Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

It’s not just right play. It’s player personnel. 
Having Beck/Porter split out wide is nuts. It fools no one and whatever perceived flexibility the staff believes they gain from being able to quickly move to a running play is lost due to suckitude as viable route runners of Beck/Porter on passing downs. 
agreed. for me, personnel is part of the play. calling plays that do not optimize or match the personnel is calling the wrong plays.

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

1.5 is the line.  There will be at least one lazy out pass that he gets baited in to.  The question is will there be a second....or a fumble

I'll take the under. One int, but at least 1-2 others that should have been picked off but were dropped by the defense. 

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Sick of watching all these teams put their opponents away in the first half like they’re supposed to while we struggle with fucking Maryland.

Fuck you, Tom.

Yeah it’s amazing what a little bit of competent coaching will do.  Watching Scott Frost execute a game plan, especially on offense, with unquestionably inferior talent than UT is sickening.

• Like 1

Watching the rerun of Longhorn Weekly before LHN Gameday,   Herman stated he was asked by Fenves about a recommendation for AD and recommended CDC.    Also,  talked to CDC about taking the Texas AD position.    Stated he and CDC have continued close relationship since working together at Rice.    Interesting...

(CDC was interviewed to open Longhorn Weekly)

Watching the rerun of Longhorn Weekly before LHN Gameday,   Herman stated he was asked by Fenves about a recommendation for AD and recommended CDC.    Also,  talked to CDC about taking the Texas AD position.    Stated he and CDC have continued close relationship since working together at Rice.    Interesting...
(CDC was interviewed to open Longhorn Weekly)
So basically CDC wouldn't be here without him
And CDC needs to remember that come firing time.

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If we lose to Kansas come talk. But this certainly looks to be the worst team in years 

Herman inherited significantly more talent than strong (see first year drafts). Maybe a scare against Tulsa isn’t the same, but a loss to Tulsa and 2 seasons getting beat by Maryland is easily on par with Kansas.

• Like 2

I'm a rainbows and unicorns kinda guy when it come to the team. Always trying to look at the bright side. But after this debacle I'm done. I don't know what it's going to take but we aren't even close to being back in any way. I remember the years before Mack Brown and I don't ever remember feeling like this.

IF we win this game we may not win another one this season.

• Like 1

Coach Stubborn won't let anyone tell him who should be OC.  Coach Stubborn won't let anyone tell him who should play QB.  Coach Stubborn won't let anyone tell him which RB should get carries.

Coach Stubborn doesn't look like he'll change the rest of this season or next season, so right now there's no reason to give him a 3rd season.  Spare me the BS that we'll never get a coach if we fire him after 2 years.  Won't get a proven top tier coach, but were we going to get one anyway if we wait a year?  There's always hungry, up and coming stars willing to gamble on what should be one of the top 3 jobs in the country.  Give 'em 2 years to show promise, sooner or later one will work out.  And probably faster than these 3-year untouchable windows that just makes the hole deeper.

That said, it is still possible that he can make changes and turn this season around.  Just like peace in the Middle East is still theoretically possible.  But I'll probably not bet money that either will happen this year.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

I was still in wait and see mode after Maryland but seeing ZERO adjustments and this poor of a performance after the embarrassment of losing to Maryland again has turned me. Herman and this staff are poor coaches. 

A legit staff gets wins in year 1 and especially year 2. Aggy has about the same if not lesser talent in many ways and Jimbo has them competing. This is what happens when you hand the job to the flavor of the month and dont properly investigate to find the best fit. 

I think I'm done.  I just can't muster the strength anymore.  Im tired of getting excited for a game and then seeing how it plays out and being disappointed - even in the wins.  It's just been too long.  I actually think that I have stuff I'd rather do on Saturdays now. 

I never thought I would feel this way but here I am.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic