Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Ok, this is amazing to me. It's like he wasn't taught better, or his morals were somehow flexible because of his station in life?  And this is what we want on the SCOTUS?   Do you really feel other justices have such an entitled misogynistic  background?   Again, as others have said, there is something way more to all this than meets the eye.  Trump or someone else wants him there for some specific reason. 

I guess my point is that all this grade D doucheiness would have been blown right by if not for Ford coming forward, and I think that's horribly wrong. 

Everyone wants to pin shit on Beto for his past transgressions.  He admits them, owns up to them, hasn't repeated any and has found the lesson in each he needed to learn. 

Not BK, all this crap is out there, the loans, the gambling, the 'beyond his means' house and club.   It's all right in line with the kind of person he was on track to be growing up.  His parents should be proud, right?

Fuck this asshole, fuck the orange tinycock and fuck the GOP. 

How many lockers did you get shoved into?

• Fuck You 2

I'd rather have been shoved in 100 lockers to retain the dignity of having treated other humans with respect.    What exactly would have been proven by someone shoving me in a locker?  They were larger, or more numerous than me?  Their strength and cruel streak somehow made them better than me?  I really don't understand why anyone has to bully others to feel better about themselves.   Guess it's easier to try to tear someone else down than it is to improve oneself when your mental capacity is limited. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It really is the more serious threat to us.  That’s a classic backdrop to be a mark for long term control.  

If this guy gets confirmed and R’s lose the House and Senate, there’s enough dangling out there that, with actual investigation, could steer towards impeachment proceedings in the House.

It would be a grievous error to confirm a deeply flawed Trump nominee now that could lead to relinquishing the seat in the near term, however small the risk seems today, as opposed to confirming a conservative judge with unimpeachable character and history instead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It really is the more serious threat to us.  That’s a classic backdrop to be a mark for long term control.  

If this guy gets confirmed and R’s lose the House and Senate, there’s enough dangling out there that, with actual investigation, could steer towards impeachment proceedings in the House.

It would be a grievous error to confirm a deeply flawed Trump nominee now that could lead to relinquishing the seat in the near term, however small the risk seems today, as opposed to confirming a conservative judge with unimpeachable character and history instead.

Awesome situation.  Dude is on-the-take.  Gets appointed.  Dems take over all 3 houses and he gets rightfully impeached, and a Dem fills that seat.  Payback for the one that the GOP fucking stole. 

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

This bitch can fuck off.  I double dog dare her to go over to the USS Arizona Memorial and repeat the shit she said about men from a couple of days ago. 

If those dead men could come back to life they’d proceed to kill themselves knowing you’re a grown ass man ‘double dog daring’ people.  Do you feel bad?  Because you fucking should, shithead.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If those dead men could come back to life they’d proceed to kill themselves knowing you’re a grown ass man ‘double dog daring’ people.  Do you feel bad?  Because you fucking should, shithead.  

Yeah, everyone knows it's the triple dog dare that really sends the proper message.

• Like 4

Kavanaugh is part of this story too. He was associate White House counsel in the George W. Bush administration from 2001 to 2003, a time when other lawyers in the office were crafting memos to justify torture, mass surveillance, and indefinite detention. He then served as staff secretary until 2005. During confirmation hearings for a seat on the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, he told the Senate Judiciary Committee he had no knowledge of those memos or other documents relating to those programs. We now know this was misleading: “In 2002, Kavanaugh and a group of top White House lawyers discussed whether the Supreme Court would uphold the Bush administration’s decision to deny lawyers to American enemy combatants,” reported NPR in 2007. More recently, emails released by Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont show Kavanaugh was part of the discussion around President Bush’s warrantless wiretap program as early as September 2001. In his 2006 testimony, Kavanaugh said he only learned of the program in 2005.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-elite-power.html

Not sure if already posted but Dr. Blasey dismissed the Whelan theory. She did in fact know Garrett and he was not a rapist. If I'm Garrett, I'm filing a libel suit today.

Ed Whelan, a former clerk to the late justice Antonin Scalia and president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, pointed to floor plans, online photographs and other information to suggest a location for the house party in suburban Maryland that Ford described. He also named and posted photographs of the classmate he suggested could be responsible.

Ford dismissed Whelan’s theory in a statement late Thursday: “I knew them both, and socialized with” the other classmate, Ford said, adding that she had once visited him in the hospital. “There is zero chance that I would confuse them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/gop-vows-to-move-ahead-with-kavanaugh-vote-if-his-accuser-doesnt-testify-monday/2018/09/20/a7132ee8-bcf5-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html

Man, I distinctly remember even bagofshit Mitch McConnell telling Trump that Kavanaugh would the hardest of the 3 finalists to confirm. 

Seriously, Hardiman would already have been sat and ready for next Monday.  But no, President Jackass had to go pick the worst of the 3 to ensure he has a guaranteed vote for putting Trump above the law if the case gets to SCOTUS.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But no, President Jackass had to go pick the worst of the 3 to ensure he has a guaranteed vote for putting Trump above the law if the case gets to SCOTUS.

Hard not to think that there's at least a tacit oath of loyalty. BK is a good ole boy in the R network. They know he'll toe the line for DOTUS.

Edited by retread

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes, it’s unfair to Kavanaugh that his reputation will forever be stained regardless of the veracity of the sexual assault allegations.

However, it’s important to remember Kavanaugh was a well established lying piece of shit weasel before Dr. Ford came forward.  

On  one hand I am glad people in the US are beginning to stand up against sexual abuse, but on the other hand I am deeply saddened that lying, perjury and corruption have been normalized. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes, it’s unfair to Kavanaugh that his reputation will forever be stained regardless of the veracity of the sexual assault allegations.

However, it’s important to remember Kavanaugh was a well established lying piece of shit weasel before Dr. Ford came forward.  

If the allegations are true, there is absolutely nothing unfair to Kavanaugh.  Hell, despite committing a crime he went to college, and law school, married, had children, worked in the White House, obtained a prominent position in the judiciary, had a country club membership, and a huge house.  Imagine if he was black and was caught with 5 grams of pot.

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Speaking of bitches, Mr. Stolen Valor, you do realize she wasn't speaking of military men who died 77 years ago, right?

Of course you realize it.  You just can't help yourself.  Here's a tip:  she was speaking about ENLIGHTENED men, which certainly doesn't include you.

Guess who is perpetrating all of these kinds of actions? It’s the men in this country,” Hirono said. “I just want to say to the men in this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing, for a change.”

She is flat out insulting all men.  "Do the right thing for a change" implies that no man is doing the right thing which is an absolute lie.   There are no qualifiers in front of the "men" part of her second sentence.  She is accusing all of us as being at fault for this which is pure bullshit.  Show me a quote of her bitching at men to do the right thing after the Ellison allegations.  She is using this as a political bullhorn.  She doesn't give one legitimate shit whether or not anyone does the right thing.  You want to know what "the right thing" is in her mind?  The right thing is letting Democrats get anything they want at anytime.  The right thing is letting Democrats win every political battle.  Fuck her with a pitchfork.  Right now I would make that suggestion toward any Democrat, male or female,  in Congress.

I haven't read through all the new comments made in the last half day or so yet.  I can't wait to see how you morons justify making Kavanaugh testify before her but I'm sure you buttnuggets will come up with  some kind of retarded logic to agree with it.

13 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

666 likes. Nice.

Also, waits on poorly timed DOTUS tweet that "the FBI should begin investigating Garrett so they can clear Kavanaugh's name" because they can do that but not a more in-depth background investigation.

16 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Guess who is perpetrating all of these kinds of actions? It’s the men in this country,” Hirono said. “I just want to say to the men in this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing, for a change.”

She is flat out insulting all men.  "Do the right thing for a change" implies that no man is doing the right thing which is an absolute lie.   There are no qualifiers in front of the "men" part of her second sentence.  She is accusing all of us as being at fault for this which is pure bullshit.  Show me a quote of her bitching at men to do the right thing after the Ellison allegations.  She is using this as a political bullhorn.  She doesn't give one legitimate shit whether or not anyone does the right thing.  You want to know what "the right thing" is in her mind?  The right thing is letting Democrats get anything they want at anytime.  The right thing is letting Democrats win every political battle.  Fuck her with a pitchfork.  Right now I would make that suggestion toward any Democrat, male or female,  in Congress.

I haven't read through all the new comments made in the last half day or so yet.  I can't wait to see how you morons justify making Kavanaugh testify before her but I'm sure you buttnuggets will come up with  some kind of retarded logic to agree with it.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You sound like a pussy.

• Like 1

James Woods Retweeted Mark Dice

College professor Christine Ford can’t remember the year her “assault” happened, but can remember that she was fifteen. Chances are she won’t be joining the Math Department any time soon.

More

James Woods Retweeted NBC News

There are hallowed American cemeteries around the globe filled with men who did the right thing, you sexist witch. Go fuck yourself.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

College professor Christine Ford can’t remember the year her “assault” happened, but can remember that she was fifteen. Chances are she won’t be joining the Math Department any time soon.

More

There are hallowed American cemeteries around the globe filled with men who did the right thing, you sexist witch. Go fuck yourself.

Dude. Are you off your meds or something? 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Rick Perry oops.gif

I think Mojo has it right -- Garrett is probably in on this with Kavanaugh and Whelan. His name will be "cleared" once Kav is confirmed and they will hope this whole rape thing just fizzles out the way the Thomas scandal did. 

11 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

1537390786116-png.64623

Is there no scandal that can't be what aboutted with you morons? Fine, throw Clinton up under the fucking jail. I don't give a shit. And it has absolutely no bearing on what's going on right now. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

More

I always thought this guy was a pretty good actor.  Think from here out he's gonna be pretty much a supporting actor in Hallmark feelgood stories.  Or those sappy christian flicks that are popping up in the local movie houses. 

• Like 1

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

I think Mojo has it right -- Garrett is probably in on this with Kavanaugh and Whelan. His name will be "cleared" once Kav is confirmed and they will hope this whole rape thing just fizzles out the way the Thomas scandal did. 

Is there no scandal that can't be what aboutted with you morons? Fine, throw Clinton up under the fucking jail. I don't give a shit. And it has absolutely no bearing on what's going on right now. 

In agreement with the Clinton stance here.