Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, scottsins said:

F Scally

op si yag

3 hours ago, Dilligas said:

What if the absolute bottom of the barrel happens this weekend? Horns lose, aggy wins.

Over/under on suicides, banners, etc.

go

We might lose. Might. Or it might be close enough to be humiliating.

But aggy sure as hell ain't winning that game. That's just not how they roll. When was the last time they up and beat a heavy favorite, aside from JFF's big game vs Bama?

A week has past and I’m still steaming about this unacceptable loss. Remembering that Saban also had sense enough to fire his OC after one year makes me feel like we are doomed, just like the Strong fiasco. If we continue to have a shit offense for several weeks, which I think we will, them we’ve got the wrong coach - again.

A week has past and I’m still steaming about this unacceptable loss. Remembering that Saban also had sense enough to fire his OC after one year makes me feel like we are doomed, just like the Strong fiasco. If we continue to have a shit offense for several weeks, which I think we will, them we’ve got the wrong coach - again.
The difference is, this coach has an idea of what he wants the offense to look like and he's recruiting for that.

Strong was trying to get Watson to run some kind of spread... and Norvell did it... then somebody told Strong he needed an Air Raid or V-n-S OC.

If we see Tom go away from Smashmouth Spread, we're dead.

Our problem isn't offensive philosophy. It's calling the right play.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

The difference is, this coach has an idea of what he wants the offense to look like and he's recruiting for that.

Strong was trying to get Watson to run some kind of spread... and Norvell did it... then somebody told Strong he needed an Air Raid or V-n-S OC.

It’s not just right play. It’s player personnel. 

Having Beck/Porter split out wide is nuts. It fools no one and whatever perceived flexibility the staff believes they gain from being able to quickly move to a running play is lost due to suckitude as viable route runners of Beck/Porter on passing downs. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

*passed

I am extremely disappointed.  I would have bet the farm that by noon Sunday this thread would have already been up to 50 pages.  A bunch of slackers.  Apparently you are trying too hard.  This is why we cant have nice things.  :)  

Is it acceptable now to say fuck tom herman now and not get negged to oblivion?  I don't give a shit anyway...….fuck tom herman.  December 2019 cant get here soon enough.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 6

On 9/5/2018 at 1:33 PM, Bruh Man said:

Herman really needs to nip this shit in the bud now. Don't want all this losing affecting the psyche of the '18 class. They look like a promising group but so did the earlier classes before they got contaminated with all the losing. 

"Losing is a disease, as contagious as syphilis or small pox, it must not be allowed to propagate or spread".

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Snacks said:

That may be, but I don't think our personnel is a good fit for this philosophy.

They may not be a great fit for any philosophy, but we don't have a running quarterback, a line that excels at inside zone, or any good tight ends.

13 minutes ago, Foosters said:

The year is 2137. Our 96th attempt at replacing Mack Brown is in his second year.  He loses the first game of the season to Mars Directional.  SurlyHorns reminds everyone not to panic because Nick Saban lost to ULL-Monroe in 2007.

At least Mars Directional is a P5 school. And we are undefeated in our conference. So all our goals are still there. And aggy opens the season with a resounding win over North Uranus State, again, while Clone Jimbo is entering the final year of his 100 year guaranteed contract.  

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This reminds me of the job interview question "What is your biggest flaw?"

Lots of people will say something like "I work too hard" or "I'm a perfectionist."

#1.  Those are bullshit answers designed to impress, and no, they don't impress.

#2.  Everyone has flaws.  The people who do the best will be the ones who can identify their flaws and work to correct/minimize them.

Apply #1 and #2 to Herman claiming we lost because we tried too hard.  He's selling snake oil.

My first job was at the Frostee Freeze at Six Flags. On my interview they asked my biggest weakness. I froze. Now I know that is a standard interview question but back then I was green and didn’t know what do. I blurted out “leadership skills”. 

Interviewer replies “who says you have leadership skill problems?”

”my professors?” (I was 16 and in HS)

”your professors?”

”yes ma’am”

i think they must have really needed someone because I still got the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Foosters said:

The year is 2137. Our 96th attempt at replacing Mack Brown is in his second year.  He loses the first game of the season to Mars Directional.  SurlyHorns reminds everyone not to panic because Nick Saban lost to ULL-Monroe in 2007.

No, that was in Saban’s first year. Since this is year 2 for number 96, we’re fucked. 

I'm not exactly sympathetic to where Herman sits right now, but there's really no opportunity for him to better his situation this weekend.  There was already the challenge of having a shitty opponent for your home opener, which is even more of a problem now that (1) we shit the bed in our first game to start 0-1 once again, and (2) the high chances of rain and thunderstorms will only drive more fans away.  The coaches and staff better have enough motivation and drive to beat up on Tulsa, because I don't think the fan support -- both in numbers and level of enthusiasm -- are going to help them out on Saturday. 

6 hours ago, Snacks said:

Strong was finally starting to build something with that veer and shoot. Once again, he had to go, but the V and S did not. It made fucking Baylor a second-tier powerhouse. 

I will be watching as usual from the comfort of my own recliner with the knowledge and satisfaction that I haven't fucked off one cent on this downhill shitshow of a program.  I am all in on UT winning all their games but I'm done pissing off money.  When or if things turnaround, I'll be back.

8 hours ago, RadiologyHorn said:

My first job was at the Frostee Freeze at Six Flags. On my interview they asked my biggest weakness. I froze. Now I know that is a standard interview question but back then I was green and didn’t know what do. I blurted out “leadership skills”. 

Interviewer replies “who says you have leadership skill problems?”

”my professors?” (I was 16 and in HS)

”your professors?”

”yes ma’am”

i think they must have really needed someone because I still got the job.

They probably figured you had no future, so they wouldn't need to find a replacement for years. 

I'd be rather shocked if several of you lads haven't grabbed your rabbit and squeezed too hard, ending up with a disappointing performance and a hot mess. Of course, it wasn't on TV, you weren't being paid millions, and you hadn't been telling everyone you knew how spectacular your performance was going to be. In my case, South Austin's mom may or may not have been involved.

• Like 1

At least Mars Directional is a P5 school. And we are undefeated in our conference. So all our goals are still there. And aggy opens the season with a resounding win over North Uranus State, again, while Clone Jimbo is entering the final year of his 100 year guaranteed contract.  

Uranus lays on its side so I don’t even know how they would get North out of it.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic