Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah....I know some pretty livid women. Including a woman who was the victim of a pretty horrific assault who was visibly shaken up by the news of the day, and had a man tell her “that was 35 years ago! They were probably just fooling around and now she regrets it!”

If you’re a woman who has been assaulted, the messaging remains pretty relentless: if you dare make an accusation, you won’t be believed, you’ll be mocked and belittled, and you will be put on trial, not the rapist.

This has nothing to do with “due process,” to which everyone is entitled. It’s about treating victims with decency and humanity.

Imagine being a woman who has been assaulted. Think about the message that they’re getting, loud and clear. That’s some fucked up shit.
  • Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You were wrong and made an ass out of yourself about it.  And now you’re offended.  And get pos rep for it.  You represent the batshit far left crazy fucks who dominate this politics board quite well.  

Have you ever considered that you are a batshit far right crazy fuck?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

don''t you have somebody to rape, tough Alpha dude?  Or did you quit that after high school?  

What the fuck is wrong with you dude?  You've turned into a swam-level dickhead lately. And by "lately" I mean for several months. 

I haven’t changed one bit. This board has gone off the deep end.  Brisket has completely lost it.  The old Brisket would be very critical of this nonsense.  He’s all in now.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I know some pretty livid women. Including a woman who was the victim of a pretty horrific assault who was visibly shaken up by the news of the day, and had a man tell her “that was 35 years ago! They were probably just fooling around and now she regrets it!”

If you’re a woman who has been assaulted, the messaging remains pretty relentless: if you dare make an accusation, you won’t be believed, you’ll be mocked and belittled, and you will be put on trial, not the rapist.

This has nothing to do with “due process,” to which everyone is entitled. It’s about treating victims with decency and humanity.

Imagine being a woman who has been assaulted. Think about the message that they’re getting, loud and clear. That’s some fucked up shit.

These allegations are flimsy at best.  Maybe that changes if Ford shows up. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Imagine being accused of this without anyone actually filing a criminal complaint. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

I haven’t changed one bit. This board has gone off the deep end.  Brisket has completely lost it.  The old Brisket would be very critical of this nonsense.  He’s all in now.  

Bull fucking shit. 

You're attacking somebody that's sympathetic to a possible victim of sexual assault as "a white knight pussy liberal effeminate male eternally stuck in the friend zone"  

Are you really making the case that you've always been a fucking grade-A asshole?  Because I don't remember you this way, but what I quoted here is the work of a fucking Grade-A asshole. 

Imagine being accused of this without anyone actually filing a criminal complaint. 

Imagine not knowing that the vast majority of sexual assaults go unreported altogether, and even fewer are made the subject of a criminal complaint.

And maybe, just maybe, think about the role that our social response to such accusations might play in the low level of reporting.

Everyone deserves a fair hearing and treatment. Everyone. The accused AND the accuser.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You were wrong and made an ass out of yourself about it.  And now you’re offended.  And get pos rep for it.  You represent the batshit far left crazy fucks who dominate this politics board quite well.  

Hi. Nope. I ain't mad. Playing along with the same rules as they have been shown to me here. 

And thanks for the compliment. 

Bull fucking shit. 
You're attacking somebody that's sympathetic to a possible victim of sexual assault as "a white knight pussy liberal effeminate male eternally stuck in the friend zone"  
Are you really making the case that you've always been a fucking grade-A asshole?  Because I don't remember you this way, but what I quoted here is the work of a fucking Grade-A asshole. 

Well, he also didn’t realize that the poster is a female.

None of which diminishes his assholery.
  • Like 2

Had a conversation with my mother earlier. She doesn’t believe the accuser Ford, because she took so long. I mentioned some facts, which she wasn’t aware of. Then I asked her about Bill Cosby. She is happy he is going to prison. I then mentioned that the first accuser was character assassinated nearly a decade ago. She didn’t know about that claim. Then at first she didn’t believe the first accuser for the same reason, but as more came out. I reminded her that the Sandusky case included accusers long after the fact. It’s making her think and her support is wavering.

Her sisters are actually questioning each other’s loyalty to Trump.

• Like 4

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Enjoy your far left echo chamber.  You guys are nuts and so far gone. 

I dont think so. Maybe the far left won the hearts and minds of Shaggy/Surly and brainwashed us, but I don't think so. A lot of us would never identify with the Dems 3 years ago, but here we are with a demagogue. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Enjoy your far left echo chamber.  You guys are nuts and so far gone. 

nah, dude, you were always out there as far as i was concerned, but you've gone and gotten real angry lately. seems to happen later in the evening. i'm willing to be a brown liquor is involved, as you seek to justify your rapidly narrowing circle of hate for everyone that disagrees with every little thing you think so that you can fully embrace your inner trump. it's bizarre, and you aren't the only person to whom i've seen this happen. the rhetoric is getting more desperate and bombastic. it's truly bizarre, because this is with normally reasonable and obviously intelligent people.

• Like 1

Bull fucking shit. 

I remember him that way.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Is Johnny's rage directly proportional to his brown liquor intake?

That explains a lot.

this was just a supposition. not necessarily an accusation. i've been dry the last couple of days, though i'm kind of working right now, and a glass of something something sounds good myself.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Imagine not knowing that the vast majority of sexual assaults go unreported altogether, and even fewer are made the subject of a criminal complaint.

And maybe, just maybe, think about the role that our social response to such accusations might play in the low level of reporting.

Everyone deserves a fair hearing and treatment. Everyone. The accused AND the accuser.

Ms. Ford has yet to file any criminal complaint in Montgomery, MD. That is still an option and would go a long way in convincing others that the confirmation process should be put on hold. It's pretty simple....if you're willing to publicly accuse someone of sexual assault you should be willing to go through the formal process filing a criminal complaint. 

• Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

20 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

And you represent the white knight pussy liberal effeminate male eternally stuck in the friend zone. 

And you represent the typical Fox News parrot plowing away at his Rush Limbaugh inflatable fuck doll with a dick so small that he needs an AK-47 to feel like a man.

• Like 3

Ms. Ford has yet to file any criminal complaint in Montgomery, MD. That is still an option and would go a long way in convincing others that the confirmation process should be put on hold. It's pretty simple....if you're willing to publicly accuse someone of sexual assault you should be willing to go through the formal process filing a criminal complaint. 

Really? That’s your standard?

Imagine with me that she is telling the 100% gods honest truth.

Without more - DNA evidence, something - can you imagine a DA that would even move forward on that? That’s kinda the problem with a lot of sexual assaults - only two people know what happened, and the only evidence (say, DNA) is also consistent with consensual behavior.

She could be telling the perfect truth, and the criminal case would still be a non-starter. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It means that it can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I’m loving watching the standards being applied to accusers and victims, though. Truly eye opening. Either you file a full blown criminal compliant the day after an assault happened, or you’re a lying psycho bitch.
  • Like 3

Really? That’s your standard?

Imagine with me that she is telling the 100% gods honest truth.

Without more - DNA evidence, something - can you imagine a DA that would even move forward on that? That’s kinda the problem with a lot of sexual assaults - only two people know what happened, and the only evidence (say, DNA) is also consistent with consensual behavior.

She could be telling the perfect truth, and the criminal case would still be a non-starter. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It means that it can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I’m loving watching the standards being applied to accusers and victims, though. Truly eye opening. Either you file a full blown criminal compliant the day after an assault happened, or you’re a lying psycho bitch.

Never called her a "lying psycho bitch" so not sure where you got that. Sexual assault is a serious crime....and should be properly adjudicated by the justice system.  We have a process for this. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, dOUblewide said:

Never called her a "lying psycho bitch" so not sure where you got that. Sexual assault is a serious crime....and should be properly adjudicated by the justice system.  We have a process for this. 

And the current process is a different one.  It's a job interview.  For a lifetime job.  At the highest level of our government.  The burden of proof for "morally unfit" is not "beyond a reasonable doubt."  I am 100% confident that you didn't apply that standard to Hillary -- nor should you have.

BK, or someone similarly situated, shouldn't go to prison based on a single allegation -- even a credible one -- which cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  BUT, if the accusation creates any reasonable doubt as to his fitness, that may well be enough to refuse to make the hire.

People are not hired based on far flimsier issues all the time.

And read what  elected GOP officials are saying about the accuser.  They are uniformly harshly critical of her.  If you were a woman, you'd have to be fucking nuts to come forward with an allegation of sexual assault after this - it's just a recipe for being attacked twice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And the current process is a different one.  It's a job interview.  For a lifetime job.  At the highest level of our government.  The burden of proof for "morally unfit" is not "beyond a reasonable doubt."  I am 100% confident that you didn't apply that standard to Hillary -- nor should you have.

BK, or someone similarly situated, shouldn't go to prison based on a single allegation -- even a credible one -- which cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  BUT, if the accusation creates any reasonable doubt as to his fitness, that may well be enough to refuse to make the hire.

People are not hired based on far flimsier issues all the time.

And read what  elected GOP officials are saying about the accuser.  They are uniformly harshly critical of her.  If you were a woman, you'd have to be fucking nuts to come forward with an allegation of sexual assault after this - it's just a recipe for being attacked twice.

So i guess the next time a dem nom is put forward I can claim a crime against me at the last minute without any proof or without going through the process. Insurance fraud, theft, sexual assault, assault (beat me up near the tether ball area in 5th grade), lied during spin the bottle, stole my identify....etc. etc. 

• Fuck You 1

No one is talking about perjury, they seem focused on the misconduct allegations. Maybe there’s not enough to substantiate perjury?

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/7/17829320/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-hearing-perjury

From the article:

Perjury is a pretty high standard and it’s not, “We think you lied, this isn’t particularly credible.” It’s, “You willfully lied under oath.” It doesn’t feel totally credible, but we don’t have proof of a willful falsehood.

I don’t think anyone - myself included - using the word perjury thinks he should be prosecuted. But on the other hand I have yet to read a single article that says he was being truthful. He gave evasive, misleading and in some cases testimony that many reasonable people believe to be lies.
That’s easily grounds for voting no - whether he can be prosecuted for the crime or not. Especially when he could just as easily said, “you know I was involved. I worked for the WH and it was my job. And if appointed to the SC I’ll do my job there too.” It’s not hard. He’s just an evasive person.

If you were a woman, you'd have to be fucking nuts to come forward with an allegation of sexual assault after this - it's just a recipe for being attacked twice.

Exactly.

I can't imagine the courage it takes for any woman to go to the authorities after a trauma like that.

Add to that the public scrutiny in this case.  Then add all the pieces of shit who dare to question why she didn't come forward sooner.  Add all the powerful people automatically siding with the powerful person who hurt you.  And add all the idiots all across the internet, including here, calling you a coward if you don't testify in front of the FBI.

It's disgraceful.  It's a miracle that anyone ever goes to jail for sexual assault in this country at all.  It's almost as if that's the point.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Had a conversation with my mother earlier. She doesn’t believe the accuser Ford, because she took so long. I mentioned some facts, which she wasn’t aware of. Then I asked her about Bill Cosby. She is happy he is going to prison. I then mentioned that the first accuser was character assassinated nearly a decade ago. She didn’t know about that claim. Then at first she didn’t believe the first accuser for the same reason, but as more came out. I reminded her that the Sandusky case included accusers long after the fact. It’s making her think and her support is wavering.

Her sisters are actually questioning each other’s loyalty to Trump.

Do they fear brown and gay people enough to get over it? 

2 minutes ago, dOUblewide said:

So i guess the next time a dem nom is put forward I can claim a crime against me at the last minute without any proof or without going through the process. Insurance fraud, theft, sexual assault, assault (beat me up near the tether ball area in 5th grade), lied during spin the bottle, stole my identify....etc. etc. 

You can.  And your claim should be considered and given due weight.  And if it is credibly determined that you lied and totally made it up, you should face consequences for doing so.

Your problem is that you are fundamentally equating a claim of  assault for which there is no secondary evidence as inherently false and slanderous.  And you ignore the fact that we KNOW that countless "he said, she said" sexual assaults actually happen.  And that thousands are never reported, or aren't reported until years later (often to a therapist, or something of that sort).

Nope.  If a woman didn't run to the police station right away, then any accusation after the fact is a made-up lie, and she should be destroyed in public.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You can.  And your claim should be considered and given due weight.  And if it is credibly determined that you lied and totally made it up, you should face consequences for doing so.

Your problem is that you are fundamentally equating a claim of  assault for which there is no secondary evidence as inherently false and slanderous.  And you ignore the fact that we KNOW that countless "he said, she said" sexual assaults actually happen.  And that thousands are never reported, or aren't reported until years later (often to a therapist, or something of that sort).

Nope.  If a woman didn't run to the police station right away, then any accusation after the fact is a made-up lie, and she should be destroyed in public.

She/he does not have to go to the police station right away. in fact, to receive support services you should never have to.....but if you want to publicly make a claim then yes....you have to use the justice system we have. 

Exactly.

I can't imagine the courage it takes for any woman to go to the authorities after a trauma like that.

Add to that the public scrutiny in this case.  Then add all the pieces of shit who dare to question why she didn't come forward sooner.  Add all the powerful people automatically siding with the powerful person who hurt you.  And add all the idiots all across the internet, including here, calling you a coward if you don't testify in front of the FBI.

It's disgraceful.  It's a miracle that anyone ever goes to jail for sexual assault in this country at all.  It's almost as if that's the point.

And when your attacker is really powerful you can add death threats to the list of fun rewarding experiences you get to enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Now I’m a drunk?   You fools are projecting.   This board is a shit show.  

Nobody can tell you that but yourself. 

Projection is a funny thing. Most of us do it without knowing. Sometimes we see it after the fact. 

And same as it ever was 

As an aside if you happen to show up for Lee Harvey's HH I'd be glad to buy you a round. We're all in the shit together.