Shit's Borked

RPM

thanks...i followed instructions on Monday after the upgrade and it fixed it. i haven't changed anything since then, definitely haven't changed my View Content Behavior setting, and since it literally just started happening within the past hour, it seemed reasonable something else had happened. sorry.  ☺️

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

thanks...i followed instructions on Monday after the upgrade and it fixed it. i haven't changed anything since then, definitely haven't changed my View Content Behavior setting, and since it literally just started happening within the past hour, it seemed reasonable something else had happened. sorry.  ☺️

something else did happen I disabled the legacy plugin. I made the announcement at the top to help people :)

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

then...use your brain and say "how would I use the mobile menu navigation to do the exact same thing since those buttons exist on mobile" lol

image.png.b8067cf9ab59203388bd588d7332313c.png

image.png.97cdcd5ba016b7c52db209b40f279bcf.png

Alright I had already looked here and found nothing. Went back and discovered that “Settings area” was defaulted to hidden, and I had to notice the triangle to know to expand it. 

I’ve been having serious issues posting pics in Tapa. Anybody else having problems? It tries to upload, goes immediately to 95% and then gets hung up before telling me it failed. Takes 3-4 times to get it to finally go through sometimes.

Same issue. I’ve emailed the Tapa people numerous times and they don’t have a fix.

It tends to do better if you choose the smallest file size but I still get errors pretty regularly.

The other recurring issue I get in Tapa is ads audibly auto-playing when I have my phone on mute.

33 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I pretty much gave up on picture posting. It was only slightly less of a beating than going to Walmart.

If I threw in an extra couple of bucks and got vetted and everything would that work?

Probably not. Some stealthy Shitheads would exploit it.

Oh well. Theater of the mind it is.

what do you mean? 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

what do you mean? 

I'm small taters.

You got bigger fish to fry. 

After Photobucket quit working and then I couldn't figure out Imgur because old and me no sabe. I never did take to tapa. Every once in a while if I absolutely had to post a pic I could download straight from the phone. But, I could see where granting downloads to any idiot that happened to wander in might prove problematic.

Like I said, you got bigger problems around here than me not posting pictures of flowers.

34 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm small taters.

After Photobucket quit working and then I couldn't figure out Imgur because old and me no sabe. I never did take to tapa. Every once in a while if I absolutely had to post a pic I could download straight from the phone. But, I could see where granting downloads to any idiot that happened to wander in might prove problematic.

Like I said, you got bigger problems around here than me not posting pictures of flowers.

you can upload directly to surly...no need for photobucket or anything. just paste you pic in or drag/drop it into the reply box.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

First new post just stopped working for me. 

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

When I click a thread, I no longer get taken to the first unread post. Just page 1. Was fine a bit ago

are your settings correct? go to account settings -> content preferences and select the thing you want.

9 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm small taters.

I've never uploaded directly to surly like Ima posted, but I like to have a catalogue of images I've uploaded available elsewhere. The other option is to host it somewhere online, and right click or long press on the image and select open image in new tab. You may have to do this twice on some sites, but you should eventually end up with a tab that only has the image with a URL that ends in something like .jpg. Copy that URL, and then hit the "other media" button at the bottom of the posting screen. Select the "insert image from URL" option and paste the URL in the box. It should then insert the image into your post.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

are your settings correct? go to account settings -> content preferences and select the thing you want.

Mine changed as well. I fixed the account settings, but if there was an update that changed it for a bunch of folks it might be helpful to put a sticky or banner at the top of the site with a link to how to fix it.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I've never uploaded directly to surly like Ima posted, but I like to have a catalogue of images I've uploaded available elsewhere. The other option is to host it somewhere online, and right click or long press on the image and select open image in new tab. You may have to do this twice on some sites, but you should eventually end up with a tab that only has the image with a URL that ends in something like .jpg. Copy that URL, and then hit the "other media" button at the bottom of the posting screen. Select the "insert image from URL" option and paste the URL in the box. It should then insert the image into your post.

Surly offers image storage in our gallery as well. The gallery can be private and have custom permissions where no one but you can see the images. It also has the capability of allowing you to have custom copyright and even sell particular images. 

Maybe I should make that feature more prominent so people will upload their UT related picture. The only thing in the terms is unprotected images can be used by surly in tweets and stuff like that.