Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

No one has been subject to congressional inquiries and questioning like Kavanaugh has. No one! 

Yeah, an entire industry has existed for 25 years devoted to destroying the Clintons and Hillary testified in front of Congress for 12 hours without being a petulant child.

4 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Bottom line, he’s a little rich kid weasel who looks like a little rich kid weasel. That alone should disqualify him. 

I’m sure you were itching to say “white” too. Right? White people from good families who are achievers and went to the top schools and shined in every endeavor are to be hated upon by the woke crew. That again is why I will vote Republican.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

No one has endured what Kavanaugh is going through. Allegations of wrongdoings as a teenager and being impugned as a rapist when there hasn’t been anything remotely pointing to such deviancy as an adult. 36 year old claims without the necessary detail to rightfully merit a police interview. What Clarence Thomas or Bork went through don’t hold a candle to this bullshit.

Are you kidding? 

You might want to read up on Joseph McCarthy.

12 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

ok.  fair enough.  In going to the next step, there is not one shred of evidence to prove her evidence occurred, nor one shred of evidence that can be put up as a way to "disprove" her evidence, i.e. nothing tangible that can be put up in order to provide an alibi.  However, Kavanaugh does have evidence that says her story didn't happen.  Basically, it is he said - 3, she said - 1.  With no further evidence that can corroborate her story, it's pretty hard to believe this is anything more than an attempt to delay the SC being stacked against the left for a good while.  If you start from a place of innocent until proven otherwise, this story is nothing but a political stunt.  The fall out may be we have discovered Kavanaugh may lack the ability to make good decisions under pressure, and perhaps that disqualifies him.  Further, I wouldn't support a guy for SC who has perjured himself.  I also wouldn't support a president sworn to uphold the laws of the land who has perjured himself, but I know a damn good number of those bringing up perjury  in this thread do not feel the same.    and we know house democrats certainly do not think perjury is a big deal when it comes to lying about being a sexual predator.  

1. As others, including myself, keep reminding some of y'all, this woman testified under oath, passed a polygraph test, and made her life extremely public (she has had to move due to death threats) over this event. She is either a sick sadist and the world's greatest liar, or she is telling something very truthful.

2. Again, AS OTHERS KEEP POINTING OUT, even if Kavanaugh didn't do something his behavior during all of this including his blatant partisan whining shows that he is not fit to serve.

There are a couple dozen of these pieces of shit that The Federalist Society churns out every year, you can easily appoint another judge that doesn't have the baggage that will still fully gut Roe v. Wade and other safety net and social programs which will get your micro-penis hard. Why is your evil party of Racists and Rapists (BUT HILLARY BILL CLINTONS REEEE) wanting to die on this hill?

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m sure you were itching to say “white” too. Right? White people from good families who are achievers and went to the top schools and shined in every endeavor are to be hated upon by the woke crew. That again is why I will vote Republican.

At least you admit that it's a white identity thing. That's something, I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You don’t even know what republicans stand for. They sure as shit don’t care about you. But it’s cute that you think they do. 

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So the left is simultaneously full of "elites" while also hating the "elites."  Wild.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He “lied” under oath because his definition of slang terms boof and devil’s were different than many others. Also, he claims he never was black out drunk. I’m sure he’d agree that he’d gotten woozy before. That again is SUBJECTIVE motherfuckers. 

Actually he also lied about it being legal to drink when he was 18...spoiler, it wasn't.

But to your point, can you image the shock he must have felt when, during the confirmation, he found out the innocent terms he and his crew independently coined for farting and playing quarters were used by every other teenager in America during the early to mid-80's to mean anal sex and threeways?  What are the chances?

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He “lied” under oath because his definition of slang terms boof and devil’s were different than many others. Also, he claims he never was black out drunk. I’m sure he’d agree that he’d gotten woozy before. That again is SUBJECTIVE motherfuckers. 

No, he lied because everyone knows his definition isn't different. That isn't subjective. And his own fucking emails admit that he has been blackout before. I don't really care about that, but I do care that he lied about it. 

Here is dahobbs under oath:

Q. Have you ever been blackout drunk?

A. Yes.

Q. What does Devil's triangle mean?

A. Three-way with two dudes and 1 girl.

Q. What does boof mean?

A. To have sex. 

Q. How can you justify such behavior?

A. I was stupid, horny high school kid. And I enjoy drinking with friends and family. Sometimes it hits you harder than expected, especially if you fail to eat beforehand.  

As a white man, let me thank you for helping to preserve my proper place in society.

Now go and wrap those brown lips around some white man's cock in exchange for some meth, which is your proper place in society.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

find someone who has "led an exemplary" life by an opposing party's political standards.  Your search will be a long and tedious one.  No one is perfect.  By most counts Kavanaugh has led a pretty decent life, and has been a success in his profession where you agree with his ideology or not.  

I mean, if you look up center right in the dictionary, you basically get my picture. And I think Kavanaugh is woefully unqualified and has lead a reprehensible life. It's nothing to do with party, this guy is just a heel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

1. As others, including myself, keep reminding some of y'all, this woman testified under oath, passed a polygraph test, and made her life extremely public (she has had to move due to death threats) over this event. She is either a sick sadist and the world's greatest liar, or she is telling something very truthful.

2. Again, AS OTHERS KEEP POINTING OUT, even if Kavanaugh didn't do something his behavior during all of this including his blatant partisan whining shows that he is not fit to serve.

There are a couple dozen of these pieces of shit that The Federalist Society churns out every year, you can easily appoint another judge that doesn't have the baggage that will still fully gut Roe v. Wade and other safety net and social programs that make your micro-penis hard. Why is your evil party of Racists and Rapists (BUT HILLARY BILL CLINTONS REEEE) wanting to die on this hill?

No I’m sure if we nominate someone else there will be some other horrific revelation like he fucked a hooker or saw the donkey show in Tijuana or something. 

14 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Even if you dismiss those obvious lies, there are many more in the wings, some provable on that very fucking day.  (His claim he didn't watch Ford's testimony when WaPo tweeted the very fact that he WAS watching her, all before he stepped in the room . . . for starters.)

Either admit that you're a troll or admit that you're monumentally stupid, because no refutation of your idiotic posts ever sticks with you.  

18 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

(Clarence Thomas did exactly that.)

I did hear one of the commentators note that Thomas had no choice in how to present himself. He couldn't come out scorched earth like Kavanaugh because then he would be seen as and angry black man and black men, especially 30 years ago, know that's not going to come across well.

No I’m sure if we nominate someone else there will be some other horrific revelation like he fucked a hooker or saw the donkey show in Tijuana or something. 

Why didn't them evil Dims do this for Gorsuch then? They had so much more reason to bog down that process.

Edited by GSU&UT

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

If you believed yourself to be innocent, and half the nation turned on quickly and mercilessly, you think you would just sit there calmly and respond in monotone to false accusations?

Yes.

No one has endured what Kavanaugh is going through. Allegations of wrongdoings as a teenager and being impugned as a rapist when there hasn’t been anything remotely pointing to such deviancy as an adult. 36 year old claims without the necessary detail to rightfully merit a police interview. What Clarence Thomas or Bork went through don’t hold a candle to this bullshit.
This is an idiotic post even for you.

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

That again is why I will vote Republican. 

So you admit, the GOP is about identity politics and team, not ideas and policy.  See, you're making progress.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sachick said:

I did hear one of the commentators note that Thomas had no choice in how to present himself. He couldn't come out scorched earth like Kavanaugh because then he would be seen as and angry black man and black men, especially 30 years ago, know that's not going to come across well.

That's not untrue, but it's also not evidence that he suppressed his inner angry black man.

The ability to stay calm in the face of adversity is by any measure a positive characteristic, even if there is a human impulse to act out.  Clarity of thought and purpose should be rewarded.

(Not that I think you disagree.)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I think iconoclast has a little crush on ol kavanaugh. This white knighting that he has done for the past week is a little....weird

I've pretty much come to the conclusion Icono is one of those submissives who gets off on being a bottom.

Edited by G650

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, he lied because everyone knows his definition isn't different. That isn't subjective. And his own fucking emails admit that he has been blackout before. I don't really care about that, but I do care that he lied about it. 

A. Yes.

Q. What does boof mean?

A. To have sex. 

A. I was stupid, horny high school kid. And I enjoy drinking with friends and family. Sometimes it hits you harder than expected, especially if you fail to eat beforehand.  

Q.  Did you watch Dr. Ford's testimony?

A:  Yes, and it was heartbreaking.  By heart goes out to her as sexual assault is an issue to be taken seriously.  I truly believe something awful happened to her but it just wasn't me.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Q.  Did you watch Dr. Ford's testimony?

A:  Yes, and it was heartbreaking.  By heart goes out to her as sexual assault is an issue to be taken seriously.  I truly believe something awful happened to her but it just wasn't me.

In my opinion, if he is truly innocent, he would have requested a full FBI investigation when asked by the committee.  The fact that he didn't shows me he knows she's telling the truth.  In that case, he should have owned up to it, citing his youth and drinking, and talk about how, like all of us, he is not the man he was 30+ years ago.  That would have made it a non issue for me.  I'd still would have disagreed with many of his legal opinions, but that's not a disqualifier for SCOTUS...lying is, or at least should be.

30 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

A. Yes.

Q. What does boof mean?

A. To have sex. 

He doesn't even need to be that specific.  Here's how a reasonable person answers honestly.

"Yes, I over consumed from time to time while in college.  I'm not proud of it, but it happened."

"Those terms are sexual innuendo.  I'd rather not be specific.  Needless to say, I'm embarrassed that I would use them in my yearbook back then.   I've matured significantly since then."

"I don't justify my behavior as a young man.  All I can say is that I've matured over the years and am not that person today."

And if he's really innocent.  "I would never have done what Ms. Ford alleges I did.  I have no way of entering her mind, and she may very well have experienced those horrendous events, but I can say unequivocally it was not me who did that to her."

But nope.  Just yell like a petulant bitch and rail on the Clintons.  Fucking despicable person.  Overly privileged elitist.  Pure political hack.  

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He doesn't even need to be that specific.  Here's how a reasonable person answers honestly.

"Yes, I over consumed from time to time while in college.  I'm not proud of it, but it happened."

"Those terms are sexual innuendo.  I'd rather not be specific.  Needless to say, I'm embarrassed that I would use them in my yearbook back then.   I've matured significantly since then."

"I don't justify my behavior as a young man.  All I can say is that I've matured over the years and am not that person today."

And if he's really innocent.  "I would never have done what Ms. Ford alleges I did.  I have no way of entering her mind, and she may very well have experienced those horrendous events, but I can say unequivocally it was not me who did that to her."

But nope.  Just yell like a petulant bitch and rail on the Clintons.  Fucking despicable person.  Overly privileged elitist.  Pure political hack.  

A great post.  Only thing I would add is that he could have pointed out how he left his college days behind him and his reputation since then proves that. 

45 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We must secure the existence of our people....

47 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Too bad the Senate republicans didn't subpoena the witnesses who could have cleared this up once and for all.

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Also his weird reluctance to sign off on an FBI investigation.  Anyone who is that emotionally upset about being falsely accused should also welcome any and all investigations to clear their name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

She has been treated with kid gloves by everyone. If it was up to me, I would have gone after her because she is not credible in my eyes and her motivations are suspect. She is trying to ruin this man’s reputation. I don’t believe her.

He ruined his own reputation by blubbering like a fucking man-child.

It’s acceptable to pull a Kavanaugh when you’re at a funeral of a loved one.

But you don’t pull a Kavanaugh in a job interview, and you damn sure don’t yell at those considering your job application while you’re pulling a Kavanaugh. 

Some of you are engaging in silly, wishful thinking. 

If the Dems (or anybody) are allowed to create an FBI process that chases rabbits or lasts a long time, the nomination is over.  McConnell and Trump would not have initiated such a process and will prevent it.  Flake, Collins and Murkowski will buy it or not.  I strongly believe they've already agreed to the nature of the investigation which is:

Interview the potential witnesses to assault.  The idea is to find witnesses to assault, not witnesses to some other fact, like heavy drinking.

You are dreaming if you think the GOP will allow an investigation which chases every little bit of dirt somebody has on Kavanaugh.

There are two serious allegations of sexual misconduct.  "Witnesses" to those incidents will be interviewed.  

12 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

Some of you are engaging in silly, wishful thinking. 

If the Dems (or anybody) are allowed to create an FBI process that chases rabbits or lasts a long time, the nomination is over.  McConnell and Trump would not have initiated such a process and will prevent it.  Flake, Collins and Murkowski will buy it or not.  I strongly believe they've already agreed to the nature of the investigation which is:

Interview the potential witnesses to assault.  The idea is to find witnesses to assault, not witnesses to some other fact, like heavy drinking.

You are dreaming if you think the GOP will allow an investigation which chases every little bit of dirt somebody has on Kavanaugh.

There are two serious allegations of sexual misconduct.  "Witnesses" to those incidents will be interviewed.  

Don't want them to chase every little bit of dirt.  Just want them to see if Kavanaugh was misleading the committee.  He's the guy who brought up the choir boy bullshit when everyone knows he partied serious.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

There are no specifics to her testimony. Everyone she says was at the party fails to corroborate her story. Now that the spectacle of her testifying is over, I’m hoping conservative media this week comes up with numerous ways to shred her story. It’s shameful to me that someone so unsure of the facts of what allegedly happened has the gall to sully the reputation of an accomplished man like him. 

Negged for perpetuating distortions and obfuscating.

Ford's friend says that she does not remember the party but that she believes Dr. Ford.

Another witness, Mark Judge, is an alleged accomplice who refuses to face investigators. Judge also claims he has anxiety about public speaking even though his agent shows him as available for public speaking engagements. 

Ford's testimony was not a spectacle. It was a sober interview where she answered forthrightly about what she recalls and took pains to correct accounts that she could not verify. There is no known motive for Ford to lie.

Consider this neg as applying to most of your other posts as well. You're a POS with arms and legs.

• Like 6