Shit's Borked

RPM

So in the forum root there are 3 buttons at the top. The far right one is fluid mode. Its a combined thread view very similar to tapatalk. You can add and remove boards as well and sort by latest comment etc. 

Screenshot_20240309-133655.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’m aware that Imma hates tapa and doesn’t want to support it. I also don’t care and I’m going to use it if it works because, like many others as well documented in this thread, I find it easier to use. Insult me all you want, call me stupid, call me a boomer, whatever the fuck makes you feel good. DGAF.

It is working for me now and I appreciate whatever caused that to happen. My question though for anyone that can or wants to answer:

I now see ads on it which I never did before. Wondering how to get rid of those if possible. Is it a surly thing or a tapa thing? I’m sure I’m just a dipshit, I get it. But at least one legit answer would be appreciated.

Stupid boomer.

On a more serious note, I was a die hard Tapa user because I thought it was better/easier. But I just forced myself to switch and now that I’m used to the mobile version I’ll never go back. Maybe try to not be so inflexible and try something different for awhile. You can always go back. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

faithful ipad safari user here. something’s been fucky with both the swipe left and back button on the browser lately. sometimes works as normal, sometimes it just kind of hangs there for a second and reloads the same page. been happening bout two weeks now 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 4

On 3/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, joe dirt said:

faithful ipad safari user here. something’s been fucky with both the swipe left and back button on the browser lately. sometimes works as normal, sometimes it just kind of hangs there for a second and reloads the same page. been happening bout two weeks now 🤷🏽‍♂️

Same on iphone/ipad

On 3/9/2024 at 6:23 PM, joe dirt said:

17 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Same. Annoying af. 

Same

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

Ok. If it’s big then it’s not a borked server issue. Is anything else loading slow? 

No sir but I did clear all history,  cache and cookies and it is responding better now. However,  when I first logged back in, it was even worse, but now is better

3 hours ago, immamac said:

There’s an update I can install tonight to see if that fixes something. I’ll clear out some caches while I’m doing that upgrade as well hopefully that solves the issue. 

Maybe give the unread a kick. Starting to see a thread here and there fall through the cracks again. 

25 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Nah, I just posted in your Caleb Harris thread, it doesn't show in my feed currently. This glitch has never been fixed. 

Oh I thought it started working after the last time when I totally rebuilt after evicting whatever bad actor was doing shit. 

18 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

You don’t mean???

Nah, really? I didn’t think he was that bright. 

lol no it just takes a while to do all its shit because it has to reindex everything and whatnot. 

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

lol no it just takes a while to do all its shit because it has to reindex everything and whatnot. 

Sorry. I was maybe reading too much into what (I thought) you were implying above.  

As to the “bad actor”, etc. 

On 3/16/2024 at 3:12 PM, immamac said:

There’s an update I can install tonight to see if that fixes something. I’ll clear out some caches while I’m doing that upgrade as well hopefully that solves the issue. 

still no go for me on mobile safari or chrome on both iphone and ipad 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Rage+1 1

On 3/9/2024 at 1:44 PM, Dbeasy said:

Stupid boomer.

On a more serious note, I was a die hard Tapa user because I thought it was better/easier. But I just forced myself to switch and now that I’m used to the mobile version I’ll never go back. Maybe try to not be so inflexible and try something different for awhile. You can always go back. 

Me too. Mobile ftmfw

7 hours ago, immamac said:

So the iPhone issue is due to the new rendering in safari. Apple devs are incompetent I’ve had it happen on a bunch of sites. Especially text heavy ones. 

Tfw all the iOS browsers are just webkit with a different skin

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I moved from a mac to a PC. I prefer the mac, but work. One thing I have noticed. When I click on a notification I have a quote responding to my comment it takes me to the bottom of the page. Any thoughts?

Happens to me all the time - most noticeably in threads that have embedded media.  It looks to me like the lazy loaders do not calculate the vertical space for the embed properly, so the page kind of jumps around as it loads and eventually ends up a bit off from where the last post read line actually is.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/24/2024 at 12:58 PM, immamac said:

So the iPhone issue is due to the new rendering in safari. Apple devs are incompetent I’ve had it happen on a bunch of sites. Especially text heavy ones. 

i’m having the same issue with chrome on ios/ipados. actually seems like it’s worse. 

On 3/25/2024 at 5:23 AM, bernorange said:

Happens to me all the time - most noticeably in threads that have embedded media.  It looks to me like the lazy loaders do not calculate the vertical space for the embed properly, so the page kind of jumps around as it loads and eventually ends up a bit off from where the last post read line actually is.

Shits getting worse. I think the Masters forget to feed hamsters.

This is a WebKit thing guys it’s not a surly thing. I’ve tested everything the server responds correctly and the phone is just not rendering. This happens on pages that are not surly as well.

i daily drive an iPhone 15 and see/experience this issue so I’m not writing you off or telling you it doesn’t exist. 

instead of the back button or back gesture you can click home at the bottom or forums at the bottom and it takes you back to the root. I would recommend this or using the go back to topic listing button. It seems like it does better than the back button and renders a whole new page correctly vs leaving the current page rendered and never showing the new page until it just poofs into existence. 

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Playback still an issue. Youtube embeds, Twitter links, etc. DT mainly for me.

Don't know what that means. this isn't a server side problem, we don't host those obviously.

Just now, immamac said:

Don't know what that means. this isn't a server side problem, we don't host those obviously.

Yeah, understand, just making the comment. updated the browser and still an issue.

So if I hit play on a Youtube embed here it does not play. Go to Youtube, same video and run it and no issues. Odd.

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, understand, just making the comment. updated the browser and still an issue.

So if I hit play on a Youtube embed here it does not play. Go to Youtube, same video and run it and no issues. Odd.

Just here are all places with embeds. 

5 minutes ago, freyguy said:

fluid mode.

Other views seem to crash/hang up the browser as they attempt to load the various embedded sources.

That’s weird cuz expanded view on the other modes is disabled. I wonder why it would have been slow. Regardless fluid is the vastly superior method of browsing. 

• 2 weeks later...