Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

It's not looking good, but...

We gave Charlie 3. Unless Tom has a Kansas level disaster this year, I think he should get at least 3.

Because we wasted another year on Charlie, we should give tommy another year?  Just trying to make sure that I understand your logic.  

Because we wasted another year on Charlie, we should give tommy another year?  Just trying to make sure that I understand your logic.  
More of a "way of the college football landscape" deal than a "fairness" deal. The optics are really bad if Tom does equal to Charlie and gets one less year. The job has to remain attractive and hair trigger firings are ugly. To Sub's point, I think he does get another year at 5-7. To the point that he isn't CDC's guy, so that might mean the leash is shorter, I think that all depends on who is on the docket as far as head coaches go at the end of the season. I'm personally sick of picking up the hot new thing, but say a Larry Fedora type cracks into the top 10 or NY bowl game. Then I think it would be tempting.
  • Like 1

He’s melting down.  He knows the ship is sinking and is trying to sell hope.  This guy is way worse than Charlie.  Charlie would at least admit we sucked.  He knew what our issues were, he was just always a step late in fixing them.  Dumbfuck Tom has no clue what our issues are.  He’s clueless that his stupid hires and offense isn’t working out.  Fuck this guy.  

• Like 2

No fucking coach is gonna come here with a team full of sophomores ready to transfer away because their coaches got fired. Whoever does come will be fucked just like Herman was year 1 and then year 2 we start this bullshit all over again. This is the death spiral that everyone warned about when people wanted to yank off the band-aid and get the pain over with

Just now, victory88 said:

He’s melting down.  He knows the ship is sinking and is trying to sell hope.  This guy is way worse than Charlie.  Charlie would at least admit we sucked.  He knew what our issues were, he was just always a step late in fixing them.  Dumbfuck Tom has no clue what our issues are.  He’s clueless that his stupid hires and offense isn’t working out.  Fuck this guy.  

"The thing about Texas is they suck" -Charlie

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

That's one thing I will give CS credit for.  He came out and said, "we're going to get it fixed" even if he didn't do it.  TH doesn't even admit that the problem exists.  

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic