Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Enjoy your far left echo chamber.  You guys are nuts and so far gone. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/23/fox-news-poll-record-number-voters-oppose-kavanaugh-nomination.htmlFox News Poll: Record number of voters oppose Kavanaugh nomination

Fox News Poll: Record number of voters oppose Kavanaugh nomination

I might need a refresher on what an echo chamber is.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I know some pretty livid women. Including a woman who was the victim of a pretty horrific assault who was visibly shaken up by the news of the day, and had a man tell her “that was 35 years ago! They were probably just fooling around and now she regrets it!”

If you’re a woman who has been assaulted, the messaging remains pretty relentless: if you dare make an accusation, you won’t be believed, you’ll be mocked and belittled, and you will be put on trial, not the rapist.

This has nothing to do with “due process,” to which everyone is entitled. It’s about treating victims with decency and humanity.

Imagine being a woman who has been assaulted. Think about the message that they’re getting, loud and clear. That’s some fucked up shit.

CSB

I know several women who are horrified their sons could have their lives destroyed by an accusation with no proof so I’m not sure what your anecdotal evidence proves.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

CSB

I know several women who are horrified their sons could have their lives destroyed by an accusation with no proof so I’m not sure what your anecdotal evidence proves.

Not get a SCOTUS lifetime appointment="lives destroyed".  

You sound like a fucking drama queen dude. 

Really? That’s your standard?

Imagine with me that she is telling the 100% gods honest truth.

Without more - DNA evidence, something - can you imagine a DA that would even move forward on that? That’s kinda the problem with a lot of sexual assaults - only two people know what happened, and the only evidence (say, DNA) is also consistent with consensual behavior.

She could be telling the perfect truth, and the criminal case would still be a non-starter. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It means that it can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I’m loving watching the standards being applied to accusers and victims, though. Truly eye opening. Either you file a full blown criminal compliant the day after an assault happened, or you’re a lying psycho bitch.

The last bit has bothered me most about this whole deal. Especially when it’s from women. Fuck

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

The last bit has bothered me most about this whole deal. Especially when it’s from women. Fuck

CNN had a program with Trumpkin women the other day, and they were all on board with "that's what horny teenagers do".   Fucking Trumpkins.   Someday they will have so much shame that they will deny their true identities similar to Nazi deathcamp guards. 

2 hours ago, dOUblewide said:

So i guess the next time a dem nom is put forward I can claim a crime against me at the last minute without any proof or without going through the process. Insurance fraud, theft, sexual assault, assault (beat me up near the tether ball area in 5th grade), lied during spin the bottle, stole my identify....etc. etc. 

Sure if you’d like. 

There is proof here but you knew that before you lied.

Had a conversation with my mother earlier. She doesn’t believe the accuser Ford, because she took so long. I mentioned some facts, which she wasn’t aware of. Then I asked her about Bill Cosby. She is happy he is going to prison. I then mentioned that the first accuser was character assassinated nearly a decade ago. She didn’t know about that claim. Then at first she didn’t believe the first accuser for the same reason, but as more came out. I reminded her that the Sandusky case included accusers long after the fact. It’s making her think and her support is wavering.

Her sisters are actually questioning each other’s loyalty to Trump.

I've skipped around this thread so it might have already been addressed, but do Kavanaugh defenders think Cosby and Sandusky are innocent because it took years for allegations and charges to be made in those cases?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
6 hours ago, Nivek said:
Had a conversation with my mother earlier. She doesn’t believe the accuser Ford, because she took so long. I mentioned some facts, which she wasn’t aware of. Then I asked her about Bill Cosby. She is happy he is going to prison. I then mentioned that the first accuser was character assassinated nearly a decade ago. She didn’t know about that claim. Then at first she didn’t believe the first accuser for the same reason, but as more came out. I reminded her that the Sandusky case included accusers long after the fact. It’s making her think and her support is wavering.

Her sisters are actually questioning each other’s loyalty to Trump.

Read more  

do Kavanaugh defenders think Cosby and Sandusky are innocent because it took years for allegations and charges to be made in those cases?

Are Cosby and Sandusky Republicans?  If so, then yes.  If not, then no. 

• Like 2

WaPo article with Yale classmates saying the fox news interview was bullshit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2018/09/25/ea5e50d4-c0eb-11e8-9005-5104e9616c21_story.html

“He’s trying to paint himself as some kind of choir boy,” said Brookes, a Republican and former pharmaceutical executive who recalled an encounter with a drunken Kavanaugh at a fraternity event. “You can’t lie your way onto the Supreme Court, and with that statement out, he’s gone too far. It’s about the integrity of that institution.”

They wanted to eliminate the (1)so you drank to the point of blackout (2) is it possible this happened and you don't remember reasoning but they went too far. Maybe no one cares about the truth anymore. And yes, Clinton lied. Political position of the presidency, one that is accountable to voters and term limited is different than a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court only subject to removal by extraordinary means.

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Racist Christian.  

I know it's a thing, but it just don't make no sense. 

I have some family like this and it's easier if you imagine the church as more of a social organization to them than a religious one. Not to say they don't believe the teachings, but you don't see any extra bible study on their own or anything like that like you do from the more serious ones.

There are examples that kavanaugh potentially lied or told half truths already to the judiciary committee.  And there is the potential he could do so tomorrow.  Even the relatively innocent questions about how much he drank in high school and college.  He says he had a few beers while others say he was perpetually falling down drunk.  

What is the procedure for the senate to actually check to see if he’s lying during a hearing?   The attitude seems to be that he’s under oath and a current judge so we can’t question his integrity, let’s vote Friday.

now i think it’s silly to not confirm a Justice because of a question of how much he drank 30 years ago.  But it goes to the larger picture of a lifetime appointment of someone that puts his own ambitions over telling the truth under oath.    A judge that lies under oath should be immediately fired not rewarded.

• Like 5

So the 2nd accuser refuses to appear or give a statement under penalty of perjury.  But her lawyer is out there lying about it and telling people she wants to testify.  The 3rd accuser appears to be a figment of her lawyer's imagination.  That leaves Ford, who thinks she was 15, but maybe she was in her late teens. She originally said 4 boys assaulted her, but now it's 2. Then she stuck her best friend in the tale; I guess hoping for some corroboration that didn't happen.  What a farce, and an awful precedent.  This is ten times slimier than what happened to Clarence Thomas. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

The level of hypocrisy and bullshit spewing out of the GOP has me more fired up than any time in my political life. Just gave $200 to Beto. Committed to host a phone bank in NOVa and phone bank regularly for Beto, will campaign for Wexton (Comstock's opponent) and do whatever else I can. We have to hold these guys accountable.

• Like 6

Keep giving money to Beto. Really, if you can just reach enough Texans with his message of more gun control, he can win. You are not flushing your money down a toilet. Really. And who cares if he lied about trying to flee the scene of a DWI.  Because he admits to his white privilege, he has integrity.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

Keep giving money to Beto. Really, if you can just reach enough Texans with his message of more gun control, he can win. You are not flushing your money down a toilet. Really. And who cares if he lied about trying to flee the scene of a DWI.  Because he admits to his white privilege, he has integrity.
Sure. Just gave a $100 more. Only one candidate in Texas is standing up to this bullshit. Stick to your Facebook memes if you want. You're part of the problem.
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Majority of Texans agree with Beto on gun safety.  But keep on talking up Cruz’s points.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And the current process is a different one.  It's a job interview.  For a lifetime job.  At the highest level of our government.  The burden of proof for "morally unfit" is not "beyond a reasonable doubt."  

Its really this simple.   Its a job inteview.   One part of my job is to interview and hire for our company.  These are professional applicants with 6 figure starting incomes.  One guy I was about to offer had posted pictures of himself drunk AF from several years ago and an assistant found them.  Thats all it took to pull his offer.  No crime, no accusations, just dumfuckery and not wanting to take a risk.

Edited by Horn Dog

41 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Done.  Thanks for the reminder. 

Thanks for the reminder...Just hit Beto, Hegar, Collier, and Nelson. 

I actually dialed back what I gave to Beto and gave more to Collier and Nelson. Beto is doing fine raising money nationally, but Collier and Nelson are fucking critical races IMO. Patrick and Paxton are the biggest shitbags in a state government full of shitbags

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
This doesn’t help Kavanaugh. 

Nu-uh, she just made this shit up to smear Kavanaugh. That's only why it's coming out now.

Not because he's suddenly going to be the 5th conservative vote on the highest court in the United States that will rule on things like abortion, women's health services, etc.  She should have taken him down when he was just a lowly member of the D.C. Circuit court instead. /sarc

Edited by Js1

22 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I actually dialed back what I gave to Beto and gave more to Collier and Nelson. Beto is doing fine raising money nationally, but Collier and Nelson are fucking critical races IMO. Patrick and Paxton are the biggest shitbags in a state government full of shitbags

Give the money to folks who might win against incumbent Republican a-holes in Texas state office.  Any folks those guys get will be votes for Beto anyway.   Money to Beto may not help downballot folks as much as money to downballot folks might help Beto.

Don’t sleep on Julie Oliver, neither

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nu-uh, she just made this shit up to smear Kavanaugh. That's only why it's coming out now.

Not because he's suddenly going to be the 5th conservative vote on the highest court in the United States that will rule on things like abortion, women's health services, etc.  She should have taken him down when he was just a lowly member of the D.C. Circuit court instead. /sarc

And if they can, just in the nick of time, have him sit for the start of the SCOTUS session in October, have him rule on this:

This appears to be a much bigger deal in the immediate crisis of criminal accountability than anything related to Rosenstein being fired.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So accusations aside, none of you right wing apologists are bothered by the fact that he's lying through his teeth about what he was like in high school?

It's amazing the bullshit that he's peddling. None of you buy it, do you?

It doesn’t bother me one bit. He has DECADES of life lived as an adult that refute the smear job of saying he is a drunk cretin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

It doesn’t bother me one bit. He has DECADES of life lived as an adult that refute the smear job of saying he is a drunk cretin.

yet he can only lie about it and numerous other things, boldly and repeatedly, on a daily basis today.

Edited by triplehorn

2 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

Susan Collins expressed concern about Christine Ford's high school yearbook.  So I Googled Christine Ford's high school yearbook.

My, my, my.

If you're going to say something like this, stop being a twat and actually link this shit. 

Link to Susan Collins expressing concern and link to the yearbook that isn't truepundit.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

you are an insincere, intellectual slug

• Haha 1