Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I guess you didn't get the memo, the decorum of the Surl is allegedly snark free.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Also, claims made without evidence.  The liberal gold standard.

Nobody said there's no snark here, that was just more poor reading on your part.

I said if you don't want your hypocrisy thrown in your face then you shouldn't be snarky.

Check out Flake - he sounds and looks rested and comfortable, almost like someone riding a clear conscience.

Flake confirms:

"Make sure that any current credible allegation is fully investigated."  (guessing this will include Ramirez and Swetnick allegations)

"It does us no good to have an investigation that just gives us more cover."  I suspect history will not reflect well on Lindsey's histrionics.  Try putting that back in the tube, senator.

Edited by triplehorn

39 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You think you can interject about Iran and probably can say 3 words total in Persian but can’t read or write it fluently like I can

You actually nailed it. My dad never spoke Farsi to me as a kid, so I never learned the language. I will acknowledge when you make a correct statement.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Ok, most of my posts on this thread have been mocking Kavanaugh and the GOP, and I went out of town late last week and haven’t kept up with the news.  But with those caveats ... are we really treating the Swetnick allegations as credible and worthy of an extensive FBI investigation?  I don’t know if acting like Ford’s allegations and Swetnick’s are equivalent is going to be helpful for Democrats.

I think she is a well credential crazy lady.

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Ok, most of my posts on this thread have been mocking Kavanaugh and the GOP, and I went out of town late last week and haven’t kept up with the news.  But with those caveats ... are we really treating the Swetnick allegations as credible and worthy of an extensive FBI investigation?  I don’t know if acting like Ford’s allegations and Swetnick’s are equivalent is going to be helpful for Democrats.

Dems aren't discounting Swetnick.  Dems on SJC listed Swetnick on their list of witnesses to be interviewed (previous 1-2 pages here I believe).

It also appears Swetnick is going on NBC national news with Kate Snow:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

are we really treating the Swetnick allegations as credible and worthy of an extensive FBI investigation?  I don’t know if acting like Ford’s allegations and Swetnick’s are equivalent is going to be helpful for Democrats.

The FBI should absolutely vet the credibility of the Swetnick allegations...there’s very little reason not to. 

But I agree the Ford allegation is much more worthy of serious investigation with the information known.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:
have her credentials been vetted?  
she was accused of falsifying her resume previously.

Oh she was accused of something? That should be investigated thoroughly.

Absolutely.  Investigate and charge with perjury.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Reading the Trump echo chambers right now...their crazy misogynist asshole traits are coming out more than normal. 

This is exactly the type of story I wanted to be planted to shred Dr Ford’s testimony. Keep it up conservative media! Next thing I’d do is track down ex-boyfriends willing to say she was a fruitcake, loon or just emotionally disturbed. 

Democrats: if you think unhinged, overly emotional sounding women yelling at Republican Senators is a winning play please keep it up. It should help us pick up a few more votes from male voters. Please keep it up

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 11

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The FBI should absolutely vet the credibility of the Swetnick allegations...there’s very little reason not to. 

But I agree the Ford allegation is much more worthy of serious investigation with the information known.

Swetnick has corroborating (one or more) witnesses who evidently have indicated their availability to talk to the FBI under penalty of felony false statements.  Also, Swetnick's allegations are far worse - quaaludes/grain alcohol punch with train gangs lined up outside a room with a passed out teen waiting their turn at becoming a man in the eyes of their male peers.  That lack of statute of limitations in Maryland for felony sexual misconduct?  Swetnick with additional witnesses could blow this up.

Edited by triplehorn

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

This is exactly the type of story I wanted to be planted to shred Dr Ford’s testimony. Keep it up conservative media! Next thing I’d do is track down ex-boyfriends willing to say she was a fruitcake, loon or just emotionally disturbed. 

Democrats: if you think unhinged, overly emotional sounding women yelling at Republican Senators is a winning play please keep it up. It should help us pick a few more votes from male voters.

“Us” like you’re some real republican or who thinks the real GOP cares about you. You don’t make enough money for them to care about you. They don’t care about those that tailor Texan football jerseys. 

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Democrats: if you think unhinged, overly emotional sounding women yelling at Republican Senators is a winning play please keep it up. It should help us pick a few more votes from male voters.

There are more female voters than male voters.

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

d6f.jpg

• Haha 1

Here is what you dingleberries are going to be opening the door to five to ten years from now.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11369&utm_campaign=CampusWire&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=66330154&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8jrWy4OzlPOZGOfHujaw6tckXGMYK7eCeenABpcF7cXEKhsnUQR-y3oH23oPIy69ZzZtkFXM5wRnQujszu98MA55r9mA&_hsmi=66330154

Georgetown University Distinguished Associate Professor Christine Fair tweeted that white Republican senators in the Brett Kavanaugh hearing deserve to die. 

“Look at thus [sic] chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist's arrogated entitlement,” Fair tweeted on Thursday. Referencing a video of "Lindsey Graham's tirade," Fair, who is a victim of sexual assault, added, “all of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps." 

"Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes," she concluded the tweet.

“Professor Fair’s extremely offensive and violent remark goes against everything in line with Georgetown’s values,” TJ Collins, a recent Georgetown graduate told Campus Reform. “President DeGioia should immediately issue a statement condemning the tweet, and Professor Fair should not be permitted in the classroom ever again," Collins added.

“As a student applying to this school, I wouldn’t have dared use that kind of language on a social media platform, especially surrounding a sensitive and controversial issue. Georgetown wouldn’t have admitted me if they had seen stuff like that,” a current Georgetown student who wished to remain anonymous, told Campus Reform. 

“I don’t think people that Georgetown actually employs should be held to a significantly lower standard. And clearly, any of her students that see this rant are going to feel threatened if they have opinions that differ from hers” the student continued. 

Upon being contacted by Campus Reform to comment for this article, Fair stated, “There is a war going on against women and you, and your despicable herd of so-called journalists seeking to protect male privilege and shame women for our victimization or our rage are complicit in this war.” 

Days before, Fair tweeted, "GOP doesn't care about women. We knew this. Fuck them.”

In addition to her colorful Twitter timeline, Fair also runs a blog called ShitMenSay. “This is where I post snarcastic missives based upon the shit men (and sometimes woman-hating women) say to me via email, voicemail and comments ‘deposited’ on my various social media like celestial droppings of stupidity,” Fair writes in the blog description.

“This blog is not about “doxxing” foes or people with whom I disagree politically or otherwise. This blog is about ACCOUNTABILITY,” she continues. She has published home addresses, phone numbers, and places of employment of people who contacted her. Fair has also bragged about emailing the spouses and employers of those who contact her. 

“Despite what some clowns have said, NO ONE finds themselves mocked and outed on #ShitMenSay without harassing me. No one. Some men have had the audacity to whine that I am outing my poor, defenseless harassers. I tell these weasels to take their (almost always) white, male privilege and kindly deposit it in the only orifice that doesn’t embarrass them when it’s open” she says in her blog description. 

Fair runs a second blog titled Tenacious Hellpussy, which she describes as “a nasty woman posting from the frontlines of fuckery.” Fair published Campus Reform’s request for comment and her response on her blog in a post titled: When “Aunt Lydia” of Campus Reform Tried to Launch Another Harassment Campaign: This is what she got.

“Dear Aunt Lydia (or perhaps, more appropriately, Rachel Mitchell? Which do you prefer? I prefer Aunt Lydia, so I”ll roll with that. Cool?)” she says at the start of her response.

“You don’t like my violent words—which in fact are not posing a threat to anyone. I am not calling for violence. I merely speaking to what my spirituality says these vile souls deserve.” Professor Fair writes.

“Surely, as a fine upstanding Christian, you condemn the goddless heathens like me to an afterlife of hell? You can micturate in your yoga pants at my WORDS, but I am angry at the VIOLENCE done to women and children in this country and the preponderant complicity of ONE political party right now” she continues.

Her full response can be viewed here.

Georgetown University did not respond to the request for comment in time for publication.

Bold is emphasized by me.  Of course she is not calling for violence.  She just wants all white Republican male Senators killed and castrated.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You'll be OK, sweetie.

Cover your balls, though.

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Ah yes, a "crazy loon from the other side of the political spectrum who no one has heard of or cares about and has little to no influence on anything that matters says something outrageous" post. Classic. 

Edited by Dirk X West

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Swetnick has corroborating one or more witnesses who evidently have indicated their availability to talk to the FBI under penalty of perjury.  Also, Swetnick's allegations are far worse - quaaludes/grain alcohol punch with train gangs lined up outside a room with a passed out teen waiting their turn at becoming a man in the eyes of their male peers.  That lack of statute of limitations in Maryland for felony sexual misconduct?  Swetnick with additional witnesses could blow this up.

Eh, the Swetnick allegation, while disqualifying if true, doesn’t put Kavanaugh participating in gang rape and it’s more like a “Kavanaugh ran with a really bad crowd that did a lot of really bad shit.”   The drugs and alcohol involved make getting credible witnesses and testimony challenging. 

Ford’s allegation is the most disqualifying because, if true, you have two eyewitnesses to Kavanaugh committing sexual assault. 

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The only issue that will change anyone in the Senate's mind (R) is proof that he sexually assaulted her

Nope, not even this is accurate.

The only thing that matters is public opinion and political consequences.  Those Senators don’t give a fuck about evidence or proof of Kavanaugh committing sexual assault.  

Kavanaugh could be a serial killer and it wouldn’t matter if the Republicans could get away with confirming him.

35 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Judge's ex-girlfriend has said that he confessed to her something pretty similar to what Swetnick alleges happened.

18 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Democrats: if you think unhinged, overly emotional sounding women yelling at Republican Senators is a winning play please keep it up. It should help us pick up a few more votes from male voters. Please keep it up

You're not supposed to give the game away so easily my man. 

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

bonus points if you can find the post and quote it here plz

12560 after he edited it

You think you can interject about Iran and probably can say 3 words total in Persian but can’t read or write it fluently like I can

Before

DDD Dad quoted him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Reading the Trump echo chambers right now...their crazy misogynist asshole traits are coming out more than normal. 

Good, the more crazy misogynist asshole Trumpkins that spout out in public, the better.  It’s only going to help drive more women to the voting booths.

Iconoclast’s posts are actually disturbing, especially considering his personal history as context. His words aren’t those of a balanced, well-principled individual. He comes across like someone who has no sense of self and fills the void with other people’s ideas.

His hole is currently filled with political tribalism, and he comes off personally invested in his tribe being right and vindicated. 

“A man man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”

• Like 7
  • Haha 1