Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Eagles are only a half game out of that wild card, so the ended their season talk might have been premature.

I'd still rather play them than the Vikings or Panthers. The Cowboys never beat the fucking Vikings, Cousins or no Cousins. Same with the Panthers

Good chance we're the 4 seed and run it back with Seattle at our house this time

Huh?  What are you trying to say about the Vikings?  Or the Panthers?

That neither should scare us based on how they look right now. We've beaten Cousins plenty of times and Cam looks not right.

Both teams have stout defenses though, specifically up front and will be able to keep things close. And with our history against those two franchises it just, in popular butterteeth parlance, scares you to death

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Oh you mean Amari Cooper, that top level receiver they finally got for Dak to throw to? Yeah sometimes that helps for a quarterback to have a guy like that. 

See that wasn't even an apology

yeah, it was.  dak would be better if only he had a top 5 receiver to throw to because his top 1 elite RB that carries his ass all over the field isn’t carrying quite enough of the load.  

please. 

just eat your crow when white is starting. 

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah, it was.  dak would be better if only he had a top 5 receiver to throw to because his top 1 elite RB that carries his ass all over the field isn’t carrying quite enough of the load.  

please. 

just eat your crow when white is starting. 

Eat crow for what? You're the dumbass suggesting that Dak will or should be cut. First of all, it's regarded to think he will be cut, and who would we go and get if we did? Fucking dumbass

I'm assuming you're joking about White. There's no possible way you could be serious.

Edited by immortal13

Oh you mean Amari Cooper, that top level receiver they finally got for Dak to throw to? Yeah sometimes that helps for a quarterback to have a guy like that. 

See that wasn't even an apology

Cooper in 6 games is on a 16 game pace for 1800 yds and 16 TDs with Dak as his QB. That first game against Tennessee Cooper did almost nothing so almost all of his numbers are in 5 games. 

Dak and the offense have been absolute shit in the red zone and that's why people think he sucks. If they can improve that their offense should look better. 

I'm assuming you're joking about White. There's no possible way you could be serious.

I’m not joking.  he’s 6’4” with a rifle on his right shoulder and yet his favorite pass to throw is the screen.  he loves the screen game.  he excels at it.  and he can put the ball anywhere he wants all over the field.  he would destroy the NFL with zeke in the backfield.   

when he is named the backup at the start of 2019 you’ll adjust yourself in your seat, start to grumble a little, “surely this must be some kind of crazy mistake” but no it’s not a mistake.  and then, when dak inevitably farts his way to a 2-3 start after tanking in the wild card the previous year mike white will enter the game.  he is going to start and it’s going to save the franchise because we’ll be able to sign everyone we need to establish a true dynasty in the salary cap era with mike white on a 5th round rookie deal.  and then you’ll eat crow for it.  in about a year.

bookmark this post.  

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Must be tough to have to eat it every fucking week rather than hold out and puff your chest when the opppsite of normal occurs.  

I'll tell you one thing, it's definitely tough to read Futureman's endless series of failed bits on this site. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Eagles are only a half game out of that wild card, so the ended their season talk might have been premature.

I'd still rather play them than the Vikings or Panthers. The Cowboys never beat the fucking Vikings, Cousins or no Cousins. Same with the Panthers

Good chance we're the 4 seed and run it back with Seattle at our house this time

The Vikings were absolute shit last night. Dallas might get complacent against the Eagles. With Clement out, I think they're toast anyhow. But they know too much about us, and their coaches aren't idiots.

10 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I don't think this talk about Dak being a pretty good QB is going away. Unless he asks for the moon, the Cowboys will resign him.  How much they are willing to give him will depend a lot on how he performs in the next few weeks. White isn't my first choice to replace, but I've seen his highlights and he looks serviceable with a good team around him.

How bout Nick Foles? He's going to free agency, I believe.

Man when Vic is calling our future man for his horrible Dak/Mike White takes its time to Hang it up.

BTW an competent OC who will use Daks strengths is the only thing they’re missing. Just accept JG will be here forever and that’s fine, as pointed out above, as long as his Coordinators are really good.

BTW I know people still thing they’re running Garrett’s offense but I’m not sure. I think they’re using his philosophy of the old 90s team...but remember when he was calling play they threw it around 65% of the time or more, and that’s with Demarco Murray on the team. Linehan adopted the ground and pound that was so effective early on. He just hasn’t changed it or thrown any wrinkles on it in 4 years. I think it gets laid at Garrett’s feet for not telling him to change it up however.

They just need a more creative guy who isn’t so predictable. The defense knows when they’re running it. And exactly what routes they’re running when they not Handing it to Zeke. It shouldn’t be that easy.

• Like 1

It's almost guaranteed after last night's game that we're getting Seattle at home in the WC game. Seattle is almost locked in to that 5 slot unless they lose out and a shit team like Vikings/Panthers/eagles win out. Cowboys are a game behind bears with 3 to play so they could pass them for the 3 spot but the bears dont look like they're losing 2 of 3 and the cowboys would have to win out (I believe Bears would hold tie breaker on conference record but not sure depending on which games they lose)

I would much rather play the Vikings than Seattle. Cousins is a stats QB who can't beat any team with a winning record. He's the anti-Dak. All stats and no clutch.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Dilfer was 58-55 as a starter.  He won a ring because he played with one of the top 3 defenses of all-time.  He had a 76.6 passer rating and had a 12-11 TD/INT ratio that year.  Tony Banks started half that season.

That's a silly comparison.

58-55 is the definition of mediocre.

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

As I recall,  Dilfer just “managed” the game and didn’t screw it up.  Got to give him credit for doing that.

is that what you people want?  a huge contract that prevents building the roster for an average quarterback with below average talent who is capable of managing games and not screwing things up most of the time and needs the help of an all-time great defense led by two of the all-time greats at their position to “manage” his team to a super bowl win.  y’all wanna roll the dice on that?  ok.  I think we should get someone who can actually throw the damn ball and let this offense realize the potential of it’s incredible young talent  but that seems to be a crazy opinion.  maybe we can win the super bowl 13-10!

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

is that what you people want?  a huge contract that prevents building the roster for an average quarterback with below average talent who is capable of managing games and not screwing things up most of the time and needs the help of an all-time great defense led by two of the all-time greats at their position to “manage” his team to a super bowl win.  y’all wanna roll the dice on that?  ok.  I think we should get someone who can actually throw the damn ball and let this offense realize the potential of it’s incredible young talent  but that seems to be a crazy opinion.  maybe we can win the super bowl 13-10!

Well, Dallas did lose once in SB 13-10 so you may be onto something.

If you don't think Dak is the guy, fine, I still think he can be as good as we need him to be with some more work, but I can understand the arguments against him.  But this whole Mike White fanboy crush you have is just weird as hell.  That's a strange hill to die on.  Barring an injury or two, that dude is not stepping on the field.  

12 hours ago, futureman said:

I’m not joking.  he’s 6’4” with a rifle on his right shoulder and yet his favorite pass to throw is the screen.  he loves the screen game.  he excels at it.  and he can put the ball anywhere he wants all over the field.  he would destroy the NFL with zeke in the backfield.   

when he is named the backup at the start of 2019 you’ll adjust yourself in your seat, start to grumble a little, “surely this must be some kind of crazy mistake” but no it’s not a mistake.  and then, when dak inevitably farts his way to a 2-3 start after tanking in the wild card the previous year mike white will enter the game.  he is going to start and it’s going to save the franchise because we’ll be able to sign everyone we need to establish a true dynasty in the salary cap era with mike white on a 5th round rookie deal.  and then you’ll eat crow for it.  in about a year.

bookmark this post.  

this-is-not-the-hill-you-are-looking-for

a-poor-hill-upon-which-to-die-you-have-c

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Looks like this Romo was a great quarterback argument isn't going away.

I'd take Dak over Romo any day. Romo was too slow, got hurt too easily and threw too many interceptions.

Hoo boy this is terrible take. 99/100 GMs, head coaches, coordinators would disagree with you, I bet. 

In that vein, does anybody here listen to the Doomsday Podcast? It’s entertaining, has Moseley and Ed Werder. I’m paraphrasing but, after this last game Werder says he’s spoken to multiple defensive coordinators around the league and every single one says basically Dak is the reason their season will end. He’s an average QB that scares no one. His best trait still is running the ball. 

Edited by GRHorn

Dak over Romo?! And "any day" on top of that? Jesus, the terrible takes really do run rampant in this thread, don't they?  Dak has shown flashes here and there but like GRHorn said, he's an average game manager, he can't take over the game with his arm in the way Romo could.  Linehan has plenty of blame as well but he's not the only reason our offense looks so stagnant for long stretches so often.  I said earlier in this thread that Dak can be as good as we need him to be with some work (see Alex Smith going to a fairly recent Super Bowl) but I'd much rather have a healthy Romo actually moving the ball down the field

3 hours ago, futureman said:

Damn, if we would have just had Mike White for the last 21 years, Dallas would have 26 Super Bowls

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cooper in 6 games is on a 16 game pace for 1800 yds and 16 TDs with Dak as his QB. That first game against Tennessee Cooper did almost nothing so almost all of his numbers are in 5 games. 
Dak and the offense have been absolute shit in the red zone and that's why people think he sucks. If they can improve that their offense should look better. 
The redzone is one place where this team really misses Witten and Dez. Losing those options has severely limited us from the 15 yard line on in.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Hoo boy this is terrible take. 99/100 GMs, head coaches, coordinators would disagree with you, I bet. 

In that vein, does anybody here listen to the Doomsday Podcast? It’s entertaining, has Moseley and Ed Werder. I’m paraphrasing but, after this last game Werder says he’s spoken to multiple defensive coordinators around the league and every single one says basically Dak is the reason their season will end. He’s an average QB that scares no one. His best trait still is running the ball. 

Those defensive coordinators must not be from any team the cowboys play because their horrible red zone offense, horribly predicatable game planning and calling, and below par offensive line (due to multiple injuries) will be what derails them. 

Dak played a damn good game in his only playoff game and got the go ahead score to win with less than 2 minutes left. His defense then went and lost the game. If that's an indication of what he does when playoff pressure is on then cowboys have as good a shot as anyone with their top 5 defense this season. 

The problem with Romo was "win or go home" pressure did him in. He couldn't raise his game in it. Early returns show Dak may be able to do what Romo couldn't but we'll need more games under that pressure to find out for sure. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Double post

Edited by Junior Miller

48 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

In our lifetime we have watched Rex Grossman play in a Super Bowl, Blake Bortles play in an AFC championship game, Nick Foles out duel Tom Brady for a ring, Ben Roethlisberger win a Super Bowl going 9/21 for 123 yards and 2 INTs, Trent Dilfer win a ring, and Brad Johnson win a Super Bowl.

Based on what Dak has shown, he is more than capable of taking this team to a championship.

• Like 3