyone for any amount of reasons.  Just that because she didn't it was not a slam dunk that it could have been if there had been corroboration of any kind.  Or put it in a diary or something if you can't tell in the X amount of years.  

Lindsey Graham was met with applause and cheers when he walked into the GOP meeting this evening.  His little speech to me sounded like the last gasps and screeches of the white male establishment clinging to a life raft after Durbin’s cornering of BK about the fbi investigation. 

As a female I feel even more alienated than I did November 2016. 

I will be more surprised if he’s not confirmed.

• Like 2

White House clearance to be the secretary for Bush is a heavy duty deal and this sort of behavior is what they look for. They look for it because of its potential to be used as blackmail. 
So now the GWB administration is on the up and up? According to you they covered up the 9/11 inside job but you think they played a background check by the book?
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

White House clearance to be the secretary for Bush is a heavy duty deal and this sort of behavior is what they look for. They look for it because of its potential to be used as blackmail. 

He'd been out of high school for nearly 20 years.  I have a hard time believing they'd poke through his yearbook.

Hell, look at his little debts that popped up and then disappeared.  Honestly, that raises more flags for me, than whether he was drinking and groping in the 80s.

• Like 2

I know your the king og holier than thou, but the comparison of systemic abuse cases to whatever Kavanaugh is ACCUSED of is retarded.
This post makes zero sense. What does it have to do with an alleged holier-than-thou attitude? And I didn't compare the cases, I pointed out that at this point anyone who doesn't live under a rock understands that abuse victims frequently don't tell anyone for years if ever.

Try to be a better thinker.
  • Like 1

Kavanaugh wasn’t trying to get on the Supreme Court today.  He was trying to crush the libs. 

You can tell it was done when the republicans took over for the prosecutor lady and started spewing partisan dribble
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zork said:

I have one of each, both 10 and under.  We are starting early on how no matter what you can trust us.  Probably won't matter but we are trying to be understanding and preaching that we can't help you with X if we don't know it is happening.  There have been a few events from school that have already come to our attention due to communication from them to us.  We reiterate as often as we can.  

It is understandable that she didn't tell anyone for any amount of reasons.  Just that because she didn't it was not a slam dunk that it could have been if there had been corroboration of any kind.  Or put it in a diary or something if you can't tell in the X amount of years.  

If your kids put you on a pedestal, as many kids do, it's going to be a lot harder for them to tell you than you think, both because they will blame themselves, and because they don't want you being ashamed of them.  It doesn't matter how much you tell them you would not be ashamed of them, they will still feel some shame.

And it's worse in the social media age, where a few photos can be blasted out to hundreds in a few minutes, unlike whispered rumors slowly making their way around school when we were kids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

This post makes zero sense. What does it have to do with an alleged holier-than-thou attitude? And I didn't compare the cases, I pointed out that at this point anyone who doesn't live under a rock understands that abuse victims frequently don't tell anyone for years if ever.

Try to be a better thinker.

Yup, you’re down to earth.