Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, MixtyMotions said:

I think many on the Left think they have a shot at delaying a confirmation past the end of the year, winning the Senate and blocking a Trump nominee till 2021.

Or the Republicans can nominate Merrick Garland and the heavens will part while all the world’s children sing in peace and harmony.

3 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

I believe there are many on both the Left and Right who would risk a lot for a shot at changing the composition of the Court.  I think many on the Left think they have a shot at delaying a confirmation past the end of the year, winning the Senate and blocking a Trump nominee till 2021.

I wonder why they would do that.

I was at a party where that happened in hs. I don’t know how many boys, I didn’t participate. But, and I hate to type these words, she was a willing participant. I got to know her pretty well over the next couple years. She never said anything but that that’s how she wanted to welcome herself to a new school. She had MASSIVE daddy issues.

What if they same girl is know a liberal activist?

• Fuck You 5

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

A smarter man would have referenced Jefferson.

Donald Trump is not a smart man.

No he's playing 5d chess. Thomas Jefferson only had non consensual sex with slaves, and slaves were property, therefore you can't rape a slave. He's got you libs all twisted and confused with his logic. 

That is the idea.  The most common type (and the type used in the study) measures heart rate, respiratory rate, and galvanic skin response.  The aim is to see how one responds to baseline questions and then see how they respond when given questions of interest and compare the two.  I read through the polygraph report and they used the zone comparison test method and they did ask baseline questions for comparison.
Again, I think polygraphs are garbage pseudoscience on par with reading astrological signs, but this particular polygraph examination was useless even by polygraph standards.  They asked her only two yes or no questions of interest at a hotel in the most relaxed of conditions and the examination was administered by a group that they hired.  She could have told you that she killed JFK under those conditions and you probably would not see a stress response.  But again, it doesn't matter anyway because you cannot determine deception by physiological response.  

Did you take Lying and Deception (Dr. Knapp) at UT??

6 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Did you take Lying and Deception (Dr. Knapp) at UT??

No, but I do think I read a paper by Dr. Knapp on it.  I got interested in this topic some time ago and did some digging into it.  I was amazed at how far apart public perception is on their accuracy (including my own views on polygraphs before I looked into them) vs how the experts view them.  If you understand how they work in concept (basically most are just heart and breathing monitors) it strips all the mystery out of them and it becomes pretty clear that they aren't peering into one's soul.