Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

As a white man, let me thank you for helping to preserve my proper place in society.

Now go and wrap those brown lips around some white man's cock in exchange for some meth, which is your proper place in society.

I just saw this. Ha.

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Also his weird reluctance to sign off on an FBI investigation.  Anyone who is that emotionally upset about being falsely accused should also welcome any and all investigations to clear their name.

i don't necessarily think that is weird. if someone suggested an fbi investigation into my life, i would also be reticent.

however, his emotion mask, mostly on the anger side, was the biggest tell for me. 

his testimony is not aging well. for some reason, i think it resonated very well in the immediate aftermath of the testimony, but as people think about it and pick it apart a bit more, it looks desperate.

Just now, tantric superman said:

Don't want them to chase every little bit of dirt.  Just want them to see if Kavanaugh was misleading the committee.  He's the guy who brought up the choir boy bullshit when everyone knows he partied serious.

I understand that you'd like that.  I don't think Kavanaugh's sponsors want that.  They need to get 51 votes or move to a new nominee quickly. 

I believe they've had serious heart-to-hearts with the Senators in question and have structured a quick process which addresses their concerns.  I think the sponsors would be idiots to embark on anything else.  If F, C & M aren't on board with that it would be time to vote and then, presumably, move to a new nominee.  I believe that the Dems are being given an opportunity to produce a witness to either (1) the existence of the Ford party, or (2) Kavanaugh exposing himself to Debbie.  I believe that F, C & M have agreed that, absent any such witness or something explosive, they're a "yes".

And I believe that there is no such witness.  People who recount hearing the rumors won't count.

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

giphy.gif

I get the feeling that the phrase "sexual predator, a gang rapist, and a bumbling stumbling alcoholic" tested well in riling up the morons - Lindsay repeats it every fucking chance he gets.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't necessarily think that is weird. if someone suggested an fbi investigation into my life, i would also be reticent.

however, his emotion mask, mostly on the anger side, was the biggest tell for me. 

his testimony is not aging well. for some reason, i think it resonated very well in the immediate aftermath of the testimony, but as people think about it and pick it apart a bit more, it looks desperate.

I think this explains Lindsay Graham too.  I think he saw Ford's and Kavanaugh's testimony and knew it was a disaster so he had to yell and shoot spittle every where just to distract people from what they just saw.  He decided to embarrass himself in order to hide the ball.  Now Graham's distraction has faded into the background and people are thinking about the witnesses.

Just now, Message Board User said:

So what are you hiding?

your mom, in my basement.

no, really, i don't know. the idea of someone turning over every rock in my background is uncomfortable.

but also, if i was in front of that committee and people asked me uncomfortable questions about my past, i would be as honest as my memory allowed and let the chips fall where they may.

"yeah, i got drunk in college and in high school. it was a big part of the environment in which i found myself. subsequently, i saw my friend, mark judge, fall prey to serious addiction issues, and it was a sobering reality for me that i was being irresponsible at that time. i've since grown into the man you see before you from the child i was then."

blah blah blah, don't fucking lie about it. just own it. it's not hard.

the shit he lied about is so stupid to lie about, it makes one wonder about what else has he so easily lied.

• Like 4

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/30/brett-kavanaugh-witnesses-stick-denials-fbi-invest/

Key witnesses have renewed their definitive statements that they did not see any of the sexual misconduct that a few women have said they suffered at the hands of Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, bolstering his case as the FBI gets into the heart of its investigation.

Republicans on Sunday said absent any major new revelations, senators on the fence are likely to vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh.

1 minute ago, retread said:

imo, BK's yelling was that of a man that knows he has disqualifying things in his past to hide.

Lindsey sounded like a man making a show that would be acceptable to his handler, DOTUS.

And it could have just been the yelling of a guy completely fucking pissed he's being accused of something so heinous. I'd be unhinged if somebody accused me of sexual assault.  

I have no idea what it meant, but the more I see of him the less supreme he looks.  The definitions of games he played and the other terms seemed odd. And I'd be demanding an investigation to clear my name.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The democrats were gonna make the republicans pay for the last SCOTUS appointment . just admit it. Kavannnaugh was a gift apparent;y.

Neil Gorsuch. 

And don't nominate an alcohol abuser that lies and becomes unhinged during a line of questioning. It's not that fucking hard. 

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The democrats were gonna make the republicans pay for the last SCOTUS appointment . just admit it. Kavannnaugh was a gift apparent;y.

well, except they weren't, probably, until the accuser came forward. his confirmation hearing up until that point was fairly rote, except for some troubling dissembling and trouble with the direct truth that he likely would've gotten away with, prior to dr ford speaking up.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Neil Gorsuch. 

And don't nominate an alcohol abuser that lies and becomes unhinged during a line of questioning. It's not that fucking hard. 

Hey I'm not arguing that one bit, but to say they weren't going to make it difficult unless the reincarnated ghost of Thurgood Marshall were being nominated, is less than honest.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, except they weren't, probably, until the accuser came forward. his confirmation hearing up until that point was fairly rote, except for some troubling dissembling and trouble with the direct truth that he likely would've gotten away with, prior to dr ford speaking up.

Jesus Christ stop it. That dog won't hunt. 

9 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The odds the Democrat reaction to Kavanaugh, had he sat there in a "judicial manner" and gave short concise answers, would be that he portrayed the characteristics of a judge are exactly ZERO.

That's not really the point.  He didn't do that.  Had he done that and the Democrats come back with that sort of reaction, then people like Lindsay Graham complaining about partisan posturing might have a valid point.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You guys keep thinking those who are not like you would nevertheless behave exactly as you would in their shoes. It's very strange.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'd be unhinged if somebody accused me of sexual assault.  

Well you are always unhinged bro.

But seriously, I'm not even up for a SC seat, and there's no way I would ever let myself act like that in public. Full stop. I would rather die than be so weak to lose my composure in front of the entire country. You could say I'm Bin Laden, don't care, it's not gonna happen because I'm not an emotionally fragile bitch. I will never let myself be the victim and have nothing but for contempt for any wanna be gown man that does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

He has went through six background checks, and will most likely go through more in the future were he to stay out of SCOTUS.  He picked a profession(s) that was going to require multiple checks.  

I get what you’re saying, and I would be slightly leery, and that’s after I went through one over 20 years ago when I was in the Army, and I went through another one about  15 years ago when I went to work in a division of a tech company that had government contracts (NASA, DOD). 

But he seems to be a part of he ever-growing line of Trump assistants/hangers-on that thought they hit the jackpot, only to have their past sink them. 

Although in Kavanaugh’s case, not only did he pull a Kavanaugh and blubber in his questioning, he seems to have lied in one form or another during the actual questioning. 

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And it could have just been the yelling of a guy completely fucking pissed he's being accused of something so heinous. I'd be unhinged if somebody accused me of sexual assault.  

I have no idea what it meant, but the more I see of him the less supreme he looks.  The definitions of games he played and the other terms seemed odd. And I'd be demanding an investigation to clear my name.

Cool. And if he isn’t capable of controlling his emotions when speaking to Senators then he doesn’t have the emotional intellect to sit in the court.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Then you wouldn't be qualified to be on the Supreme Court.  Don't want unhinged folks on the Court.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Because they want to make political hay before the mid terms and if they could hold off a candidate till after the mid terms it could be a different senate make up. But you know that already.

Except they have no power to hold up anything. If he hadn’t tried to rape someone he would already have been confirmed. 

You also are full of shit.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Cool. And if he isn’t capable of controlling his emotions when speaking to Senators then he doesn’t have the emotional intellect to sit in the court.

Yeah that's true as well. I didn't say it excused him, but it doesn't point to innocence or guilt in any way, which was my point. But hey don't read what I wrote just take your little tangent, and run with it.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Because they want to make political hay before the mid terms and if they could hold off a candidate till after the mid terms it could be a different senate make up. But you know that already.

The Republicans can cram someone through in the lame duck session. There's literally nothing the Dems can do to stop them. Every single step of this process that y'all can't stop complaining about has been fully controlled by the GOP.

One theory I heard today that I hadn't considered previously is that the GOP are fighting tooth and nail to get Kavanaugh over the line because if he's withdrawn they don't trust Trump to pick someone else from the list. That actually makes sense as something weighing on Flake's mind.