Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t disagree about the drink.  But it is bizarre to know gang rapes are happening at the parties and to keep going, right?

Maybe at the time they thought it was gang consensual sex?  If you don't really know the girl is intoxicated, you don't have much to go on as far as "rape" is concerned.

I remember hearing stories about girls with multiple guys in HS.  That wasn't my crowd, I walked a fine line between the nerds, the jocks, and the bandos, but mostly didn't hang out with the total party animals, so I never really saw it, but I heard about it.  I don't know if I would have ever really connected the dots that it might not have been consensual.  Sure, if I knew she was passed out, that's one thing, but otherwise?  At that age?  I don't really think so.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Wait, teenagers do dangerous shit thinking that the negative consequences won't happen to them?   Sorry, that is a bridge too far. 

I remember in high school when one of our friends was really badly injured in a drunk driving accident. I remember how all the drinking at parties immediately stopped and how nobody ever drove home after drinking ever again and always immediately handed over their keys as soon as one of us asked them to do so.

Wait, no. That last part didn't happen because stupid fucking teenagers.

6 minutes ago, retread said:

The Penn St, Mich St, US Olympics, and Catholic priest scandals should give you the answer. There's something quite malignant in our culture that makes abuse victims very reluctant to come forward. I guess the last few days have shown that witnesses are also reluctant to dip their toes in those waters.

Imagine the cronyism in the Private Prep School crowd. These boys have all grown up to move in powerful men in DC, isn't surprising that victims might be scared to come forward.

But good for them for coming forward, keep belittling these women and you'll get more to get angry at the disrespect and will gain the courage to speak up.

• Like 5

Just now, David Dennison said:

Any guesses on when the nomination is pulled?

Does he make it through the day?

Will there be a hearing tomorrow?

I'm thinking they pull it before their hand picked prosecutor goes on national TV interrogating Dr. Blasey.  But who knows? We've already seen there's no bottom.

Just now, triplehorn said:

He's worried his Mickey Finn won't get seated in time to vote on a crucial case to be heard by SCOTUS as early as this October's session that might allow Trump’s presidential pardon to include state offenses.  He's about him, always.

I'm being serious here:  I doubt Donald actually thinks there's anything wrong with trying to physically overwhelm a woman to have sex.

• Like 5

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm being serious here:  I doubt Donald actually thinks there's anything wrong with trying to physically overwhelm a woman to have sex.

And I bet he will still call him a good person when it's announced they've pulled the nomination.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Of course he doesn’t.  This has been empirically proven when he defended Mike Tyson AFTER he was convicted of rape by a jury.

Trump essentially blamed the woman for being in the room.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

Just catching up on the Avenatti accuser. Sworn dec and all. He's done right?

It's like you guys aren't even paying attention.  He'll be confirmed sometime next week.  Republicans will fall in line with their dear leader.  If they have to blow up the constitution to do it with less than 50 votes, they'll do it.  Or Trump will just say he's in and let him start deciding cases.  They don't fucking care that he's a rapist.  It's just lying librul sluts.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I think a smart R senator will wait for the hearing, double check their poll numbers, limber up morally,  and then decide to responsible thing to do (to get re-elected)

I would tend to think that the senators are in a good spot, so they probably aren't sweating it too much....  at this point they'll have cover either way.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Birds of a feather with Kavanaugh. They think everyone is just like them. 

Long story....Huey Meaux was a legendary Houston record producer in the '60s and '70s. He had a thing for 13-14 year old girls, and he had a secret chamber in his studio where he's ply them with Walgreens costume jewelry and cocaine and film himself fucking them. It all came crashing down in the 1990s and he went to prison.

A few years later my dad and I were commissioned to write liner notes for the music he recorded for its re-release in Europe. He was cut out of the deal, and he was pissed, so he was firing off a bunch of angry letters to my dad from his prison cell in the Panhandle. 

In one, he said "All I ever did was have sex with some 14-year-old crack whores."

"Who has not?" he added.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Of course he doesn’t.  This has been empirically proven when he defended Mike Tyson AFTER he was convicted of rape by a jury.

Trump essentially blamed the woman for being in the room.

In 1992, after heavyweight-boxing champion Mike Tyson was convicted of raping Desiree Washington, Trump still defended his longtime friend.

“You have a young woman that was in his hotel room late in the evening at her own will,” the mogul said, in a video clip BuzzFeed News obtained in April.

“You have a young woman seen dancing for the beauty contest—dancing with a big smile on her face, looked happy as can be,” Trump added. “It’s my opinion that to a large extent, Mike Tyson was railroaded in this case.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/all-the-times-donald-trump-defended-sexual-predatorsincluding-himself

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

And I bet he will still call him a good person when it's announced they've pulled the nomination.

oh that's red meat for his base, he'll be talking about that non stop at his rallies, culture war, deep state .....  scary bigly scary

Just now, David Dennison said:

Do you want to be the female Republican senator to vote for him?

If she wants to be re-elected as a republican she damn well better vote for him.  Otherwise she's a RINO lubrul slut just like the rest of those pussy hat bitches.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If he was Cosbying women he absolutely deserves to lose his livelihood.  This is a mess at this point. 

Maybe strap everyone involved who is willing to a polygraph administered by the FBI. 

oh. what's changed? does the third accuser somehow validate the first accuser?

There won't be a vote.  They will pull his nomination.  Mitch doesn't want a vote for Kavanaugh on his caucus' record when credible accusations are still coming in.  Who knows what kind of fucked up story could be waiting to be broken with this guy.

Edited by kevwun

12 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The new accuser says in her affidavit that some of this shit went down during beach week.   Thanks for the calendar, Brett. 

someone earlier was asking why avenatti would wait to reveal his cards. 

this is why. say what we want about avenatti and his attention-whore methodology, but he's not stupid. he's a tactical genius. calendar comes out this morning with BEACH WEEK in all caps, and notating parties, and even groundings?

2 hours later, reveal your sworn affadavit with a reference to his poor behavior during BEACH WEEK.

whoops.

Just now, kevwun said:

There won't be a vote.  They will pull his nomination.  No one wants to have a vote for Kavanaugh on their record.  Accusations are still coming in and who knows what kind of fucked up story could be waiting to be broken with this guy.

Maryland criminal investigators are awaiting the signal.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

someone earlier was asking why avenatti would wait to reveal his cards. 

this is why. say what we want about avenatti and his attention-whore methodology, but he's not stupid. he's a tactical genius. calendar comes out this morning with BEACH WEEK in all caps, and notating parties, and even groundings?

2 hours later, reveal your sworn affadavit with a reference to his poor behavior during BEACH WEEK.

whoops.

Yeah the BEACH WEEK thing is brutal.

Look! I have a a calendar!

Yep, you sure do.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

There won't be a vote.  They will pull his nomination.  No one wants to have a vote for Kavanaugh on their record.  Accusations are still coming in and who knows what kind of fucked up story could be waiting to be broken with this guy.

This has been my position from the beginning. 

However, I didn’t think McConnell would double and triple down like he did. 

I was surprised Kavanaugh made it through the weekend. 

They should have pulled this nomination a week ago and all this shit could have been avoided.

Moreover, this whole situation is BIG test for one of our remaining democratic institutions:

The Free Press

Only because of their tireless pursuit of the truth is Kavanaugh in jeopardy. 

Without the journalists doing the leg work, our elected officials would be appointing even more criminals to the judiciary.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I know that everyone keeps asking questions about why the GOP doesn't want an FBI investigation or why Feinstein held onto the allegations until the last minute, but I don't think we have to pretend that Avenatti did anything but release this for maximum effect.

Well, if the allegations are true, maximum effect is absolutely warranted given the GOP’s negligence with Kavanaugh.

3 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Anyone know what Beach Week is- like Spring Break, or more of a commercial festival like ACL?

According to locals chiming in on Twitter, it was more of a local tradition where seniors got their parents to rent beach houses and party for a week straight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Why do some crimes not have a statute of limitations, like felony sexual assault in Maryland ?  

It's for times like these when unusual circumstance overlaps with opportunity for justice overdue.

It looks like Kavanaugh is turning out to be a major, soon to be divorced, POS, but what evidence is a prosecutor going to hang on him other than her story against his ? she can't place the house, the date or who was there.  I'm sure she's tried to blot it out of her mind, like any other victim of sexual assault.   Cosby had how many accusers before he was finally convicted ?