Shit's Borked

RPM

Just now, Neonmoon said:

I don’t have the fluid width option either. I’m more of a length man I guess. 

I don't show it on the customization tab drop down but I have it on the Home page.  What is messed up is if I change to it, and pick the Charlie Brewer thread then the posts fill the whole page but if I click on the Urban or Bust thread I get the right side filled with the grey space and the posts condensed.  

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Damn nice job, imho. 

small screens much more interesting to the the eye

looks fantastic 

much faster feel 

I don't think it's a feel, the php backend was entirely rewritten. It seems like they fixed a lot of performance issues for big sites. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Is there supposed to be a banner at the bottom of the pages with links to the forums? If there is I'm not seeing it on Android Chrome. I've never messed with any them stuff, so I should be just whatever is default. Site looks good, though.

I moved it to the native footer, that may not be showing up in mobile give me a sec.

also fixed grey text in comment boxes let me know if it looks better?

eek

1) i am unable to go to the main forum page for some subs - DT, CR, FB at least, haven't tested them all, and obviously Board Discussion worked...but for the others i'm getting HTTP error 500.

i CAN select the top thread listed on surly home page under each forum listed...but once in that thread, when i select 'Go to topic listing'...back to HTTP error 500.

in other words, the only thread i can access on most subs is the one with the most recent response that's being shown from the Surly home page. hope that helps.

2) i also cannot find any 'fluid width' or customization menu options anywhere. 

ETA: so i switched devices, and problem #1 above only seems to be occurring on my Android phone...i am able to access forums properly on my Surface w/o the 500 error. 

but i still find no customization menu options

additionally...on phone i'm back to not being taken to the most recent unread posts, i go to page 1 post 1 for every thread i can click. does not appear to be an issue on the tablet. 

thanks for the work on this :)

Edited by mchookem

14 minutes ago, mchookem said:

eek

1) i am unable to go to the main forum page for some subs - DT, CR, FB at least, haven't tested them all, and obviously Board Discussion worked...but for the others i'm getting HTTP error 500.

i CAN select the top thread listed on surly home page under each forum listed...but once in that thread, when i select 'Go to topic listing'...back to HTTP error 500.

in other words, the only thread i can access on most subs is the one with the most recent response that's being shown from the Surly home page. hope that helps.

2) i also cannot find any 'fluid width' or customization menu options anywhere. 

you may have been using the expanded thread list view. On the football board in particular it's timing out (I think it has an issue with the massive thread and all the rep calcs, to show a preview) 

Go to the futbol board (it loads fast cuz no threads) and make sure to toggle expanded thread list off (white is off). 

image.png.e11e04e1911b016f2d75510f17700c2a.png

The customization menu is up top

image.png.5288622d629bdbb5c5e0f515b98a7633.png

Depending on the width of your monitor you will have an option for fluid width, large text, sticky OP stuff like that.

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

you may have been using the expanded thread list view. On the football board in particular it's timing out (I think it has an issue with the massive thread and all the rep calcs, to show a preview) 

Go to the futbol board (it loads fast cuz no threads) and make sure to toggle expanded thread list off (white is off). 

image.png.e11e04e1911b016f2d75510f17700c2a.png

The customization menu is up top

image.png.5288622d629bdbb5c5e0f515b98a7633.png

Depending on the width of your monitor you will have an option for fluid width, large text, sticky OP stuff like that.

yay! that seems to have done the trick for the error and the 'go to first unread post' issue.

i still don't have any view options (tablet) under Customizer beyond the four here (even fewer on phone)...but that's okay, i'm good with the view as is...thank you! 

image.thumb.png.b578d0f011c502391c9efe7632e4034a.png